Page 35 of 161 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

please give him his hands back
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    Too much illogical things in this issue! This is what I think about it
    . Logan' adamantium, Scott's visor, Selene/Apoc/Exodus and others who join the X-Men, come on! It's BULLSHIT! Any criminals can join them if they are mutants if I understood? Rapists? Pedophiles? Cannibals, maybe? All their crimes are forgiven, seriously? How many times they created a nation? Utopia? Genosha? ZERO of these mutants sided with them at these occasions!
    I don't have nothing against Hickman wanting a development of mutants' culture but not this fucking cult/sect we saw!
    So, the big thing I don't understand is CABLE: why Xavier didn't resurrect him??? And ALL THE EXISTENCE/HISTORY of Cable is USELESS WITH NO PURPOSE now because of this! Yes, Hicky destroyed this character's history with Apoc being a good guy! Kid Cable battles against Apoc's ideology and I don't see HIM being OK with that, nor Rachel aka Mother Askani!
    The X-Men have always fighting against mutant's supremacy ideology and now ALL OF THEM are OK with that??? It's a big NO for me! If Xavier doesn't control them, it's not possible to think they would side like that with Xavier! Also, I don't recognize them: their personality, their act and statements. Sorry but this is a dark era for X-Men's characterizations so far. Hicky needs to change his way of writing them at this point.
    . Scott visor- they probably have a closet full of them by now.
    . Adamantium- Beast, Forge Magneto, Dr Nemesis, pick one, anyone could have made another.
    . Next point, X-Men dont have criminal on the team? Sabertooth, Wolverine, Gambit, Storm, Marrow, Dominio, Mystique, Juggernaut, and Rogue. So i think they do.
    But I think Xavier won't let them continue if they did.
    - Random, Exodus, Shaw, Lady Mastermind and a couple of other did join the X-Men when these events went down. You should good back and re read some.
    Your wrong, Cable is still Cable. He is just not from this time line because it was changed or mean it cable history might change. But cable will be in two books so we jsut have to wait and see.
    -ok i see the problem here, who think Xavier is turning away from his dream. And he is because he saw it die. He saw his failure and watch everyone die because of it. Moria showed it all, and he changed his vision with Magneto. This is not the old X-Men.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm talking more in general. The FF and Avengers stuff will likely be tackled after the HoX and PoX stuff.

Like I love what happened with Moira, but also sad at the same time that they've lost one of the few human allies.
    Like, Leirus mentioned the acknowledgement of Stevie is much loved by me and others, but I get where you're coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm talking more in general. The FF and Avengers stuff will likely be tackled after the HoX and PoX stuff.

Like I love what happened with Moira, but also sad at the same time that they've lost one of the few human allies.
    At least there’s still all the human heroes for that. The Avengers are going to freak the hell out when they see the Xavier’s Gaters clapping in white robes.

Thing is, Chuck's dream was just that: a dream

In reality, mutants, namely the X-Men, fought for and protected the ungrateful flatscans countless times; but when mutantkind's backs were against the wall, no one came to help. Not the Avengers, not the Fantastic Four, not the Inhumans, Thunderbolts, etc. NOBODY. Instead, the "heroes" continued to protect the status quo, the same status quo proving fatal to mutants just for the crime of existing. So miss me with the human "allies" nonsense, because said "allies" weren't there during mutantkind's darkest hour(s).

Xavier's dream was never attainable to begin with. If sacrificing a dream to create and sustain the reality of survival and independence, then the dream was meant to be an acceptable sacrifice for Krakoa. Honestly, I would be down to see other characters in the MU that are non mutants (Spider-Man, Hulk, etc.) get storylines where they are confronted with this truth. I would love for the likes of Peter Parker to stand up to the Avengers and tell Rogers/Stark/Danvers to shove it while making moves to help mutates and mutants alike.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Well, at least Stevie Hunter is a Senator, now.
    She’s a Representative, which isn’t quite as high up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    She’s a Representative, which isn’t quite as high up.
    Sorry, american politics are confusing to me. A Representative is one of the Lower House, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post

please give him his hands back
    No hands adds to his character. Too late.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    At least there’s still all the human heroes for that. The Avengers are going to freak the hell out when they see the Xavier’s Gaters clapping in white robes.
    Maybe they'll appreciate that Xavier has managed to bring so many Mutant villains under control. That has to make the world a safer place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    So miss me with the human "allies" nonsense, because said "allies" weren't there during mutantkind's darkest hour(s).
    I sense that you are really into this, but the fact is you are just not accepting the nonsense of the shared universe. Captain America never ignored mutant problems because he did not care for mutants, he ignored them because Captain America is not an X-Men book. When writers started having Cyclops scream that like a whiny child it was a failure as writers, it was breaking the trust of how the Marvel U works, and it shows here how writers still ignore all the hard work that the generations of writers did before them to get their cheap shock stories in before they move on.

BANNED

In reality, mutants, namely the X-Men, fought for and protected the ungrateful flatscans countless times; but when mutantkind's backs were against the wall, no one came to help. Not the Avengers, not the Fantastic Four, not the Inhumans, Thunderbolts, etc. NOBODY. Instead, the "heroes" continued to protect the status quo, the same status quo proving fatal to mutants just for the crime of existing. So miss me with the human "allies" nonsense, because said "allies" weren't there during mutantkind's darkest hour(s).

Xavier's dream was never attainable to begin with. If sacrificing a dream to create and sustain the reality of survival and independence, then the dream was meant to be an acceptable sacrifice for Krakoa. Honestly, I would be down to see other characters in the MU that are non mutants (Spider-Man, Hulk, etc.) get storylines where they are confronted with this truth. I would love for the likes of Peter Parker to stand up to the Avengers and tell Rogers/Stark/Danvers to shove it while making moves to help mutates and mutants alike.
    That is a very interesting way of putting it.......

I'm sure the Heroes of the MU cared at least. Rogers proved that much with the UA

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    . Scott visor- they probably have a closet full of them by now.
    . Adamantium- Beast, Forge Magneto, Dr Nemesis, pick one, anyone could have made another.
    Scott shouldn't even need a visor anymore, supposedly his lack of control was from his childhood brain injury.

Adamantium is going to be harder to explain. Why would they implant it in Logan's entire skeleton again, instead of just his claws? Would Logan even want that?

Proteus Lives in a Xavier husk. Hmmm
    Mimic is alive and a mutant. Retcon hmmm

Spectacular Member

3-8.jpg ha ha sorry,
    you reminded me of this one piece scene

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Magneto's talk with Lorna goes well with this. Now that mutants are settled, they can use their powers to evolve their society.
    This. Magneto: "What would happen when - like with man - the greatest necessary traits in mutantdom weren't strength and aggressiveness, but intelligence, ingenuity and creativity?"

This has me the most excited, what the mutants will do to further evolve and I really hope we get to see them using their powers together like the Five. So much potential here.

I wish I could live in Hickman's brain for a little while. How he looked at Goldballs and thought "resurrection eggs" is genius.