Page 109 of 161 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113119159 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    the complete indifference upon them seeing Karima,
    My apologies but I couldn't help but chuckle at this one. Perhaps the X-Men had good instincts about her. Most of the X-Men were dead, Mother Mold fell into the sun, and most of the station was intact. The battle is over, let Scott and Jean leave. But Karima pressured the emotionally desperate agent to enact revenge and Scott gets a bullet point blank in the head. F*** Karima. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I think these set up interesting stories for the XMen to be rivals/at odds with the Avengers in the comics and the MCU.
    How is that good?
    These guys are supposed to be heroes I want them working together, not against each other.

Amazing Member

Havent we be doing this for years? I remember Morrison when he took over saying comics had devolved to roving gangs of super powered folks all fighting each other. He tried to establish the Xmen as an ultimately pacifists enterprise but as soon as he left it went right back to superhero gangs. So now it will be cult nation-state fighting against all the other gangs.

I think these set up interesting stories for the XMen to be rivals/at odds with the Avengers in the comics and the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    How is that good?
    These guys are supposed to be heroes I want them working together, not against each other.
    I agree with this. Kinda tired of heroes versus heroes stories.

Well, the X-Men are united for the first time in a very long time.

When was the last time we could see Scott, Logan and Jean act as civilized people in the same room?

BANNED

https://screenrant.com/xmen-theory-x...-clone-secret/

On the theory this Xavier is really Moira in an Xavier clone body, it makes a lot of since. Moira’s a doctor/geneticist. I see her creating new drugs much more than Xavier. Hickman had a past version of her create a drug to surprise the X gene. If she can do that creating all these new drugs should be easy.

BANNED

How is that good?

The core concepts of the XMen and the Avengers are too different. The Avengers are supercops. The XMen fight for the survival of their species.

They’ve never been and never will be friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My apologies but I couldn't help but chuckle at this one. Perhaps the X-Men had good instincts about her. Most of the X-Men were dead, Mother Mold fell into the sun, and most of the station was intact. The battle is over, let Scott and Jean leave. But Karima pressured the emotionally desperate agent to enact revenge and Scott gets a bullet point blank in the head. F*** Karima. :-)
    Personality I find Karima’s presence there to be a pretty massive red flag. Karima ever since she was able to break free of her sentinel programming has been a great friend to the X-Men. She isn’t some mutant hater or anything of the like. And just with her statement to Nightcrawler in their meeting shows that whatever is going on with them and Krakoa, it’s enough where even their friends are feeling that they’re going down a dark path where they pose to become more of a threat than good. That or the sentinel programming is influencing her actions again.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It is an isolationist stance most certainly. But that is, as of this early stage in the establishment of this Society, an absolute necessity.
    The same way Wakanda was, Latveria is...it's to protect their own. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, now. The problem will arise when certain malcontent factions get antsy and uppity and decide to take it a few steps further and start overtly attacking other nations...just because they think they can and should.
    As I said, the mutants have their reasons to do so, including security. Magneto evokes also symbolism to justify this.
    In both cases, it's a choice that other countries have done before. It was never my point here. My point was that this kind of stance detract from the notion of coexistence, tremples on the possibility of it. And I made that point because some people around here said such measure doesn't. I disagreed with that notion.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Who said Kavita Rao can't be on the main island? The UN security council visited thus humans can be there if granted special privileges. So kavita can be there if she wanted to.

Emma on the other hand could be there but in character she doesn't want to be there because she finds it boring

Also 100 pages. This is definitely the best issue of the bunch
    The UN representatives never were on the main island. Never.
    Read back issue one of HoX if you are confused. The closest they went was that subterranean Hub were various gates led to various habitats. An Hub that wasn't on the main island either.
    Krakoa is off limits to sapiens right now.
    Emma is a mutant, of course she could be there. What mutants couldn't when the likes of Apocalypse and Selene are welcomed with open arms? Come on now.
    But yes, Hickman's work is brilliant as usual.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Personality I find Karima’s presence there to be a pretty massive red flag. Karima ever since she was able to break free of her sentinel programming has been a great friend to the X-Men. She isn’t some mutant hater or anything of the like. And just with her statement to Nightcrawler in their meeting shows that whatever is going on with them and Krakoa, it’s enough where even their friends are feeling that they’re going down a dark path where they pose to become more of a threat than good. That or the sentinel programming is influencing her actions again.
    At first I thought she was being manipulated but then the way she so coldly pushed for Scott's murder made me think, like you said, the Sentinel programming took over again. And Hickman gave us that breakdown of Omega Sentinels and their process so it fits.

BANNED

The core concepts of the XMen and the Avengers are too different. The Avengers are supercops. The XMen fight for the survival of their species.

They’ve never been and never will be friends.
    No they aren't.
    The concept of the Avengers are to be the Earth's mightiest heroes, the best heroes teaming to ensure the safely of earth, The concept of the X-Men were to be Earth's strangest heroes, heroes of a world that feared them, there's nothing about these concepts that mean they can't be friends, that they can't work together for the greater good.
    There's nothing more than editorial mandates that keeps the Avengers from helping out the X-Men with their problems and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post

The UN representatives never were on the main island. Never.
    Read back issue one of HoX if you are confused. The closest they went was that subterranean Hub were various gates led to various habitats. An Hub that wasn't on the main island either.
    Krakoa is off limits to sapiens right now.
    Emma is a mutant, of course she could be there. What mutants couldn't when the likes of Apocalypse and Selene are welcomed with open arms? Come on now.
    But yes, Hickman's work is brilliant as usual.
    Why the eFF would they want Kavita Roa walking Krakoa all willy nilly?? She'll try to cure the whole population
    GrindrStone(D)

https://screenrant.com/xmen-theory-x...-clone-secret/

On the theory this Xavier is really Moira in an Xavier clone body, it makes a lot of since. Moira’s a doctor/geneticist. I see her creating new drugs much more than Xavier. Hickman had a past version of her create a drug to surprise the X gene. If she can do that creating all these new drugs should be easy.
    Xavier did seem to be bald when touring the island with Doug (though it wasn't clear). And we know X had hair, but very short hair.

Could be possible and it'd be quite a twist.

EDIT: It is interesting that the Astonishing run where X got his new body was also where Proteus returned. Maybe Moira X was involved. It would explain Xavier's sudden ability to communicate with his sultry hips.
    Last edited by JB; 09-21-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

No they aren't.
    The concept of the Avengers are to be the Earth's mightiest heroes, the best heroes teaming to ensure the safely of earth, The concept of the X-Men were to be Earth's strangest heroes, heroes of a world that feared them, there's nothing about these concepts that mean they can't be friends, that they can't work together for the greater good.
    There's nothing more than editorial mandates that keeps the Avengers from helping out the X-Men with their problems and vice versa.
    Well, at least it would be consistent if the Avengers ignored Sentinels being built on Tony's planet-destroying weapon but got all worked up that Mutants have a safe haven. Hopefully they don't destroy Krakoa like they destroyed Utopia.

BANNED

No they aren't.
    The XMen are the ultimate survivors. The Avengers are the popular government sponsored heroes,

That conceptually puts them far apart.

They cannot be friends.