Page 108 of 161 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2405

lol i was actually in Boston when this was going on...Went down to check it out....It was my first day in the city and I ran outta lube

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    That’s one thing about this run that’s been bothering me. It’s treated the whole human/mutant thing as black and white but what about the gray? What about the humans who have either always been supporters of mutantkind or those who have come around to see their original prejudices were wrong? Not everyone of humanity has wronged mutants (in fact, they have quite a few friends) so why is it that humanity as a whole is treated like they are all trash while all mutants are treated as though their crap don’t stink? Where exactly is the line drawn?
    Uhh where did you read where those 'good humans' are treated as trash??? Damn Mutants get a lil bit of agency and getting accused of what? Not patting 'good humans' on the back for being decent people....where is the line drawn indeed
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Uhh where did you read where those 'good humans' are treated as trash??? Damn Mutants get a lil bit of agency and getting accused of what? Not patting 'good humans' on the back for being decent people....where is the line drawn indeed
    No kidding. It's weird that anyone feels like one of Hickman's top narrative priorities should be validating how good humans are while setting up a new Mutant status quo. Most of the world has been portrayed as supporting and partnering with Krakoa. The FF came across fine. And even the armed spies/ambassadors were shown as pragmatic more than evil. So the only negative human portrayals may have been the genocidal scientists and that can't be that bad since so many "fans" are supporting them.

It's like we're seeing that there are fans who like Mutants to be portrayed basically as Alpha Primitives for humans. Happily protecting their oppressors regardless of what is done to them by humans and never advancing or showing any kind of pride or equal status.

Also, the number of human allies the X-Men have number, what? A few dozen, if we count generously? And how many of those live closely enough with the X-Men that they, say, had a regular presence at the school, but potentially wouldn't be allowed on Krakoa? Maybe three, and again, that's if we're being generous. (And one of those is a kid whom we already have confirmation will be staying with his guardian.) That's not enough people to be worth the risk of allowing an open-door policy. And hopefully, any ally who's watched the parade of mutant extermination programs through the years would get why they're expected to check in on arrival instead of making it about how hurt their feelings are that they need a hall pass.

Extraordinary Member

I feel the way I do because humans and mutants are separate species. They are all people. And racism is racism. Where does it stop here? Where does it end?

What if you're born a human?

Or what if being just a mutant isn't enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    racism is racism.
    no. well yes, but not everything can be equally compared to.

lol i was actually in Boston when this was going on...Went down to check it out....It was my first day in the city and I ran outta lube
    RIP. When has Boston ever done any good for anybody

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Did you ever think that you'd live to see the day that people considered a group of heroes destroying genocdiebots villains?
    Maybe edgy /co/ posters but not LCS owners. It’s wild as hell. Only rooting for the underdogs as long as they stay underdogs.

Extraordinary Member

But the thing about racism is that you risk doing the bad stuff that happened to you to other people, most of whom never did anything to you in the first place.

We have the prospect of “We are your new gods”, as well as Cyclops talking down to the FF both in regards to Sabretooth and Franklin, the prospect of no humans allowed on Krakoa, no exceptions (compared to Utopia and even the school which had humans living among them) essentially placing all humans in a single box yet still showing murderers who have gladly killed mutants in the past favor simply because they’re mutants (which while people have argued that they’re policing their own, we’re at the last few issues and have no sign of anything of that), the complete indifference upon them seeing Karima, the list goes on. Frankly, nothing about this series has presented the mutants as treating humans in any real positive light. Even the drugs they’re offering are little more than a bartering chip rather than something given out of any real benevolence. I’m really hoping that we start seeing more to the relations than just them acting as if they’re better than everyone else once Dawn of X starts.

But the thing about racism is that you risk doing the bad stuff that happened to you to other people, most of whom never did anything to you in the first place.
    If you’re in no position to deny someone a job based on a protective hairstyle, then you can’t do the same bad stuff to them. If the worse you can do is call someone a name while the other person can call the police and say that what you said was a threat to their life, have the police show up, and potentially lose your life, then there’s always an unequal balance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Only rooting for the underdogs as long as they stay underdogs.
    This is like exactly what I mean when I say the reaction to this feels creepy.
    Because no I don't want the mutants to stay underdogs, but that doesn't mean I can't look at what they're doing, and not see all the red flags that they're waving.

We have the prospect of “We are your new gods”, as well as Cyclops talking down to the FF both in regards to Sabretooth and Franklin, the prospect of no humans allowed on Krakoa, no exceptions (compared to Utopia and even the school which had humans living among them) essentially placing all humans in a single box yet still showing murderers who have gladly killed mutants in the past favor simply because they’re mutants (which while people have argued that they’re policing their own, we’re at the last few issues and have no sign of anything of that), the complete indifference upon them seeing Karima, the list goes on. Frankly, nothing about this series has presented the mutants as treating humans in any real positive light. Even the drugs they’re offering are little more than a bartering chip rather than something given out of any real benevolence. I’m really hoping that we start seeing more to the relations than just them acting as if they’re better than everyone else once Dawn of X starts.
    They saw Karima helping build a genocidal machine that would have wiped out both mutankind and mankind. What were they supposed to do? Hug her first, then start shooting?

I don't get what's the big deal about mutants winning for once. They always lose or win small battles, it finally looks like they're getting something good and it's seen as them being the bad guys.

I feel the way I do because humans and mutants are separate species. They are all people. And racism is racism. Where does it stop here? Where does it end?

What if you're born a human?

Or what if being just a mutant isn't enough?
    Let me offer a perspective that I personally found to be critical here, and something that isn't being addressed a whole lot. I keep mentioning the medicine being offered because I actually teared up when I read about them. I thought there are our X-Men, heroes as always.

Imagine a world where diseases of the mind could be eradicated? And it says the pill is specifically for humans. Dementia, Alzheimer's, Schizophrenia. Gone.

A universal antibiotic, a super drug, for humans. 'Nuff said.

A pill that extends the life of "a human" for five years. My friend lost her father to cancer a couple of months before her wedding. They both would have done anything to have him there. And we all know someone who would have liked more time with a parent or grandparent. Or with an infant born with a terminal illness and has mere moments on this planet.

This is why I'm having such a hard time understanding how anyone can see "supremacy" in all of this. And these are just the first drugs, imagine what is yet to come. Imagine mutants training to use their powers beyond combat and practicing ways of improving the planet, helping EVOLVE civilization. Piotr can teach arts and crafts to the children and have them create things with their powers to better the planet.

These are the X-Men. They will not be sitting around bored on Krakoa. They are giving themselves, and thus forcing others to give them, the chance to be heroes on their terms.

We have the prospect of “We are your new gods”...
    You're not wrong that Magneto said this but what set him off? The Cuckoos exposing his guests for what they really were. Some of them straight up lied. One brought a weapon, though I can understand bringing one to meet Magneto. Trust is the issue - neither side trusts the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    Because no I don't want the mutants to stay underdogs, but that doesn't mean I can't look at what they're doing, and not see all the red flags that they're waving.
    This exactly. The red flags are right there in plain sight that the X-Men are risking becoming the very thing that they’ve fought all these years, racial supremacists. Just because the shoe is now on the other foot doesn’t now make it right. A wrong is a wrong no matter who commits it.

What red flags haven’t been addressed? I mean, there’s a lot working against the mutants as well as things they will have to answer for, but the scope of what they’re doing and why they’re doing it is too far reaching to stop right now.

BANNED

I think these set up interesting stories for the XMen to be rivals/at odds with the Avengers in the comics and the MCU.