Page 131 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 2405
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I don't know the person by behind the keyboard. What I can tell you they are real life hated and fear minorities. Who see glimpses of real life issues in these arguments. And even worse you see people using devil advocate arguments very close to real ones people from hate groups used. I am not accusing anyone of doing that but think about arguments being used think about people who have had to deal with real hate with similar issues.

A wild sentinel created by a Human
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    No, that's the tool that was created by the out-of-control sentient AI factory that was created by a human.

The person who used that tool to kill 16 million mutants was Cassandra Nova, and she was decidedly NOT a human and didn't do it for human-supremacist reasons.

Oh, and the tool in question later decided it had done something very, very bad and sacrificed its life trying to help the X-Men save the planet, almost as if its AI was designed to reject anti-mutant prejudice when it reached some pre-determined threshold of monstrousness. Hmmmmmmmm.......

Sure, The Bolivar Trask was responsible for the creation of Mastermold and the Sentinels -- but, it was Cassandra Nova who killed Donald Trask III for his DNA, and ordered the Master Mold herself to send four giant "Wild Sentinels" to attack Genosha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post

That's why 'Xavier' has been so creepy. That's why the Cerebro helmet stays on permanently (preventing any other mutant from accessing the power). That's why Xavier has been seen dressed as Cassandra and why, in certain unguarded moments of great glee, Xavier has been so 'fabulous'. It's not Charles who's in charge of this Krakoa experiment, it's Cassandra.
    He has indeed been extra strange, flamboyant. I'm sure it will be explained in some regard and your theory would sure be a left turn. A few more days until another issue to discuss!

wasn't Fantomex kind of flamboyant? could be that influence creeping in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tasuxeda View Post
    You would think that Xavier would have accounted for possession and split personalities after shadow king, onslaught and Legion plus that assumes that the backups have awareness and are capable of doing things when stored and even if Cassandra messed with the database you would think that Xavier would have fixed the damage or if it couldn't do that he could replace the corrupted data with up to date version so only those who died before Cassandra had access and haven't been resurrected since would be corrupted.
    Speaking of Shadow King... I wonder if he's welcomed on Krakoa too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post

Sure, The Bolivar Trask was responsible for the creation of Mastermold and the Sentinels -- but, it was Cassandra Nova who killed Donald Trask III for his DNA, and ordered the Master Mold herself to send four giant "Wild Sentinels" to attack Genosha.
    I think you will fine more then a few of the mutants in HoX do directly blame humanity for making the machines that wiped out the island. I am sure many could come up with a list of characters who do even.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Still doesn't make it wrong
    I meant the Sky sex over her mom..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I think you will fine more then a few of the mutants in HoX do directly blame humanity for making the machines that wiped out the island. I am sure many could come up with a list of characters who do even.
    But, that doesn't make it true though now does it?

I don't believe he's a mutant Any more. He's presented as an ancient evil entity

Spectacular Member

You would think that Xavier would have accounted for possession and split personalities after shadow king, onslaught and Legion plus that assumes that the backups have awareness and are capable of doing things when stored and even if Cassandra messed with the database you would think that Xavier would have fixed the damage or if it couldn't do that he could replace the corrupted data with up to date version so only those who died before Cassandra had access and haven't been resurrected since would be corrupted.
    It does assume that Back-Ups have awareness, of a sort, but the Cassandra back-up wouldn't be like the rest. She was a remnant psychic force within Xavier's own brain patterns, independent and self-conscious and just as powerful mentally as her brother. If any of the 'souls' stored within Cerebro were capable of screwing with the system, it would be Cassandra's.

How would Xavier have known that Cassandra was inside Cerebro messing with his doods? He was installing multiple back-ups, not performing a diagnostic on the ones already there. It's easily handwaved as "He just never thought to check", especially after the events of New X-Men when he thought she'd been expunged and was pretty busy on Genosha, and soon after that was kicked out of the whole X-Clan by Cyclops for being an arsehole.

And there's also the possibility that the backed-up Cassandra personae did absolutely nothing to stir suspicion until the moment she made her move, downloading herself into Xavier's brain down the Cerebro connection and then messing with the other back-ups. Whatever the process, it certainly looks like Hickman wants us to at least suspect that all is not right in the Xavier brainbox, and not just because of 'his' odd sartorial choices.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As a pure psychic entity...I'm sure whether or not he's "welcomed" is quite irrelevant to him. And as we've seen with DoX X-Men, Krakoa is still open to attacks from outside forces.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wasn't Fantomex kind of flamboyant? could be that influence creeping in.
    Different kind of flamboyance. Plus, I don't think Krakoa Xavier has adopted a fake French accent yet. 8-)

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

That seems like a future narrative thing. If someone comes up with a story that involves corrupted backups, like by Sinister, Nova, or whomever, they'll probably get to write it eventually. My biggest source of pessimism is Marvel sticking with anything that puts Mutants in a position of equality.

See we both can play the technicality game, You wanted to go that technically is Cassandra Nova isn't human so humans aren't responsible for all those death. To which I went technically Trask built the killing machines built for that specific purpose, so ultimately if he didn't build killer machines design for that purpose all those mutants don't die. We even have as recently as HoX a mother mold coming online threatening violence not to mention we have Nimrod around killing mutants.So I am pretty comfortable in thinking that those Sentinels would be bad for some mutants at some point. Here is the thing it is not an either-or thing. Both Nova AND Trask are responsible for those deaths. The tools being available is as much to blame as the person who flip the switch.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As for Cassie...if HiX-Man has taken into account what happened in X-M Red, and I believe he did given Storm's costume, then Cassandra Nova is no longer a threat...at least not a significant one at this point.
    If things do go sideways and South over the next three issues I hope it's because of something entirely new...ie, not rehashed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    As for Cassie...if HiX-Man has taken into account what happened in X-M Red, and I believe he did given Storm's costume, then Cassandra Nova is no longer a threat...at least not a significant one at this point.
    If things do go sideways and South over the next three issues I hope it's because of something entirely new...ie, not rehashed.
    It wouldn't be the Cassandra Nova who emerged from Xavier's psyche in New X-Men and ended up getting neutered by Jean in X-Men:Red that provides the threat, it would be the version of Cassandra Nova still existent in Xavier's mind when he backed it up before the events of New X-Men. You could even argue that Cassandra Prime's attack on Xavier's brain (which occurred while he was wearing the Cerebro rig, ISTR) is what stimulated the backed-up version of her to 'wake up' inside Cerebro and start plotting mischief.