Page 101 of 161 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2405
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not allowing, encouraging anyone to steal my HoX/PoX joy. So...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    That sounds more like what you're doing than I am.
    Because I'm not projecting, I'm looking at what's presented to me, and it's effing weird.
    Also, there's nothing wrong with using your own experiences to understand a work. Trying to have some totally objective and stoic stance on everything is weird.

When someone says that you should, it just means they're mad that you don't agree with them and they can't come up with a better argument.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Selene can be fed with Xavier's bodies just like Proteus. Emplate can feed thanks to Marrow.

Yes, they are probably still horrible people but now they have their last chance to prove that it is because their powers have driven them to it.

Nurture vs nature and all that. If they prove unable to live in Krakoa, I am sure they will have something designed to deal with them.
    Selene literally attempted to become god due to narcissism. Nurture vs Nature my ass, she ain't Galactus. Bitch is evil

The Enchantress bows to Selene she is already of a high level Goddess status.

She's an asset and just like Proteus she can bartered with especially if they feed her husks with life energy

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Let's put it this way. Right now, someone like say, Kavita Rao, cannot BE on the main Krakoa Island. She might be allowed on one of the habitats around the globe, yes, pending mutant supervision in order to use the gate network... But she can't set foot on Krakoa. And security is not a factor when it comes to her, or other sapiens like her.
    Anyway, I digress. As I said, they can justify such a measure by security concerns, absolutely. Doesn't change the isolationist nature of said measure.

Also, no one said anything about letting the doors open to anyone, that wasn't the subject at all. It always was about what this ban of sapiens meant in term of coexistence. I think that's the kind of thing that tremples it.
    That is not isolationist, Kravita Roa can't walk on the island without a purpose to be there and someone allowing her on. And ignoring the why it is to try setting them as being an isolationist country is kinda funny. Humans just finished trying to sterilize mutants out of existence. As with any country you do a messed up thing and people access get restricted,at different points of conflicts in the middle east the US had bans on people entering the US from those countries.

Xavier is reaching to do trade with multiple countries that is not a mark of an isolationist country, The comparison of North Korea doing trade China is not an accurate comparison. That is mutants putting themselves out to be a part of the world. Krakoa isn't meant to be mutants permanent place to live. Krakoa is a safe haven created because humanity has been dicks to mutants. You can clearly see the point of Krakoa is to expand they plan to bring back every mutant and there is no way the island can hold all of them and future generations. The habitats are clearly where first of communities of mutants expanding out. Peaceful coexistence is clearly the plan. It just that mutants have smartly decided to stop letting humans kill them and have a safe place to live.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    The Enchantress bows to Selene she is already of a high level Goddess status.

She's an asset and just like Proteus she can bartered with especially if they feed her husks with life energy
    This is not a rewbuttal to her being evil. That's "yeah she's evil, but look at those powers. What? Corpses? Don't worry bout that, look the powers."

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    This is not a rewbuttal to her being evil. That's "yeah she's evil, but look at those powers. What? Corpses? Don't worry bout that, look the powers."
    That's the point. Why do you think Proteus is there?

Selene can be bartered with. And every mutant has been pardoned. Just like US exceptionalism and Avenger exceptionalism where war criminals get to waltz around freely

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Also, there's nothing wrong with using your own experiences to understand a work. Trying to have some totally objective and stoic stance on everything is weird.

When someone says that you should, it just means they're mad that you don't agree with them and they can't come up with a better argument.
    Not at all. Why would I be mad because someone has a differing opinion. That's just purile.
    What I might...might... take slight offense to is someone who doesn't know me casting negative judgement on my interests because THEY don't understand why I and others have a certain belief.
    We've ALL disagreed to varying degrees on everything HoX/PoX since it started...but the more objective among us realise that there's nothing wrong with a differing opinion nor do we look down on others as "disturbing" or "creepy" because they hold such opinions.
    And you are completely wrong...my LOVE for this story is entirely subjective as to the work itself and how it makes me feel and think. But quite objective when viewing it in much larger context.
    You can have/do both...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-21-2019 at 06:58 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not at all. Why would I be mad because someone has a differing opinion. That's just purile.
    What I might...might... take slight offense to is someone who doesn't know me casting negative judgement on my interests because THEY don't understand why I and others have a certain belief.
    We've ALL disagreed to varying degrees on everything HoX/PoX since it started...but the more objective among us realise that there's nothing wrong with a differing opinion nor do we look down on others as "disturbing" or "creepy" because they hold such opinions.
    Considering what we're talking about-souls and isolation and racism and such-yeah, no, I do think it's OK to be think these things, to be disturbed by how some of you are treating this.

But it's also OK for you to think I'm a loon and a delusional fool for not seeing the merits.

Xavier is offering them a second chance. They can take it or reject it. It seems they have decided to take it. Of course there are some villains more reasonable than others and the most unstable will be a problem but until they are, I don't know what is better than having them guarded and close.

The other alternative would be to have X-Force actively killing all the "Selenes"

From the point of view of the mutants it is no different than when the entire scum of The Hood decided to help during Secret Invasion because, uh, better humans than Skrulls.

And having them on Krakoa is probably safer for humans then having them roaming around the planet unmonitored.

Krakoa is cultish, a possible police state etc. But the story is interesting and I see the merits. I also don't see it lasting in this form.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Considering what we're talking about-souls and isolation and racism and such-yeah, no, I do think it's OK to be think these things, to be disturbed by how some of you are treating this.

But it's also OK for you to think I'm a loon and a delusional fool for not seeing the merits.
    Read my post.
    I'm not casting judgement...subjective nor objective...on you or anyone. Doing so does not add to anything positive in terms of how why I enjoy this story or how or why others don't. Ergo...to do so, is a pointless waste of time and energy.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    And having them on Krakoa is probably safer for humans then having them roaming around the planet unmonitored.

Krakoa is cultish, a possible police state etc. But the story is interesting and I see the merits. I also don't see it lasting in this form.
    Yeah, it's much safer for humans to have Selene in Krakoa than being around the world bothering Captain America.

BANNED

Letting the villains in covers a gap, because it doesn't allow the humans to have leverage, as I said first.

Because humans don't know better than to support mutant genocide, or at least be neutral about it, as the last Uncanny run shows, they would stop at nothing to strike Krakoa down at some point.

Therefore, leaving mutants, bad or good, at the human's Mercy is absolutely stupid. You leave Sabretooth on a prison run by humans and the next day some ORCHIS person shows up with a mind-probing machine to get whatever intel they can gather on Krakoa.

Of course, we're assuming "respectful" methods such as mind proving when we know humans are far more inclined to torturing mutants lol

Anyway, this is a vulnerability that can't be allowed. If you go by the security point of view, protecting these criminals is reasonable to keep Krakoa safe. From the ethical point of view, the X-Men are heroes and leaving even criminals at the mercy of inhumane treatment would be wrong. Unless you agree with the right-winger reactionary idea that the only good criminal is a dead criminal.

Anyway, having all the criminals in a single place is helpful enough since you know where they all are. But attention to security and making sure they don't screw things up is absolutely imperative.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Read my post.
    I'm not casting judgement...subjective nor objective...on you or anyone. Doing so does not add to anything positive in terms of how why I enjoy this story or how or why others don't. Ergo...to do so, is a pointless waste of time and energy.
    But it's disturbing seeing people try and defend murders and rapists, even in a fictional format. It makes you womder how they would react in real life.

And I'm not sure you can compare Secret Invasion to this. The villains there did help defend the Earth, but the aftermath where many were given full amnesty wasn't shown to be a good thing.