Page 122 of 161 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2405

[QUOTE=Jbenito;4583643]I could see this happening for sure. The reaction from half the fandom feeling things are too extreme may be exactly what Hickman wanted. He knew how we would react after reading that Creed trial scene. Like wtf, he kills people and is set free?? He knows what he's doing.

Maybe a final reset will be the middle ground our combined arguments are aiming for.[/QUOTE]

I see that having the greatest potential but given the thoughts that have been exposed on this thread, will it feel to those who wanted mutants to rise over humans like we got back where we started?

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I see that having the greatest potential but given the thoughts that have been exposed on this thread, will it feel to those who wanted mutants to rise over humans like we got back where we started?
    I can’t see having these 12 issues reset the status quo and redefine the franchise only to undo it all at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I don't necessarily think so. The mutant nation can still exist and mutants can become better recognized and their lives respected while not feeling so "cult-y" and "supremacist-like" to other readers.

What we all need to happen is obvious. Storm emerging from big tree with the Cuckoos in tow wearing matching black uniforms with epaulettes.

Storm: "Mutants of the world unite, strength in numbers we can get it right, one time! Sing it up!"
    All: "We are a part of the mutant nation!"
    Muuuuutant!

Dazzler will open the show of course.
    Last edited by JB; 09-22-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Naw Hickman writes the characters the way Hickman likes the characters. Him liking Bendis's contribution to the X-Men doesn't imply he's going to write certain characters how Bendis would write them he's got no problem tossing out previous characterization (to a certain extent) if it serves his story. He could very well write Sabertooth as a suave criminal mastermind/King of Madripoor A-list villain but there's like a dozen other characters that can fit that role lol
    There's a dozen other Wolverine. Redundancy never stopped anyone before. lol There's dozen of other jobber baddies of the week. The X-Men have more lame villains than they do good ones. And they already took Apocalypse out of the Rouge's gallery. He was one of the few good ones left. Things are really dwindling.

If a character has to be redundant, it could at least be something good. lol Otherwise, he may as well have stayed deaded by Magik & Rahne of all characters
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-22-2019 at 11:12 AM.

BANNED

When did Sabertooth die?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    When did Sabertooth die?
    He died back when Logan decapitated him with the Muramasa.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    He died back when Logan decapitated him with the Muramasa.
    That was a clone made by Romulus.

Amazing Member

When did Sabertooth die?
    Magik recently decapitated Sabretooth and kicked his head into a portal to Limbo.

Curious some readers are horny to see Mutants punish 'bad' Mutants which to me is kinda conflicting with their melting about Krakoa ruining Xavier's dream of coexistence. I'm just tryna see Mutants attempting to coexist within themselves and fighting to prevent Human bigotry from destroying their race and then themselves
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I can get that, absolutely. I’d probably also prefer that route of mutants first heroes second if it means we get stories like Hickman’s.

But I don’t think that invalidates the opinion of those who prefer heroes first mutants second. I feel like the Whedon run is a good example of that, along with a good portion of the Claremont era. Plenty of strong examples of stories with that mindset.

I think it’s really just a matter of preference, really, or a matter of which approach serves the story the creator wants to tell.

I think both “sides” are jumping the gun on demonizing those with different views. As you say...I think this story is working in shades of gray. Are the X-Men “heroes”? I think it’s best to judge actions as heroic or not, rather than people. Especially in a story like this. The X-Men are the protagonists.

And I think that’s a pretty significant shift from the traditional superhero approach, which is very black and white. Some will find such a shift refreshing, others will find it jarring. I think Hickman’s very aware of all this, and is actively using it to help guide how he crafts the story.

Looking at the resurrection scene, I can see it as a celebration of a new society of people who have been through such hardship, and now for the first time in a long time, they have some sense of unity and hope.

On the other hand, I can see it as an indoctrinating ritual where someone is almost literally playing god, subverting the laws of nature, and using belief to create a nationalistic group with raised fists.

It plays both ways, and that’s brilliant.
    You’re absolutely right. Moira/Xavier sent those XMen in a deliberate suicide mission that could have been prevented with different people sent in the team.

Polaris herself could have jacked up Master Mold at a distance and with help from a teleported safely gotten back. But Xavier needed sacrifices to “resurrect”.

Just saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNW1wAFd6x0

And it brought a lot of interesting questions which I wonder if they may get answered in the last issues of HoX and PoX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Curious some readers are horny to see Mutants punish 'bad' Mutants which to me is kinda conflicting with their melting about Krakoa ruining Xavier's dream of coexistence.
    Maybe because the truly bad mutants rarely change their spots for very long... What's the point of returning them to the here and now with their memories someone intact unless Charles has done what he stood against for years -- editing the memories of others making them subservient.

I'm just tryna see Mutants attempting to coexist within themselves and fighting to prevent Human bigotry from destroying their race and then themselves
    I wonder about that too... Many here have mention wanting to see in-fighting break out on Krakoa.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-22-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Maybe because the truly bad mutants rarely change their spots for very long... What's the point of returning them to the here and now with their memories someone intact unless Charles has done what he stood against for years -- editing the memories of others making them subservient.

I wonder about that too... Many here have mention wanting to see in-fighting break out on Krakoa.
    When you think about it...and knowing what Xavier and Magneto know from Moira's lives with respect to how machines eventually and ultimately turn on the humans in the end...the X-Men, by doing what they're doing now, are saving all of humanity from that future. They are on the path to being the Ultimate Heroes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When you think about it...and knowing what Xavier and Magneto know from Moira's lives with respect to how machines eventually and ultimately turn on the humans in the end...the X-Men, by doing what they're doing now, are saving all of humanity from that future. They are on the path to being the Ultimate Heroes.
    So, it's alright for mutants to have their cake and eat it too? What if the humanity collectively doesn't want the help of the Krakoans in any fashion? What if the seven continents of Earth collectively pass laws banning mutants from setting foot in their countries under penalty of law now that mutants have their own sovereign state(s)?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Our "What if" scenarios are pointless to discuss as our personal ideologies aren't being told on the page...we are not the writers and we have no idea where HiX-Man and the DoX writers are going with this brand new world. Let's stick to discussing what's actually on the page, shall we.