Page 13 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

This issue (and every issue really) just makes me more certain this isn't happening in the 616. It's way too big of a change that won't be reflected in other books. I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I said it weeks ago but Selene really should be one of the exceptions to Krakoan amnesty AFAIC, lol. Apocalypse can potentially be somewhat reasoned with as, for better or worse, the rise of Krakoan supremacy conforms to his ideology. But in terms of sheer evil and insane mayhem they don't come worse than Selene. You can't cure her mind like Proteus, she's built that way. Selene and Sinister are the ones I'd eliminate, but maybe Apocalypse can keep Selene in check.
    Yeah, I could see them trying to cure Emplate or feed him to restore him to a normal state, but I'm sure Selene would keep trying to feed on mutant children just to hear them scream.

Plus, isn't she involved with Russia at the moment?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Now waiting for Extinction Team 2.0 to manifest.
    The entire race is a potential Extinction Team now.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    This issue (and every issue really) just makes me more certain this isn't happening in the 616. It's way too big of a change that won't be reflected in other books. I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not.
    I think it's 616. And it's no big deal since they have the biggest reset button ever in Moira.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    Another book talked about the "Krakoa situation." So this is 616 it seems. Makes no sense for it not to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Somewhere in the world Ben Reilly is laughing his ass off and feeling vindicated and has no idea why.

I am however becoming deeply unnerved by the cult-like atmosphere going on here especially if that’s to be the status quo of the X-Men for the foreseeable future.
    Like i said in another thread. If this is cult like mentality then every last political rally that ever was is a cult. This is a nation forming and it's people rallying behind something good that just happened.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah, I could see them trying to cure Emplate or feed him to restore him, but I'm sure Selene would keep trying to feed on mutant children just to hear them scream.
    Emplate can be fed a la Proteus and rehabilitated or at least managed. Selene is Selene.

This was so insane and different from what we've had before. I'm loving all of these developments and the implications of what it means for the future of the franchise. It's refreshing to not be treated to the same doom and gloom storylines we've had going since Decimation. I love the reveal of the real use of Cerebro. It explains why Xavier has it on at all times now if he's cataloging all of those mutant minds at all times. The cloning thing doesn't really bother me much. I've never really cared too much either way and I like that they finally have a way to undo all of the atrocities that have been committed to mutants.

Now that I think about it, has any other Marvel franchise had a genocide and bus blowing up? I'm glad these horrific things can be fixed.

I said it weeks ago but Selene really should be one of the exceptions to Krakoan amnesty AFAIC, lol. Apocalypse can potentially be somewhat reasoned with as, for better or worse, the rise of Krakoan supremacy conforms to his ideology. But in terms of sheer evil and insane mayhem they don't come worse than Selene. You can't cure her mind like Proteus, she's built that way. Selene and Sinister are the ones I'd eliminate, but maybe Apocalypse can keep Selene in check.
    i wonder how this will play into her recent ambitions in the Captain America title. she should really be too busy to hang out with the Krakoan Kids.

Emplate can be fed a la Proteus and rehabilitated or at least managed. Selene is Selene.
    At least she could be a nice magic based villain for future Excalibur arcs.

BANNED

So basically they've just made comic book death even MORE meaningless than it already is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So basically they've just made comic book death even MORE meaningless than it already is?
    They made mutant deaths meaningless. Avengers and I humans can keep dying.

I think this is just a new "fresh start". There's been so much death and destruction. Now they can start anew and after the Krakoa thing is done, people will start dying again.

BANNED

Look at it this way: All those New X-Men I don't care about can come back from the dead now.

BANNED

Nobody:

Mesmero:

This was my first take too and I was less than thrilled with the idea (also gives clout to the "mutants are immortal" spoilers that were going around before HOX/POX started). But I think Hickman has built in two very clever stopgaps. One being the "5." Seems like a very fragile bunch if you ask me. Can they do this without eggs? Without time manipulation? Without the DNA? Without Proteus (who honestly feels like the most important... and dangerous... piece)? Also, you can't tell me this huge mess of villains that walked through the door aren't just ITCHING for some power. Apoc aside... not everyone here was in the bad guy game for the sake of mutantkind.