Page 105 of 161 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Well Mutants are Mutants. What we are actually talking is the results of endless stories of mutants being smacked down by human pass the level where they should be heroic and idealistic. This is a cause and result story. Talking about "ideals" in the face real thing bad stuff happens is weird. The X-men were figuratively at the end of the firing line, And one guy say hey let's live peace he gets shot in the head, The next guy say let's live in peace he gets shot in the head, The next guy says let's live in peace and he gets shot in the head. You are asking for the X-men to do the same thing in the face of knowing the results because of "Heroism and Idealism". It is a dangerous example to bring up because so many people died from it but a lot more lives were saved by dropping an atomic bomb. Sometimes it is time for something different and the middle result(Atomic bomb) is quite horrible but the end goal of peace happened because of it.

I haven't seen the X-men give up on their ideal of peaceful coexistence yet but they are certainly fighting differently now which is sometimes required.As with the example before I can't 100% percent praise the Atom Bomb as the right decision so many people died, as a result, it but I can't say it was the wrong decision either because of the end result. This a story where you aren't going to agree with all the choices and ask sometimes if the ends justify to the means. And that is better than X-men endless getting smacked in a manner in which they should have destroyed every human on the planet and bring peace to the earth. Stop asking for the X-men to stand at the end of firing line waiting to die.
    I agree, I think they are using their status as a nation to negotiate with the nations of the world from a place of strength. Most of their strength is based on the economics of the flower products they produce, but a lot of countries have done similar things to negotiate for greater status when they have a high demand product that the world wants.

Still it gives the mutants the chance to negotiate for mutant rights from a stronger position and now they have recognition by the United Nations which means that the Geneva Conventions now apply to the mutant nation of Krakoa.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    What if baseline humans say fine... The seven continents are for baseline humans only.
    They get about a week or so of feeling they showed those pesky mutants whose in charge. Than they’ll start singing “baby come back” once the latest inter-dimensional conqueror, Alien invasion, robot uprising or some meta powered madness makes them realize they need them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    She might have been a criminal in the US and was released from incarceration to join Krakoa under the amnesty agreement. I imagine Callisto won't be opposed to being in Krakoa, although she might decide to start a private fight club, I remember she was running a fight club at the end of X-Treme X-Men ages ago.
    Last time we saw the Morlocks, they had established their own country (And if you want to ignore rosenberg's run before that they were living in a functioning society of humans and mutants.) So don't give me that.

Xavier doesn't care about Morlock people.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    They get about a week or so of feeling they showed those pesky mutants whose in charge. Than they’ll start singing “baby come back” once the latest inter-dimensional conqueror, Alien invasion, robot uprising or some meta powered madness makes them realize they need them.
    Krakoa joined the United Nations when they were recognized as a country, so they are probably somewhat obligated to help save the world as any country is.

BANNED

What if baseline humans say fine... The seven continents are for baseline humans only.
    You mean pretty much the message they've been sending by letting mutants get killed by Purifiers, Sapien League and sentinels?

Gee, I guess that would really be something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Because they’re mad they can’t visit one island? Well those two aren’t comparably fair.
    Mad?!? It's call tit for tat... Reminds me of the days here in America where merchants use to post signs in their storefront windows saying whites only and no blacks allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    You mean pretty much the message they've been sending by letting mutants get killed by Purifiers, Sapien League and sentinels?

Gee, I guess that would really be something.
    Be specific... Who allowed what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Last time we saw the Morlocks, they had established their own country (And if you want to ignore rosenberg's run before that they were living in a functioning society of humans and mutants.) So don't give me that.

Xavier doesn't care about Morlock people.
    Well they are welcome on Krakoa so he probably does welcome them as fellow mutants.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That's exactly what they have been doing, which is why Krakoa exists.

Krakoa is literally brand new. When you move into a new place, you don't throw a party for your neighbors the first night. Especially neighbors who've repeatedly tried to murder you and your family. You unpack the boxes, move the furniture around, get settled then invite folks over for a housewarming.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Krakoa joined the United Nations when they were recognized as a country, so they are probably somewhat obligated to help save the world as any country is.
    Not once baseline humans magically come together and decide all non baseline humans are prohibited from going anywhere in the 7 continents. Don’t have to do a damn thing than.

They will, of course, do it anyway but they wouldn’t be obligated to step in and save them in that particular situation.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    That's exactly what they have been doing, which is why Krakoa exists.

Krakoa is literally brand new. When you move into a new place, you don't throw a party for your neighbors the first night. Especially neighbors who've repeatedly tried to murder you and your family. You unpack the boxes, move the furniture around, get settled then invite folks over for a housewarming.
    Also, Xavier and Erik both admit there are only about 100000 mutants remaining powered currently, and around 900000+ still remaining depowered from the decimation. Approximately 1 million mutants and only 100000 of them have powers.

Right now they are more concerned about protecting their people who have been terribly oppressed for years. Trying to get as many people to Krakoa as they can. They are signing trade and amnesty agreements that allows the human governments deport mutants to Krakoa. They are building the infrastructure and defences of their new country. They are probably more focused on getting everyone housed and fed safely.

Mad?!? It's call tit for tat... Reminds me of the days here in America where merchants use to post signs in their storefront windows saying whites only and no blacks allowed.
    Wait. Should I wait a second before you get the analogy you just made? Who are supposed to be the stand-in for mutants?? Are they representing the whites who made it clear that this country wasn’t for Black people unless they were property? Or are they representing the Black people who weren’t allowed in any institutions that were built on systemic racism therefore making their own things ala BET, HBCUs, Kwanzaa

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Wait. Should I wait a second before you get the analogy you just made? Who are supposed to be the stand-in for mutants?? Are they representing the whites who made it clear that this country wasn’t for Black people unless they were property? Or are they representing the Black people who weren’t allowed in any institutions that were built on systemic racism therefore making their own things ala BET, HBCUs, Kwanzaa
    Tsk. Tsk. Shame that something that simple isn't understood.

Like people complaining about BET. How come there's no white tv? All tv was white. Lol No different than clueless folks doing Straight Pride Parades.

Funny the second minorities start doing their own exclusive things, the majority feels threatened & mistreated.

The mutants haven't been welcomed in society, so they make their own, now humans can find issues with that.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-21-2019 at 11:37 AM.

This post is coming into the bathroom later with me and a big bottle of lotion.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    That's the thing. It wasn't always just about making sure mutants have a place. That was primary, but the X-Men were thinking about bringing out the best in humanity as a whole too. That's a slight but important difference.
    And there it is. The deepest line in the thread and what victims all buy into no matter the situation. Somehow it's the job of the abused to bring out the good in the abuser, the abused needs to understand. Somehow it's the job of the oppressed to bring out the humanity in humans. Somehow it's the murdered that are suppose to pull out the humanity of the killers, the best in them. And time and time again we buy into. The people extend the olive branch only to get shut down, you make peace with one for two to stab you in the back. Well there has to be a point where a person says "We'll i'm going to sit over here and do me and get my life together, i am praying for the best for you, but it's time for you to bring out your own humanity but i'll be here cheering you on from a safe distance."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And there it is. The deepest line in the thread and what victims all buy into no matter the situation. Somehow it's the job of the abused to bring out the good in the abuser, the abused needs to understand. Somehow it's the job of the oppressed to bring out the humanity in humans. Somehow it's the murdered that are suppose to pull out the humanity of the killers, the best in them. And time and time again we buy into. The people extend the olive branch only to get shut down, you make peace with one for two to stab you in the back. Well there has to be a point where a person says "We'll i'm going to sit over here and do me and get my life together, i am praying for the best for you, but it's time for you to bring out your own humanity but i'll be here cheering you on from a safe distance."
    I love your post! << HUG >>