Page 138 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2405
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I feel like this whole "Hickman hates Jean" movement is endlessly tired. It's new nyquil.
    Well Jean is a very popular character who was killed off to hype Emma & be replaced by her. Then she was brought back in Red where Taylor did well by her only to leave him & go to Hickman who has her as a damsel in distress.

I can understand her hardcore fans being annoyed that Taylor's Red got the ax only for Hickman to get her & not do anywhere near as well by her. Granted the same old stuff will get tired to see, but I can understand it when it's kinda valid. lol

Compared to repeat stuff that seems silly like Xavier = Maker / Moira. lol Or that the X-Men = Cultists (rather than a community)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    137 pages whew where's my ice-cream..

FYI I'm in a cult
    Is it a sex cult tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Is it a sex cult tho?
    The freakiest.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    I feel like this whole "Hickman hates Jean" movement is endlessly tired. It's new nyquil.
    Haven't you heard? It's not just Jean, HiX-Man hates ALL mutants, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Haven't you heard? It's not just Jean, HiX-Man hates ALL mutants, apparently.
    Can't blame'em.

Damn uppity Muties and their plants.

Extraordinary Member

All I know is, if the X-Men are clearly meant to be in the right here, then this event is really boring. And it isn't.

Brilliant!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    All I know is, if the X-Men are clearly meant to be in the right here, then this event is really boring. And it isn't.
    It's funny, because I think the X-Men are (mostly) in the right, and still find that THRILLING. You would think it would be as simple as "the good guys are getting everything they want, so where's the drama?" But it's thrilling to see them want things they never dared want before, and work together to find the solutions to get it. It's thrilling to each week realize things are possible that I hadn't considered the week before.

So it can be that for me, and for others it's interesting for the moral compromises they see the X-Men making as they mutate into something new and perhaps nefarious.

Which of us is enjoying it the wrong way?? I would say...neither! Hickman and co. know what they're creating. It's provocative and empowering and frightening in many ways all at once.

I definitely see the moral murkiness in areas. Emma influencing the UN vote. The deaths at Sabretooth's hands, probably avoidable. I think any movement that's brought about positive societal change probably hasn't done so with perfect moral purity intact -- which isn't to say that getting your hands dirty is inherently necessary, just that it often happens when a movement is composed of a large number of individuals, and is asking for things that the existing power structure wouldn't give freely if it were totally up to them. The way a collective regulates itself and hones its message, not just from the top down but through a range of opinions all through the network, is always interesting to me, and I think that has been and will continue to be a source of drama for Hickman's mutants. The discussion of how to treat the workers aboard the Orchis craft, the ongoing fallout from Sabretooth's actions... maybe it's all leading to a point of "the X-Men are villains now", and you should keep entertaining that possibility if it's interesting to you, but I personally don't think it has to be heading in such an absolute direction for all these ethical asterisks to be interesting.

BANNED

I wonder when Xavier is ultimately going to unleash the Psionic Onslaught Equation which shall join all minds in one Hive mind and accomplish what he secretly dreamed of doing one day.

New theory: mutants are really eternal sand Xavier is building the uni-mind
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

So let's again discuss the thought process of book

"The X-men are evil" If the X-men are evil who will be the good guy in the book?

This is the biggest argument against the X-men being "evil" in manner that will worry people. While have gotten dark takes on superheroes. It seems highly unlikely that X-men are the bad guys and Humans are the good guys as interesting as that could be considering for most its history Humanity has largely been villains in a way to the X-men. Which bring us the villians on Krakoa if the X-men are team up with them in some imperial army of evil once again who is the villain of the books?

What I think is going to happen: This story works only if the X-men walk up right up to line or slightly cross it. If the X-men are out right good it same stories they have been telling for years, If the X-men are bad it completely against the premise and Hickman is good enough writer to realize that. The most compelling stories is right down the middle when don't know where the story is going to go. An example is Hickman New Avengers when the Illuminati has to destroy another world and being the heroes that they are they can't but for most of the story you thought they were going to blow up the planet because that was the only way to save earth. That is ground I think Hickman is going to play in.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-24-2019 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    You are doing that reasonable thing again. This seemingly simple concept is not always easy to grasp you know.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    2) I do not believe we are seeing current reality (616 if you will) right now. There's still 3 issues left here. I believe we are seeing Life 6. In this HOX issue, we have seen a radically different mutant strategy than we've ever seen before. I believe that in Wednesday's POX issue, we will see a future, where the flat-scan humans are all dead due to the actions taken by mutants in this issue. This will be seen as less than ideal to Moira as well. Remember, her gut reaction was to develop a cure for the mutants. The only reason we've seen here change course was because of threats from Destiny. As such, it's quite possible that she adheres to the dream and would not like a future where the Mutants survive, but the flat-scans don't.

3) All of this is really just "That Which Endures".
    Considering we have textual proof that the raid on the Mothermold happens in life ten, based on the flowchart in HoX3 the only way this could be life six is if the two timelines were almost identical. A theory I have put forward but certainly didn’t seem popular and one that even I suspect won’t be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This makes the most sense to me as we've reached a stalemate.
    As often happens with stalemates, what really happened is two sides failed to properly communicate their thoughts.

Many who were pointing out that this is creepy and not identifiable were not dismissing the context that created it but their opponents didn’t want to hear that.

Many who were pointing out that the current situation was perfectly reasonable given the context were acknowledging that some of it feels creepy but again their opponents didn’t want to acknowledge that.

So in many ways the stalemate is artificial and based on “I stand by my point”.

The core argument is one of emotion, and no amount of arguing out the facts is going to sway somebody’s emotional response to what they are reading. That’s not technically a stalemate, that’s an impasse born by different experience. We need to acknowledge people’s feelings when we argue but it’s not always easy to do because it feels a little like conceding.

Some have very strong feelings of justification and manifest destiny as catharsis, some feel a sense of dread and alienation. These emotions can coexist surely?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I think that’s a bit too obvious. Granted of course it’s a possibility no doubt......but I’m hoping for something a bit more epic then timeline 6 just being the phalanx. Hoping Hickman has one more trick up his sleeve.
    It’s not simple if my “Omega Point” theory is true. It’s actually a complex science fiction concept that sounds very Hickman like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I think theory 2 is out. Other comics in the 616 have now referenced the new mutant Krakoa situation, as well as some previews of upcoming events.
    I have to admit not really reading much else in the MU right now. Do you have any references?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-24-2019 at 10:37 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is not a battle or competition so there is no "stalemate".
    Here's the thing...I am fully enjoying the story for personal reasons and I honestly don't care that some complete stranger isnt enjoying because of their personal reasons. I am not trying to convince them of anything because I am only invested in the story I'm reading, not that stranger. At the end of the day, our discussions/arguments here are pretty much irrelevant because it changes nothing pertaining to the books we're reading. (Yes, on very rare occasions we do succeed in enlightening a 'closed' mind, open a new way of seeing and thinking for a few but really...all this back and forth, while thoroughly entertaining and time consuming...its true purpose...is quite pointless in a greater scheme).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-24-2019 at 05:22 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well Jean is a very popular character who was killed off to hype Emma & be replaced by her. Then she was brought back in Red where Taylor did well by her only to leave him & go to Hickman who has her as a damsel in distress.

I can understand her hardcore fans being annoyed that Taylor's Red got the ax only for Hickman to get her & not do anywhere near as well by her. Granted the same old stuff will get tired to see, but I can understand it when it's kinda valid. lol

Compared to repeat stuff that seems silly like Xavier = Maker / Moira. lol Or that the X-Men = Cultists (rather than a community)
    Community?!? Didn't Emma Frost fix the odds in the X-Men's favor by getting the UN to recognize Krakoa as an Earth Bound/MultiDimensional/Global Country?

This debate is still going strong with so many different view points. Completely shocked that for the most part it’s maintained relatively civil as we’ll.

Regarding the people that are against this take on the X-men. Honestly I can totally sympathize with that feeling. I think it’s fair to say that this new status quo isn’t for everyone. Yes I’m loving the series and judging from the reviews, sales and conversation the large majority is as well. However there will be that portion of X-men fans that will miss that more traditional “bad guy has plan, X-men stop plan” way of storytelling. Hell There is a part of me that at times misses that more black and white version of comics as well regardless of how much I’m loving this story. Hickman decided to do something “different” and took a big chance with this. So far he’s knocked it out of the park....That being said, i still understand fans being uncomfortable with this take....
    Last edited by RD155; 09-24-2019 at 05:35 AM.