Page 34 of 161 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    yeah, what about wakanda, the avengers, the fantastic four, shogo lee, mariko yashida, corsair

Wakanda went, "lol nope"
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Yeah. College separatist moments Do Not represent significant portion of the "black" population.

Sophisticate young people in rebellion during college isn't real life.
    Its supremely minuscule... however loud.

And its stupid.

The point is there's a precedent so yes this does in fact mirror some aspects of real life no matter how dismissive you want to be about how they feel.

It exists. Period. That's not even mentioning the Panther movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So this is the go-to for all tough questions?
    Only if you don't plan on overthinking it. Lol

That Selene can ascend to her rightful thrown as death goddess and keep all mutant souls in her realm. Like Hela, Hades etc

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    That Doesn't sound like real life to me. I'm black in the South… right now...
    When there is no significant separatist movement except from white supremacists
    It does not need to be a separatist movement in the real world. It can be any movement that reclaims the right to be yourself and proud of it, instead of lower your head and try to pass. It is the step after the civil rights, the reivindication of black people and black culture as an equal part of America. A black woman going to work with a giant afro instead of having to wear a wig or straighten her hair. That is how I see it, at least. But I am not american and I do not understand many things of the racial tensions there. (I hope I have not been too blunt). It is a bit like Wakanda. Wish fulfillment. What would have happened if there had been an African country free of colonial interference?. Krakoa is a bit, what if the persecuted and the downtroded got to realize their full potential?. Look at the gay rights movement. Twenty years ago it sought tolerance. Now it is quickly becoming part of mainstream culture, and demands acceptance. But I know this is highly subjetive.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omnihallows View Post
    yeah, what about wakanda, the avengers, the fantastic four, shogo lee, mariko yashida, corsair
    Read the books, Omnihallows, I don't know what to tell you.

Does this mean Peepers is returning??

Seriously though, I hope the senseless Necrosha deaths are undone:

Meld,
    Onyxx
    Diamond Lil

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Daken did have a Death Seed and he could have could have come back sort of the same way Logan did.

Of course, I can also see him being brought back, noping out of there, and then coming in with the villains just because he's Daken.
    you're right, I forgot about the death seed. So there are a few options of how he came back, maybe we're gonna see later what happened exactly

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Let Wanda come. Guy fawkes won't just be a British thing
    You say that, but the thing about Guy Fawkes is that they burned him and his uprising failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    You say that, but the thing about Guy Falkes is that they burned him and his uprising failed.
    Precisely what will happen to Wanda

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My only issue with the mutant allegory is the downplaying of human allies. All human are treated as enemies and I'm not a fan of that.
    Scott still seemed to be on good terms with the family.

I don't think they'll be ignored in the dawn books. House and powers aren't the places though.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Peaceful coexistence is more possible when both sides have power. Mutants have had none and we've seen the results. Near-genocide. Now, they have a basis for an equitable and symbiotic relationship built on diplomacy. Communities based on shared culture provide strength to go out and interact with the world. It's why in America, cultural attachment and cultural openness move together, as opposed to being opposite ends of a spectrum. The more attached people are to their culture, the more open they are to others.

The book says that there are a 100,000 Mutants in the world. I didn't see the population of Krakoa, but I assume there are still Mutants in the world. Now, the school teacher in Jackson Mississippi who's also a Mutant can feel pride in her Mutant identity.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Scott still seemed to be on good terms with the family.

I don't think they'll be ignored in the dawn books. House and powers aren't the places though.
    I'm talking more in general. The FF and Avengers stuff will likely be tackled after the HoX and PoX stuff.

Like I love what happened with Moira, but also sad at the same time that they've lost one of the few human allies.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm talking more in general. Like I love what happened with Moira, but also sad at the same time that they've lost one of the few human allies.
    Well, at least Stevie Hunter is a Senator, now.

Ok - Because comic books? ;-)

Spectacular Member

Molly Hayes will accept to live in Krakoa? I personally hope not