Page 99 of 161 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2405
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    The same people crying over not having access to the “Mutant only party” certainly never lifted a finger to help them before. So, sorry not sorry, you gotta toughen up and sit this one out. Shockingly, not everything is about you.
    That's the thing, this isn't a party, this is a country ran by several people who are clinical sociopaths due in large part because of the severe trauma they have suffered.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Revenge of the Losers? Like the Draka?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Cyclops really is a freak. Look how happy he is having all those people clawing for him. I never noticed it before. He is like "Yes pull on my junk."
    Kink shaming Slott will draw the ire of the white queen who will violate you in ways you never imagined....lol

That's an understatement. I've read certain fanfics and seen certain images from a certain place.

"I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I asked because maybe I still naively hope that the ones posting on this forum about hating humanity are just posturing and venting frustrations and not genuinely harboring the wish that we Homo Sapiens really should just 100% DIE RIGHT NOW, and are only waiting to be mollified when the X-Men exterminate Marvel-Sapiens on the pages of their comics. That they don't really mean it.

So there are really, really people who want mankind dead, real-wise and fiction-wise. As I'm not American I am surprised by this. Shows how much a 37-year-old hotel clerk in Asia like me is just a Sweet Summer Child about it.
    I agree with everything Ororo101 wrote and I won’t try to speak for her, but I personally don’t literally want all humans to die IRL (though the planet’s long term survival would be better for it if we vacated sooner than later, I also still want to be around to enjoy it and most of the good stuff is made by people too.) X-Men comics are a good way of wrestling with the idea of “what if there was a better way?” In real life that means humanity getting better and learning to work for the good of the collective and our ecosystem and not just those at the top, but in X-Men comics there’s a metaphor for the marginalized, persecuted, exploited class and now that metaphor is starting to be wrapped up in a bolder embodiment of that better way forward too (though fragile enough that it could still be poisoned from the top like humanity has been)... and that pushes humanity more towards the flip side of that metaphor, where they represent IRL humanity’s more toxic side, the status quo. So I’m definitely down with the casual misanthropy we’re seeing from characters like Lorna, especially but not limited to the context of the metaphor. We could use the criticism!

Quote Originally Posted by Londo Bellian View Post
    I asked because maybe I still naively hope that the ones posting on this forum about hating humanity are just posturing and venting frustrations and not genuinely harboring the wish that we Homo Sapiens really should just 100% DIE RIGHT NOW, and are only waiting to be mollified when the X-Men exterminate Marvel-Sapiens on the pages of their comics. That they don't really mean it.

So there are really, really people who want mankind dead, real-wise and fiction-wise. As I'm not American I am surprised by this. Shows how much a 37-year-old hotel clerk in Asia like me is just a Sweet Summer Child about it.
    Thought it was obvious that we were all self hating flat-scans.

BANNED

What does the close up on Charles, as Erik says humans should have killed them when they had a chance, mean?

BANNED

I never quite realized how disturbing this fandom acted until this series happened.
    Far as I'm concerned the X-Men are only a few steps away from going full-on villain now, but according to some people this is apparently good for them and what they deserve?
    It's a bit creepy honestly.

was so distracted by papa gorgon that i overlooked the return of my homie MENTALLO, WHOOP WHOOP
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Preach.

This forum needs Like buttons. Every other internet forum I frequent has them already, even those that didn't have it when I first registered. Step up, CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What does the close up on Charles, as Erik says humans should have killed them when they had a chance, mean?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    was so distracted by papa gorgon that i overlooked the return of my homie MENTALLO, WHOOP WHOOP
    Mentallo was really enjoying the moment there. And/or he was thrilled that Charles is donning his same style with the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    That’s definitely not the only or even most important qualifier when it comes to determining whether or not a country is “isolationist.” Also, why are people saying Krakoa doesn’t allow humans? The only person that said that was Magneto who was scaring the ambassadors. Jean already told Fauna that humans can come on the island with a mutant present.
    No, she said her the gates work only if a mutant is accompanying the sapiens. They can't be used by them otherwise. She wasn't talking about the main island at the time, Magneto was. Magneto who is the representative of Krakoa to the UN, their ambassador. What he stated wasn't a jibe to scare anyone, it was the official stance regarding foreigners on the main island. They aren't allowed there.
    True, that's not the sole qualifier or even the most important one regarding isolationism. But having trade agreements doesn't change the nature of such a policy which is what I discussed. The two aren't mutually exclusive, especially nowadays. NK has major trade deals with China, are you gonna say they aren't isolationists because of that? Blanket ban of all foreigners on one' soil is isolationist by nature and definitely not a symbol of openness.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    No, she said her the gates work only if a mutant is accompanying the sapiens. They can't be used by them otherwise. She wasn't talking about the main island at the time, Magneto was. Magneto who is the representative of Krakoa to the UN, their ambassador. What he stated wasn't a jibe to scare anyone, it was the official stance regarding foreigners on the main island. They aren't allowed there.
    True, that's not the sole qualifier or even the most important one regarding isolationism. But having trade agreements doesn't change the nature of such a policy which is what I discussed. The two aren't mutually exclusive, especially nowadays. NK has major trade deals with China, are you gonna say they aren't isolationists because of that? Blanket ban of all foreigners on one' soil is isolationist by nature and definitely not a symbol of openness.
    Why would they let an unaccompanied human on the Island? There's so many human organizations that would try to infiltrate or invade the island. That looked like a safety measure to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Because even though trump is saying america first and make america great again even though the people he is trying to make it great for always had it great. There has never been anyone in the marvel universe in a position of power that has said lets make mutants great again so they have to do it themselves. They are still coexisting. There are many black americans that say black business first, or shop black owned first, does that mean they aren't coexisting? They still shop at walmart and other big businesses but they are conscious of the socio economic disaparities that exist against them. Xavier isn't saying lets wipe all humans out he is saying we want our piece of this earth we were born onto and so we are are going to make it. They didn't steal land, they aren't hunting humans. They are coexisting in the same way the real world coexists. You don't try to f$($ with me i won't try to f#$($ with you. It just is what it is.

co·ex·ist

verb

exist at the same time or in the same place.

So what part of what they are doing is not coexistence. They are all living in the same time except humans are the ones in universe that don't want to coexist. They want mutants under their boot and it all for themselves. That is what marvel has established as canon time and time again and thats what writer after writer has established.
    I disagree. The mutants are not shopping alongside sapiens on their island. They are not living alongside sapiens there, full stop. To coexist, one has to share the same time and space with the Other. That's the definition we can both agree on, right?
    As such, I can't say I'm coexisting with someone living in Australia, or Japan, when I'm residing right now in my home country, France. Beyond "we share the same planet, in 2019" which is a reality on a macro scale. Which is absurd to me, because as an individual, I don't live and breathe on a macro scale, I do so on a small, localized scale - just like every other individual on Earth. Which is what we were discussing concerning that book: right now, on Krakoa main island, the mutants are not coexisting with anyone but their kind.
    On a macro scale? Sure, they "coexist" with sapiens in the sense that they share the same world. Is that enough to say someone is coexisting with the Other? I don't think it is. And, at least, I know for a fact that it wasn't what Xavier had in mind when he still sponsored his dream of coexistence. He never meant for mutants to be reclusive, living between themselves while refusing foreign presence among them.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."