Page 30 of 161 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If anything, this confirms not only that this is the main universe but Moira’s 11th life is going to be her losing her powers/turning into a human by the end of this, getting “another” human life to complete the circle. Hickman even said he puts things back in the box and he clearly wasn’t taking about the new status quo, but a character he had radically changed.

Esme Cuckoo
    Sophie Cuckoo
    Synch
    Mimic
    Xorn
    Zorn
    Vulcan
    Technically Daken even though he didn’t....show up like that. Maybe he resurrected, left, then dramatically came in with Poccy to be a dramatic little ****.
    When did Daken die? He was alive at the end of Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Nah, I think people want classic X-men done well and not this brand new concept
    I think people want novelty... and there is a lot of messages in this HoX5... a lot of transhumanism ideas and concepts...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    Calling them clones is the easiest way to describe them. But Hickman goes to great lengths to establish that these aren't "clones." They are, more or less, the original. Complete from cell to cell.

Actually, that is a good example. Cell from Dragonball Z wasn't a clone. He was always the original regenerated from a cell complete with memory of his death etc. Same applies to the X-Men.
    how are the pod people xmen any different than sinisters mauraders -- i could be wrong but dont sinisters clones retain their memories too?

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    I was thinking.. now that Disney owns X Men´s movie rights.. Wouldnt it be clever of them to make the next set of movies based on Krakoa HoX? it has all the right ingredients...

And honestly, the Infinity War saga in the MCU was more closely based on Hickman's Infinity run than the original Infinity War. Wouldn't shock me if they took pieces of this. Portals start showing up mysteriously and guess who pops out?

Extraordinary Member

If anything, this confirms not only that this is the main universe but Moira’s 11th life is going to be her losing her powers/turning into a human by the end of this, getting “another” human life to complete the circle. Hickman even said he puts things back in the box and he clearly wasn’t taking about the new status quo, but a character he had radically changed.

Esme Cuckoo
    Sophie Cuckoo
    Synch
    Mimic
    Xorn
    Zorn
    Vulcan
    Technically Daken even though he didn’t....show up like that. Maybe he resurrected, left, then dramatically came in with Poccy to be a dramatic little ****.
    I keep seeing people say Daken, but where has he shown up? I'm sure he would be resurrected, sure, but where would has he appeared here?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

When did Daken die? He was alive at the end of Blue
    One of the Hunt for Wolverine books.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

so they not gonna give these people clothes? I didnt like how they were paraded around there naked
    Mutant society, mutant culture, is body positive and sex positive.

If you are us, then be with us, Havok83.

Goldballs.

Love it.

Hmm, I could see Moira dying and we get to see her next life as, like, a coda. I have a hard time imagining it in a fashion where it would effect continuity. We'd get a glimpse of life 11, but life 10 continues on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I keep seeing people say Daken, but where has he shown up? I'm sure he would be resurrected, sure, but where would has he appeared here?
    Same page as Frenzy and Marrow, top panel. He's beside Forearm

Extraordinary Member

I think people want novelty... and there is a lot of messages in this HoX5... a lot of transhumanism ideas and concepts...
    I think Marvel wants a book that stands out, and they don't care if they lose some of the classic X-Men readers, they want new readers, and new readers want a story that is theirs. A publication needs to exist to attract as many readers as possible and have a mandate in order to do so and sometimes that means reinventing what the concept is. While I strongly feel that what Hickman is doing is not for me, I do think this has the potential to make the X-Men title be something that excites a new generation.

I just realized that this could mean we could be getting the Hellions back at some point if any writer remembers them. That would actually kind of be something if it does happen
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

BANNED

Exactly. There is no longer the dream of peace existence amongst mutants. Mutants are done fantasizing about assimilation. They clearly don't care about intergeneration. They certainly don't care about whether or not they're bargain is taken as a threat. This is the next logical step. The X-men have literally been screaming "mutant lives matter" for decades now. Protest is not the end goal. Steps have to taken. Progress is going to come one way or another. Human supremacy as it's been practiced un the MU is all but extinct. Thos is bound to scare those in power. **** just got really real and most don't grasp the implications of it all. Hickman locked and loaded. He came to put mutant haters to shame. I love it!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Mutant society, mutant culture, is body positive and sex positive.

If you are us, then be with us, Havok83.
    ya im pretty sure after cult leader storm stopped screaming they all drank the koolaid and got freaky.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hickman said something prior to the release of HoX/PoX about if the new status quo he was building was poorly received, he had a plan in place for correcting it. I think that is what that line about a possible 11th life was about, and I don't think we'll be seeing it.

BANNED

Fantastic stuff. Exposition/dialogue heavy, but it was done in an organic and fitting manner.

The resurrection machine is glorious. It's a way of making less popular characters useful and it works on a narrative sense. They can come back, but there are numerical limits and if one of the five is gone, it all goes down. And not recurring to stuff like alien tech and Phoenix is a plus, because it's valid in terms of politics. Mutants have to be self-sufficient in such things and it's minus one vulnerability to be exploited. Magneto's talk with Lorna goes well with this. Now that mutants are settled, they can use their powers to evolve their society.

The presentation ritual was amazing, even if kind of scary. But I guess if you went to some churches like the ones I did, it's not too far from protestantism in general. That whole thing is part of Krakoa's culture and it's important that Hickman builds up these aspects.

The UN scene is to illustrate that we're on the realpolitik stuff now. If they have to use telepathy to guarantee their standing, I say do it. If they want to protect their nation, they have to be ready to get their hands dirty a bit. Even if all that Emma did was make sure the ambassador abstained instead of changing her vote.

The scene with the villains is a bomb minutes from going off. Loved Apocalypse in this and can't wait to see more of him.

9,5/10