Page 140 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2405
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Especially when they sound so...I don't know. Detached?

I mean, thing are clearly not on the up and up. The book ends with the villains arriving and Apocalypse looking down at Xavier even while shaking his hand. The seen is colored to be shadowed and a bit dark. We have questions about this resurrection process and Emma is using telepathy to manipulate humans. Even the word "human" is used as though mutants are totally separate and better, which we know they really aren't.
    <Gasp!> Could it be? "Age Of Mutants?"

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    This debate is still going strong with so many different view points. Completely shocked that for the most part it’s maintained relatively civil as we’ll.

Regarding the people that are against this take on the X-men. Honestly I can totally sympathize with that feeling. I think it’s fair to say that this new status quo isn’t for everyone. Yes I’m loving the series and judging from the reviews, sales and conversation the large majority is as well. However there will be that portion of X-men fans that will miss that more traditional “bad guy has plan, X-men stop plan” way of storytelling. Hell There is a part of me that at times misses that more black and white version of comics as well regardless of how much I’m loving this story. Hickman decided to do something “different” and took a big chance with this. So far he’s knocked it out of the park....That being said, i still understand fans being uncomfortable with this take....
    Very good post.
    I look back at some of my favorite xmen stories and kind of tear up.
    They have gone through so much, so many good stories but so many more good stories to come. Im in love with the idea of Krakoa and mutantkind as one.

Cant wait for the drama though, the new love stories that will take place on Krakoa. The new team possibilities.
    Last edited by Stormultt Divine; 09-24-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    My interpretation is similar, but my point is more that this might be where we happen to agree and after that we might have completely different opinions on things. I just fear the AvX and IvX days where the boards were very polarized.
    What you should fear about the AvX and IvX days is crap story telling.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And HoX/PoX...whether you like it or not, agree with the premise or not...has been everything but "crap story telling"
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And HoX/PoX...whether you like it or not, agree with the premise or not...has been everything but "crap story telling"
    Yeah... Well, this sure as hell isn't Earth-616 continuity as I perceive it.

Can I just say that I love what Hickman is doing but I'm not sure I love or even like what the X-Men are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Yeah... Well, this sure as hell isn't Earth-616 continuity as I perceive it.
    Since HOX2 it seems like a large group of fans are waiting for some type of confirmation as to just what is 616 at this point. Ive said it before that personally I feel that the 616 continuity is spread out through out the timelines. Almost as if the Xverse we’ve grown up on is just different pieces of Moira’s timelines.

Personally, I'm very much enjoying the new direction the X-books are headed under Hickman (the man got me back into the FF and actually got me to care about the Avengers book for more than two issues) and I especially am intrigued by the levels of realpolitik and social commentary injected into the storyline and how those elements are being used.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 09-24-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: don't be an ass

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    Can I just say that I love what Hickman is doing but I'm not sure I love or even like what the X-Men are doing?
    Can I completely agree and co-sign this statement ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Very good post.
    I look back at some of my favorite xmen stories and kind of tear up.
    They have gone through so much, so many good stories but so many more good stories to come. Im in love with the idea of Krakoa and mutantkind as one.

Cant wait for the drama though, the new love stories that will take place on Krakoa. The new team possibilities.
    I am just like you, I love this new direction. I really hope that they keep the nation of Krakoa for a long time. There is nothing wrong with the mutants having a nation that rivals Atlantis, Wakanda, Latveria, etc... Sure there can be consequences from allying with so many villains, but at the same time Marvel can embrace the new nation of Krakoa and leave it as a defining part of the mutants where they have finally established their own country, a safe haven from all the human persecution world wide.

It sounds like Marauders is going to be rescuing mutants world wide from persecution and probably transporting them to Krakoa. I think the Marauders are going to be facing the Russians a bit, in that the Russians don't want any part of Krakoa because they want to keep mutants under the absolute control of the Russian government. The Marauders are probably going to get into trouble running missions to help mutant refugees escape from some of the countries that did not sign treaties with Krakoa.

There are so many political elements they can tell with the mutant nation, they could use this to drive stories for a long time. Eventually there will probably be some kind of civil war on Krakoa. I bet we'll even be surprised on who takes sides with whom. I could see them surprising us all and have Apocalypse side with the more heroic side and not siding with the villains at all. We might be very surprised at how a Krakoan civil war turns out and who sides with the more heroic team.

I love this new direction so much, I am finally glad we can explore something beyond just being persecuted and hunted to extinction, I love the idea that we can see how the mutants will do trying to build and sustain a nation, and how that will impact the entire Marvel world.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Personally, I'm very much enjoying the new direction the X-books are headed under Hickman (the man got me back into the FF and actually got me to care about the Avengers book for more than two issues) and I especially am intrigued by the levels of realpolitik and social commentary injected into the storyline and how those elements are being used.
    That is all you needed to say. No need to take shots at other forum members, or anyone really.

Someone mentioned Atlantis, and it occurred to me that no-one’s ever been concerned about whether humans can visit Atlantis unchaperoned, the Autocratic government, whether there are evil Atlantan citizens, etc... I mean, the difference between a cult and a mass movement is a function of time and numbers: Christianity was a cult once.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am just like you, I love this new direction. I really hope that they keep the nation of Krakoa for a long time. There is nothing wrong with the mutants having a nation that rivals Atlantis, Wakanda, Latveria, etc... Sure there can be consequences from allying with so many villains, but at the same time Marvel can embrace the new nation of Krakoa and leave it as a defining part of the mutants where they have finally established their own country, a safe haven from all the human persecution world wide.

It sounds like Marauders is going to be rescuing mutants world wide from persecution and probably transporting them to Krakoa. I think the Marauders are going to be facing the Russians a bit, in that the Russians don't want any part of Krakoa because they want to keep mutants under the absolute control of the Russian government. The Marauders are probably going to get into trouble running missions to help mutant refugees escape from some of the countries that did not sign treaties with Krakoa.

There are so many political elements they can tell with the mutant nation, they could use this to drive stories for a long time. Eventually there will probably be some kind of civil war on Krakoa. I bet we'll even be surprised on who takes sides with whom. I could see them surprising us all and have Apocalypse side with the more heroic side and not siding with the villains at all. We might be very surprised at how a Krakoan civil war turns out and who sides with the more heroic team.

I love this new direction so much, I am finally glad we can explore something beyond just being persecuted and hunted to extinction, I love the idea that we can see how the mutants will do trying to build and sustain a natiAon, and how that will impact the entire Marvel world.
    One of my fears regarding this entire change is that Marvel will attempt to bottle it all up into just the Xverse. There’s so much potential for great stories regarding the impact of this on the rest of the Marvel universe. I’m hoping they don’t waste those
    Opportunities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Someone mentioned Atlantis, and it occurred to me that no-one’s ever been concerned about whether humans can visit Atlantis unchaperoned, the Autocratic government, whether there are evil Atlantan citizens, etc... I mean, the difference between a cult and a mass movement is a function of time and numbers: Christianity was a cult once.
    Isn't Atlantis often portrayed as antagonists? Atlantis Attacks. Flooding Wakanda. Pretty much every fight Namor picks with everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    Agreed. I'm all for new if written well. This is exciting and new and I want more of it!