Page 132 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2405

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    Whatever the process, it certainly looks like Hickman wants us to at least suspect that all is not right in the Xavier brainbox, and not just because of 'his' odd sartorial choices.
    This. All is not exactly as it seems and that's very much on purpose. With a few more issues to go, there's still a lot to be revealed.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It wouldn't be the Cassandra Nova who emerged from Xavier's psyche in New X-Men and ended up getting neutered by Jean in X-Men:Red that provides the threat, it would be the version of Cassandra Nova still existent in Xavier's mind when he backed it up before the events of New X-Men. You could even argue that Cassandra Prime's attack on Xavier's brain (which occurred while he was wearing the Cerebro rig, ISTR) is what stimulated the backed-up version of her to 'wake up' inside Cerebro and start plotting mischief.
    Im not following...XM Red Nova isn't the only Nova existing? And where is the evidence suggesting two Nova entities?
    Plus, if your theory is correct...You're assuming he knowingly and willingly dl'd and bu'd the corrupting entity. Surely, he would have run a "virus diagnostic" as it were?

BANNED

The fact that we didn't see the back of his head is already a huge red flag. He's in his helmet all the time, which can be attributed to the constant need to upload people to Cerebro, but then you have PoX #4 where the only time he's without his hat, his head is covered in convenient shade + lens flare.

There's something wrong with old egghead and I can't wait to see it.

I wonder if Xavier has been bringing his brother back all these years. Didn't Juggernaut just die in Rosenburg run? I could be mistaken by i thought his gem got ripped out but there he is in the previews for cosmic ghost rider. Xavier loves his human bro.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    See we both can play the technicality game, You wanted to go that technically is Cassandra Nova isn't human so humans aren't responsible for all those death. To which I went technically Trask built the killing machines built for that specific purpose, so ultimately if he didn't build killer machines design for that purpose all those mutants don't die. We even have as recently as HoX a mother mold coming online threatening violence not to mention we have Nimrod around killing mutants.So I am pretty comfortable in thinking that those Sentinels would be bad for some mutants at some point. Here is the thing it is not an either-or thing. Both Nova AND Trask are responsible for those deaths. The tools being available is as much to blame as the person who flip the switch.
    Fair enough... I concede

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    People have been calling those who support the X-Men in this story sociopaths or misanthropes, so it's pretty balanced so far.
    lol Riiiiiiight???
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Guess im a sociopath. *shrug*
    I put the Social in Sociopath been thís way since middle school

No, that's the tool that was created by the out-of-control sentient AI factory
    that was created by a human. Which was comissioned by the Human controlled US government

The person who used that tool to kill 16 million mutants was Cassandra Nova, and she was decidedly NOT a human and didn't do it for human-supremacist reasons.
    Dude.... Did you read the text in the page you posted??

Trask had already ordered Genosha's destruction, after Nova convinced him his 'human species' was losing the fight for survival and deserved to win
    Maybe this whole time the reasoning behind the Krakoa detractors is just a failure to pick up on context clues??

Oh, and the tool in question later decided it had done something very, very bad and sacrificed its life trying to help the X-Men save the planet, almost as if its AI was designed to reject anti-mutant prejudice when it reached some pre-determined threshold of monstrousness. Hmmmmmmmm.......
    A machine responsible for the deaths of millions sacrificing it's "life" in an attempt to save the world deserves a second thought?
    Hmmmm.....
    Posters hating on Krakoa... it's starting to make sense.....
    They're Prime Sentinels!!!!
    Veeeery sly
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I wonder if Xavier has been bringing his brother back all these years. Didn't Juggernaut just die in Rosenburg run? I could be mistaken by i thought his gem got ripped out but there he is in the previews for cosmic ghost rider. Xavier loves his human bro.
    He regained his mantle in Thor Vol 5 #1 I think.

No, that's the tool that was created by the out-of-control sentient AI factory that was created by a human.

It all still started because of a human though, right?

BANNED

That's much before Rosenberg's Uncanny X-Men run.

I wasn't considering Cassandra Nova being part of this story.

But considering how much Hickman referenced E is for Extinction so far, it's a real possibility.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Im not following...XM Red Nova isn't the only Nova existing? And where is the evidence suggesting two Nova entities?
    Plus, if your theory is correct...You're assuming he knowingly and willingly dl'd and bu'd the corrupting entity. Surely, he would have run a "virus diagnostic" as it were?

We're told that Xavier has been using Cerebro to copy and store mutant minds for eventual resurrection and updates them regularly. This includes his own mind.

Right up until New X-Men his mind was home to the parasitical psychic entity that we call Cassandra Nova. So when he was backing-up his own mind, he was also backing-up the Nova personality onto Cerebro.

We're told right there in the notes to HoX#5 that these back-up copies are equivalent to the 'souls' of the people they're taken from. A Husk implanted with a back-up is that person, not a clone. The X-Men even have restrictions on when back-ups can be implanted to avoid the ethical issues around making duplicates of a still living person, ethical restrictions Cassandra Nova simply does not recognise.

I'm positing that the backed-up Cassandra Nova psyche within Xavier's own back-up was 'woken up' at some point and achieved consciousness within Cerebro. Maybe it was when the original Nova took over Xavier's body when he was wearing a Cerebro rig, maybe it was later, but the theory is that this 2nd Nova personae was able to hide in the Cerebro database until it was able to take over Xavier's body using his Cerebro helmet as a conduit. The 'Xavier' we see in HoX is Cassandra Nova doing what she loves best, taking everything her 'brother' values and wrecking it under everyone's noses.

Evidence? Circumstantial. Xavier dresses in exactly the same White Hunter costume Nova favoured when 'he' brings Cypher to Krakoa to act as liason between mutant and island. The fact that we never see Xavier without his helmet on in this scene might be suggestive that he was wearing the Cerebro helmet all the time and the White Hunter costume was a mental projection. An odd choice. It's been noted that Krakoa Xavier is a lot more 'flamboyant' in his mannerisms that we're used to, especially when excited, which reminds me of Nova. The mission to Soil's Hammer, which accidentally or not caused the premature activation of a genocidal Mother-Mold, is exactly the kind of 'tricking you under your very nose' ploy Nova was fond of.

I'm not sure what "dl'd and bu'd" means in this context, but I would posit that if any entity was going to be capable of staying hidden on Cerebro with Charles Xavier looking for bugs, it would be his evil twin.

Xavier dresses in exactly the same White Hunter costume Nova favoured when 'he' brings Cypher to Krakoa to act as liason between mutant and island. The fact that we never see Xavier without his helmet on in this scene might be suggestive that he was wearing the Cerebro helmet all the time and the White Hunter costume was a mental projection. An odd choice.
    Eh
    Various media outlets puts out the message that White people just love wearing that particular outfit
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

You may or may not want to rein in the trollish mannerisms, chum. It's up to you.

1) Yes, I noted that the out-of-control sentient AI factory that was created by a human. It's in the bit that you pruned off my quote so that you could say the same thing. If we're judging every single member of a race by the actions of their worst individuals then maybe the Strykers of the MU have a point about mutants, so we shouldn't do that.

2) Yes, I did read the extract. It's the one where the evil (sort of) mutant telepath that wants to use the Wild Sentinels to exterminate Genosha's population is mentally controlling a dentist with Trask DNA, and then kills him when she's got what she wants. If you don't grasp that the Genoshan Genocide was Cassandra Nova's idea, maybe you need to go back and read that run again. It's pretty central to its concept.

3) Yes, the wild sentinel that achieved sentience and sacrificed its life trying to make up for the Genoshan Genocide does get a second thought. You might want to go back and check out Whedon's run as well, because the X-Men's opinion about it is spelled out pretty clearly in its pages.

Xavier emulating CassaNova is extremely creepy. Though I doubt we're supposed to take it literally. I think it's a hint that his true intentions aren't what they seem rather than him actually being CassaNova.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    It all still started because of a human though, right?
    It's pretty much the basic ethos of the X-Men since issue 1 that you don't judge groups on what their 'evil' members do, isn't it?

I'm not even opposed to the idea of mutants sticking two fingers up to humanity and saying "Do not mess with us", because as we all know, Cyclops was Right, but seriously, the over-the-top and deliberately sinister attitude the Krakoan X-Men are displaying towards humanity in HoX just screams out "This is not kosher!" YMMV