Page 133 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2405

Xavier really might be Moira or nova

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I wasn't considering Cassandra Nova being part of this story.

But considering how much Hickman referenced E is for Extinction so far, it's a real possibility.

Something else that's occurred to me on this topic. Moira's entire 4th Life (I think) was spent with the X-Men and was virtually identical to 616, so you'd have to assume that the 'E is for Extinction' events happened then as well, though the timeline for Life 4 doesn't mention any Genocide at Genosha event.

So when it comes to Life 10 and 'breaking all the rules', she's back with Xavier but doesn't tell him he's got an evil psychic twin that wants to exterminate mutantkind just to mess with him? That doesn't track. One of Moira's priorities would have been dealing with Cassandra Nova before she murdered 16 million of them. Wouldn't it? Unless in Life 4 there was no Cassandra Nova or she didn't manifest, which leaves 16 million mutants alive and well on that Earth for the Scarlet Witch to depower?

Maybe it's something to do with why Life 10 has Moira splitting from Xavier and Magneto two years before the Genoshan Genocide. Hmmmmmm.......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Xavier really might be Moira or nova
    Why would Moria be Charles in disguise?

BANNED

Why not? She would be in a position of strength being able to influence everything.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It still doesn't make sense for him to back up a known 'virus' into his system database, especially one that he's painfully and closely familiar with and knowing the potential damage it can cause. Everything thus far has been thoroughly planned out, surely he would be looking out for one of those "mal-ware" issues before going fully operational.

I'm not saying that Cassie's influence isn't possible...(at this stage every crazy speculation posited so far is highly probable...I'm just saying, logically speaking, it really makes no sense for this particular scenario to play out in this way.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Why would Moria be Charles in disguise?
    Breaking all the rules?

Though taking it seriously, Moira did decide Xavier was a lost cause from life 5 onwards, didn't she? Allied with Magneto and Apocalypse and trampled him underfoot. Soooooo.... maybe after the Genoshan Genocide in Life 10 she decides Charlie simply can't cut it, fakes her death, backdoors into Cerebro and hijacks the most powerful mutant brain on the planet so that she can do what she thinks the X-Men have to do?

It would explain where she is in this life. Plus, if Moira took over Xavier by somehow projecting her backed-up mind into his body (or a Xavier Husk) and has her real body (and maybe the real Xavier as well) in protective stasis somewhere, it would allow her to operate without worrying about her death maybe being the final one. Would a Moira personae in a Xavier body trigger the Universal Reboot if they die? Almost certainly not.

Still think it's Cassandra Nova, though.

Mighty Member

We still don't know what's in those Black spots on Krakoa.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nullviahomo View Post
    It's pretty much the basic ethos of the X-Men since issue 1 that you don't judge groups on what their 'evil' members do, isn't it?

I'm not even opposed to the idea of mutants sticking two fingers up to humanity and saying "Do not mess with us", because as we all know, Cyclops was Right, but seriously, the over-the-top and deliberately sinister attitude the Krakoan X-Men are displaying towards humanity in HoX just screams out "This is not kosher!" YMMV
    Seriously, this hasn't been in a positive light. This whole set up is ominous and creepy. And the last part of the story being the villains coming isn't a good look.

Also, I think it's Moira. Cassie Nova isn't a bad guess, but as complicated as this already is, I think Hickman will want to go the simplier route, especially when Moira has been such a big part of the story so far.

It would also explain the few bits of emotion Xavier has shown. He seemed genuinely sad about the X-Men dying, something I don't think Cassandra would even think to do.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It still doesn't make sense for him to back up a known 'virus' into his system database, especially one that he's painfully and closely familiar with and knowing the potential damage it can cause. Everything thus far has been thoroughly planned out, surely he would be looking out for one of those "mal-ware" issues before going fully operational.

I'm not saying that Cassie's influence isn't possible...(at this stage every crazy speculation posited so far is highly probable...I'm just saying, logically speaking, it really makes no sense for this particular scenario to play out in this way.
    But he wouldn't have known about Nova's existence when he was doing the back-ups, would he? He only found out about her in New X-Men, at the conclusion of which she was gone from his brain and (everyone thought) dead as disco. After that he was copying over his pre-New X-Men back-ups with a Nova-free copy of his mind, so he wouldn't be worrying about it.

BUT if I'm right the back-up of Nova's psyche would have hidden herself in the depths of Cerebro's huge storage capabilities between the events of E is for Extinction and the next time Xavier backed-up his mind, just waiting for an opportunity to escape into a suitable host. Even if he'd been paranoid and looked for her, chances are their abilities were so similar he wouldn't have been able to find her if she didn't want him to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The fact that we didn't see the back of his head is already a huge red flag. He's in his helmet all the time, which can be attributed to the constant need to upload people to Cerebro, but then you have PoX #4 where the only time he's without his hat, his head is covered in convenient shade + lens flare.

There's something wrong with old egghead and I can't wait to see it.
    So in this whole resurrection scenario, what happens if *Charles* dies? Can someone else use Cerebro to put him back together?

You know there is also a verrrrrry old character known for impersonating Charles whose helmet looks a tiny bit like Cerebro. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him pop up.

You may or may not want to rein in the trollish mannerisms, chum. It's up to you.
    Actually took me a second you were replying to me my bad buut

1) I don't know... secret Government sponsored genocide factories doesn't exactly exude Trust... or optimism that future human/Mutant relations would improve + to me it's a lil more justification for Krakoas isolationism and Human travel limit

2) You gotta have an XGene to be a Mutant.
    And where do you see Nova mind controlling Trask... their conversation went on for 2 issues. Surely it woulda been quicker to go directly to the Master Mold and execute the order without the jabbering. Perhaps Nova was maxing out her impressive telepathic powers? Considering it took her 10 hrs to read and copy Trasks DNA while at the same time screwing around Xavier's head. she was at her limit, she gets a nosebleed towards the end of #114 She definitely manipulated him buuuut mind control? Most likely not

3)Eh I almost certainly wouldn't be moved by redemption storyline about a person Killin that many people let alone a machine. But that's just my opinion
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Also, I think it's Moira. Cassie Nova isn't a bad guess, but as complicated as this already is, I think Hickman will want to go the simplier route, especially when Moira has been such a big part of the story so far. It would also explain the few bits of emotion Xavier has shown. He seemed genuinely sad about the X-Men dying, something I don't think Cassandra would even think to do.
    That's a very good point. Food for thought.

Extraordinary Member

That's a very good point. Food for thought.
    Yes, the presense of emotions from Xavier can't be denied. He's a smug snake, but he seems actually sad having to sacrifice the X-Men and he seems actually happy to get them "back."

Whoever this is, this is someone with an emotional attachment to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yes, the presense of emotions from Xavier can't be denied. He's a smug snake, but he seems actually sad having to sacrifice the X-Men and he seems actually happy to get them "back."

Whoever this is, this is someone with an emotional attachment to the X-Men.
    Moira would have the same attachment

It's pretty much the basic ethos of the X-Men since issue 1 that you don't judge groups on what their 'evil' members do, isn't it?

I'm not even opposed to the idea of mutants sticking two fingers up to humanity and saying "Do not mess with us", because as we all know, Cyclops was Right, but seriously, the over-the-top and deliberately sinister attitude the Krakoan X-Men are displaying towards humanity in HoX just screams out "This is not kosher!" YMMV
    What do expect from a people hunted day in and say out and saw themselves get wiped out 9 times in 9 different realities, cmon now

They have REASON.