Page 28 of 161 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Am I the only person with the “I absolutely love this series but can’t recommend it” mentality? I mean the more I read, the more I find it harder to recommend it to any casual superhero fans. It’s a very heavy series that was supposed to be a jumping on point for “new readers” but I could easily see people just being completely overwhelmed by everything going on especially the recent developments in this issue with the X-men being reborn.
    I would think it would be easier on new readers since they aren't battling the head canon. Hickman pretty much spells everything out in his mutant world and how it exists and works. Great jumping on point for a new reader in my opinion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    I hear ya. I’m rationalizing these aren’t the c-word. They are basically all mutants with an extreme healing factor; being regenerated from their DNA, kind of like Wolverine, but through the use of “teamwork.”

Lol I guess that’s a better way to look at it, however these guys all have the symptoms of the c word......

Mighty Member

Yes, they're clones. Hickman uses the word "copy" several times. This isn't mind transfer; it's copy and paste. Or, if you like, back-up and replace. See also the section on one of the text pages surrounding the possibility and risks of duplication. That is most certainly a "Chekhov's gun" waiting to go off--there's going to be a story about duplication at some point.

Hickman's not an idiot. He knew full well the controversy and existential arguments--is a perfect copy of you, memories and all, still you?--this would inevitably provoke, so it's certain this was intentional and will be part of the larger story going forward.

Yes, both Xavier and Storm are acting like creepy, nativist cult leaders. That's quite deliberate, too, and will certainly be part of the story going forward. Hickman has mentioned a "fall" coming up, and I expect this cult-ish aspect will play a key role.

Hickman is reinventing the X-Men as a futurist sci-fi action franchise. Morrison stepped in this direction 18 years ago but retained the traditional superhero elements. For the time being, Hickman is moving away from that. We'll see with Dawn of X if the superhero aspect gets folded back in or not.

For now, I'm interested to see where Hickman takes things. (However, if things degenerate into Extinction era rehash, I'm gone.) YMMV.

Am I the only person with the “I absolutely love this series but can’t recommend it” mentality? I mean the more I read, the more I find it harder to recommend it to any casual superhero fans. It’s a very heavy series that was supposed to be a jumping on point for “new readers” but I could easily see people just being completely overwhelmed by everything going on especially the recent developments in this issue with the X-men being reborn.
    I think it is actually easier if you are new to it all. You just take in stride the Cylon-like resurrection ability.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would think it would be easier on new readers since they aren't battling the head canon. Hickman pretty much spells everything out in his mutant world and how it exists and works. Great jumping on point for a new reader in my opinion.
    Who would you say are this run’s POV character(s)? Broccoli girl? Cypher?

To me i'm the POV character. I have access to Xavier's files and i am watching this mutant culture unfold for the first time and feeling pretty good about it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I’ve lost track. I thought Psylocke had to reach in and induce that form, and he hated her for it. The wings in that panel look like feathers, not metal. You may be right. Maybe Hickman can reach a happy medium and return Angel to the O5’s resident impulsive / ego-driven / hothead without Apocalypse’s tinkering.

Definitely metal wings

So who's been put through the resurrection process for sure, so far?

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Husk
    Archangel
    Mystique
    Banshee
    Havok (confirmed in future stories)
    Wolfsbane (confirmed in future stories)
    Chamber (confirmed in future stories)
    Sunspot (confirmed in future stories)

Still unconfirmed:

Blindfold
    Madrox
    Loa
    Velocidad

BANNED

Store owners say they keep getting more new HoxPox readers each week.

Moira? In the explanation of her previous life you get a sense of what the x-men are about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Definitely metal wings
    Warren be like "Check me d... out".
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 09-18-2019 at 10:32 AM.

So how is Xavier doing the memory/soul transplanting process on mutants that died before he started wearing this Cerebro helmet? He shouldn't/wouldnt be able to have a copy of them to complete the process

I was getting some Force Warriors vibes from The Five. It's a fascinating combination of their powers.
    It's kind of a trip to realize that Goldballs has just been shooting mutant ovum at folks all this time.
    And I guess they weren't kidding when they said that Omega level mutants are Krakoa's greatest resource, they're using 3 of them for this rebirthing factory.

Also I love how T'challa is all "say no to drugs".

Husk still hasn't done anything. It's hilarious, but then I started to wonder if this was a hint as to why she was included.
    Attachment 87224

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So how is Xavier doing the memory/soul transplanting process on mutants that died before he started wearing this Cerebro helmet? He shouldn't/wouldnt be able to have a copy of them to complete the process
    Moira first told him everything in Year X0 right? So maybe Cerebro has always been making copies of mutant minds since it was built...
    Last edited by Beetle; 09-18-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    So who's been put through the resurrection process for sure, so far?

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Monet
    Husk
    Archangel
    Mystique
    Banshee
    Havok (confirmed in future stories)
    Wolfsbane (confirmed in future stories)
    Chamber (confirmed in future stories)