Page 127 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2405
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It seems we've gone beyond the point of either side convincing the other to change their position. Everyone has dug in so I'm agreeing to disagree because we all love these characters and I'm at least happy to see the passion about them. Hickman has succeeded in my mind.
    Super super agreed. Like I said roughly 80 pages ago, this is what Civil War *wishes* it could've been.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Super super agreed. Like I said roughly 80 pages ago, this is what Civil War *wishes* it could've been.
    Or IvX. The "peanut allergy" comparison still boggles the mind.

Amazing Member

Nate as in Cable. Screw Xman. Cable is going to be less than happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I'm not sure what's creepier how Xavier has been acting when this started or the lengths people here go to claim everything that Xavier and friends is doing are just fine without allowance of another kind of opinion.
    The truth is that you're wrong and the way the X-Men behaved for 50 years before a month ago was idiotic and they should have given up a long time ago. Or...people are overhyped and overreacting so now everything that came before Hickman was just the X-Men "not being proud to be mutants" or being Uncle Toms or whatever. It's just hyperbole.

At any rate, I do hope the whole nationalism thing in the books doesn't go over the top. It's almost as offputting as when U.S. nationalists get all MAGA-y and Team America World Policey.

Worshipping flags, cult leaders, gods etc is so gross. Tone it down. The X-Men are thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The truth is that you're wrong and the way the X-Men behaved for 50 years before a month ago was idiotic and they should have given up a long time ago. Or...people are overhyped and overreacting so now everything that came before Hickman was just the X-Men "not being proud to be mutants" or being Uncle Toms or whatever. It's just hyperbole.

At any rate, I do hope the whole nationalism thing in the books doesn't go over the top. It's almost as offputting as when U.S. nationalists get all MAGA-y and Team America World Policey.

Worshipping flags, cult leaders, gods etc is so gross. Tone it down. The X-Men are thinkers.
    A month ago the X-men were fighting for their lives against humans trying to make them extinct, In fact Cyclops had given up thinking that all X-men was dead and mutants where being wiped from existence and being those hunted down killed by hate groups and the government.

Before that the X-men being was killed by a killer mist that was sterilizing them and people where hunting them blaming them for M-Pox

Before that the large of mutants who survived decimation were on island Utopia and see as public enemy number 1, Also there was the period where they split one group was seen as public enemy 1 and the other group had school but also cover operative unit meant remove dangerous threats

The X-men has been "this", Hickman is only picking up the threads the writers have left behind. Cyclops aggressive and revolutionary stance for mutants, Jean Grey plans for a mutant homeland, The X-men have to close themselves off from the world (Utopia or Limbo) because the world is killing them. The way the X-men have behaved for "50 years"? Utopia, Extinction team, AvX, Phoenix 5, X-force kill squads,Terrigen Mist and Mpox, X-men Red, Rosenberg Uncanny mutants at the point of extinction and being hunted. I have no clue how come the X-men books is this way the X-men suddenly turn from optimistic superheroes to renegade survival team with no warning at all.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-22-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Agreed!

For the record... Are you going to tell me that declaration won't be recognized as a direct threat?
    This panel will never not annoy me just cause the dialogue is straight lifted from Hickman's Avenger's book.

Which is my big Hickman complaint for HoX/PoX. That for all the praise the run gets, it just feels so derivative of his other runs.
    Last edited by Woozie; 09-22-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Why would the X-Men need Blackbirds anymore? To kidnap newly emerged mutant children/teenagers from their baseline parents outside of Krakoa? Is Franklin Richards in danger of being abducted?
    For space travel and destroying world threats while the Avengers are playing checkers and eating tacos in their Wakanda pajamas.

BANNED

That's was quite weak... Please don't try again

And the punches keep getting thrown all over...i can't believe I am saying this but all these arguments actually make events like CW 1&2 or Schism seem civil by comparison. And we are just at the beginning of all this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    And the punches keep getting thrown all over...i can't believe I am saying this but all these arguments actually make events like CW 1&2 or Schism seem civil by comparison. And we are just at the beginning of all this!!!
    Were you here for the IvX debates? This is nothing...

Lots of posters are no longer here.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 09-22-2019 at 10:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    This panel will never not annoy me just cause the dialogue is straight lifted from Hickman's Avenger's book.

Which is my big Hickman complaint for HoX/PoX. That for all the praise the run gets, it just feels so derivative of his other runs.
    I mean the quote is perfectly in character to something Magneto would say? Hickman has written over 300+ issues including his independent work I think we can forgive him from lifting certain quotes/story elements from his previous works since that's pretty much what all writers do.

This definitely has a different tone to his FF run and his New Avengers so I don't get the derivative criticism.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Ehhh not really Let be honest CW and Schism was trash driven by Marvel editorial mandate. I'm not getting those vibes form Hickman's run. There's a lot of goodwill that Hickman is getting away with including the encyclopedia pages, multiple timelines, a more aggressive and united mutant front and retconning of certain characterizations.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Were you here for the IvX debates? This is nothing...

Lots of posters are no longer here.
    TBH I focused more on the event and only visited the threads or posts sporadically at minimum, (though god only knows why I forced myself to read it)

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Ehhh not really Let be honest CW and Schism was trash driven by Marvel editorial mandate. I'm not getting those vibes form Hickman's run. There's a lot of goodwill that Hickman is getting away with including the encyclopedia pages, multiple timelines, a more aggressive and united mutant front and retconning of certain characterizations.
    I was actually speaking about the posts being shown here, to be frank with you.

Nobody is naming calling or a being dick. It is fine so far imo. The only thing is some people are getting offended when people challenge their opinion and instead of backing up with facts from the stories which makes for discussion. They are going why can't I have opinion. Yes you can have an opinion but back it up with some facts. Here is an example

-The X-men are acting creepy and culty

Okay. But what actual bad thing is happening? Yeah nothing bad actual has happen yet many people are using signs of bad things to come as certiancy it will go wrong and the story might not go in that fully in that direction.I am fine with not agreeing with everyone on thing that is the nature of debate but saying for sure certainly they are going this path is premature.And that is where most of the arguments against Krakoa pretty much is right now. Nobody is saying you are wrong but these harsh arguments against Krakoa are premature. When you are proven right go I told so but for now most of the bad is just speculation.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-23-2019 at 12:02 AM.