Page 139 of 161 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2405
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This debate is still going strong with so many different view points. Completely shocked that for the most part it’s maintained relatively civil as we’ll.

Regarding the people that are against this take on the X-men. Honestly I can totally sympathize with that feeling. I think it’s fair to say that this new status quo isn’t for everyone. Yes I’m loving the series and judging from the reviews, sales and conversation the large majority is as well. However there will be that portion of X-men fans that will miss that more traditional “bad guy has plan, X-men stop plan” way of storytelling. Hell There is a part of me that at times misses that more black and white version of comics as well regardless of how much I’m loving this story. Hickman decided to do something “different” and took a big chance with this. So far he’s knocked it out of the park....That being said, i still understand fans being uncomfortable with this take....
    I do love what Hickman is doing, but what I find disturbing are the number of X-Men fans who truly believe that notnonly is this a black and white situation, but that the X-Men are totally in the right.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If you and I can understand why they're uncomfortable with this different take and direction, why does it seem so difficult for them to understand why we are...happy and comfortable?
    Admittedly, that's a (rhetorical) question only they themselves can answer because they're the ones who have an issue, apparently.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If you and I can understand why they're uncomfortable with this different take and direction, why does it seem so difficult for them to understand why we are...happy and comfortable?
    Admittedly, that's a (rhetorical) question only they themselves can answer because they're the ones who have an issue, apparently.
    Because, since the onset of this arc (yes, I said it!) there's been obvious proof that this is a NYC plot hole wait to happen?

NYC? Please clarify.
    In addressing the previous post...I don't think it's a black and white issue and as such it cannot be relegated to the simplicity of "right vs wrong"...as others have already implicitly discussed and stated.
    What is truly baffling, is why Rosebunse and others find that disturbing?
    So what if we like, accept and approve of this particular direction? How does that affect you and your enjoyment/or lack there of of this book and story?
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-24-2019 at 06:39 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I do love what Hickman is doing, but what I find disturbing are the number of X-Men fans who truly believe that notnonly is this a black and white situation, but that the X-Men are totally in the right.
    Maybe it's just that some people don't get off on waiting for the worst to happen during the prologue before they even get any meat of the actual story.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Community?!? Didn't Emma Frost fix the odds in the X-Men's favor by getting the UN to recognize Krakoa as an Earth Bound/MultiDimensional/Global Country?
    That doesn't make it a cult. That's just the messiness of politics. Politicians aren't exactly honest people. The mutants want their own community and to be recognized as their own nation to live, but humans being the confrontational racists they are aren't happy with anything less than them being murdered daily.

Extraordinary Member

Can we just stop making this about each other? It often comes across as generalizations and I do not understand the need to try to segment the community (us, them, etc).

We can certainly try...but this is CBR, whose foundations are practically built on the "contention of ideas".

BANNED

NYC? Please clarify.
    In addressing the previous post...I don't think it's a black and white issue and as such it cannot be relegated to the simplicity of "right vs wrong"...as others have already implicitly discussed and stated.
    What is truly baffling, is why Rosebunse and others find that disturbing?
    So what if we like, accept and approve of this particular direction? How does that affect you and your enjoyment/or lack there of of this book and story?
    Who said anything about right or wrong?

I was addressing Rosebunse's post.

I love how we're getting close to 150 pages with only ONE issue !

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    I love how we're getting close to 150 pages with only ONE issue !
    lmfao. I know. This is insane. The conversation is much easier to follow right now. That first day it’s nearly impossible. By the time you respond to a message, your already 5 pages behind and a new debate has started lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Can we just stop making this about each other? It often comes across as generalizations and I do not understand the need to try to segment the community (us, them, etc).
    Especially when they sound so...I don't know. Detached?

I mean, thing are clearly not on the up and up. The book ends with the villains arriving and Apocalypse looking down at Xavier even while shaking his hand. The seen is colored to be shadowed and a bit dark. We have questions about this resurrection process and Emma is using telepathy to manipulate humans. Even the word "human" is used as though mutants are totally separate and better, which we know they really aren't.

I mean, thing are clearly not on the up and up. The book ends with the villains arriving and Apocalypse looking down at Xavier even while shaking his hand. The seen is colored to be shadowed and a bit dark. We have questions about this resurrection process and Emma is using telepathy to manipulate humans. Even the word "human" is used as though mutants are totally separate and better, which we know they really aren't.
    If you throw the Sabretooth murders from the 1st issue, you pretty much have my 4 main reasons highlighting that mutants vs humans (which this is) is far from good guy vs bad guy. I can’t honestly remember a time in a comic where I had such a difficult
    Time “picking” sides. Maybe that’s what Hickman wanted all along in a sense lol.

Extraordinary Member

My interpretation is similar, but my point is more that this might be where we happen to agree and after that we might have completely different opinions on things. I just fear the AvX and IvX days where the boards were very polarized.