Page 143 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2405
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    All that pretty irrelevant, and it doesn't help your point that most of the stuff you're talking about were ill-conceived and badly executed, Laura becoming Wolverine is the only thing on that list that actually worked out in my opinion and I haven't read A-Force so I won't comment on it.
    But here's the thing so far every complaint I have about this story isn't that's new and changing, in fact, no complaint I've seen about this story is because it's new changing things, most of the complaints I've seen are about the creepy cult-like behavior the X-Men are exhibiting, the shady stuff they're doing, the total amnesty they're giving to people like Apocalypse, and the fact suddenly everyone's attitude and behavior towards humans reads like it came from a revenge fic.
    So saying the complaints are coming from people who don't like change is inaccurate and sounds like the response of someone who isn't actually listening to the complaints, to begin with and is generalizing the people who have them.
    I mean you literally just described the new and changing things while stating you weren't complaining about them.

I can't wait to sit down 3 years from now and tell someone that Apocalypse is my favorite X-man.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Can I ask why you are so angry? So what if some of us disagree with you. I respect that you have a differing opinion about things and it's perfectly ok, and I know you are not alone in your frustration about new direction. Sorry if I am poking my nose in needlessly, I just feel that there is no need for any of us to get so angry. I kind of got a little annoyed a couple of days ago but I took a break for a bit to cool down because in the end it's just a fictional story, the fact that it is inspiring so much discussion for all of us means it's actually a pretty well written story. I wonder if Watchmen inspired this much discussion when it came out. That was one of the most politically constructed comics of it's time and I can't help comparing HoX/PoX to it a little bit in the amount of discussion this new story by Hickman is inspiring.

Anyway, even though I disagree on interpretation, your thoughts on the story are just as valid as mine so I hope you don't feel like we are attacking your right to post here. You have every right to be part of this discussion and I respect your right to express your opinion and interpretation of the story.
    Having read this post (and your one before it), think I've come to the conclusion that I like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I think that's where all this is going, I can't wait for more Krakoa/Orrako mythology.

I'm sure we'll be seeing the original horsemen very soon too.
    I've been super intrigued by this. Bring forth the horsemen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean you literally just described the new and changing things while stating you weren't complaining about them.
    I feel there's a big difference between complaining about change in the status quo and complaining about the X-Men are now acting like a weird sex cult with villains with varying degrees of psychopath and depravity.

Looking forward to tomorrow's issue so we have new things to discuss. :-D But this thread is one for the books!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I can't wait to sit down 3 years from now and tell someone that Apocalypse is my favorite X-man.
    I can't believe it myself. I am actually excited to see Apocalypse on the Excalibur team. I love that we can have a fun speculation that Poccy and Rictor are having a relationship or something. That cover was fantastic for speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Having read this post (and your one before it), think I've come to the conclusion that I like you.
    Awe, thanks Mr. White. Are you using the name from "Breaking Bad"? The reason I ask is that I bet you are super excited for "El Camino"! I am definitely excited for that too.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I feel there's a big difference between complaining about change in the status quo and complaining about the X-Men are now acting like a weird sex cult with villains with varying degrees of psychopath and depravity.
    haha, sign me up!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    ...if you are going by that logic, then everyone who complained about the Inhumans was complaining about something new and different. Because the Inhumans getting a big push was very new and different so was the illogical IvX. But you know, the complainers said they didn’t like it because it was you know, dumb, but that can’t be possible... to possibly, not like something ‘new’ and ‘different’...just because you don’t like it and not because you’re stuck in ‘nostalgia’ and hate new things...

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    ...if you are going by that logic, then everyone who complained about the Inhumans was complaining about something new and different. Because the Inhumans getting a big push was very new and different so was the illogical IvX. But you know, the complainers said they didn’t like it because it was you know, dumb, but that can’t be possible... to possibly, not like something ‘new’ and ‘different’...just because you don’t like it and not because you’re stuck in ‘nostalgia’ and hate new things...
    I have embraced something new and different about the Inhumans before. War of Kings, and in that they had a similar thing with some being unlikeable and others being likeable. To this day I still ship Crystal and Ronan the Accuser. It kills me that they didn't get to stay together because I loved how their romance developed through the series. That series made me like Ronan the Accuser and see him as a sympathetic, honorable, and dignified character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Someone mentioned Atlantis, and it occurred to me that no-one’s ever been concerned about whether humans can visit Atlantis unchaperoned, the Autocratic government, whether there are evil Atlantan citizens, etc... I mean, the difference between a cult and a mass movement is a function of time and numbers: Christianity was a cult once.
    Is that supposed to make non-Christians like me feel better? It doesn’t.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Incredible Member

Awe, thanks Mr. White. Are you using the name from "Breaking Bad"? The reason I ask is that I bet you are super excited for "El Camino"! I am definitely excited for that too.
    Reservoir Dogs actually but I am intrigued with El Camino.

Breaking Bad is one of the few tv series I've watched back to back more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Reservoir Dogs actually but I am intrigued with El Camino.

Breaking Bad is one of the few tv series I've watched back to back more than once.
    I remember getting into it a bit later, around season 3 or mid season 2, and after two episodes I was completely hooked, so I went back and I binged all of season 1 and 2 in a weekend. After that I followed the show right to the end.

There are parts of the discussion I like, I really love the speculation about the future of the X-Men going forward and how much this status quo makes me happy that the X-Men finally have a true home that can't be easily taken from them. They are in an independent country, SHIELD, the Avengers, or any of the other agencies of various world governments cannot just show up in Krakoa with Sentinels and bulldozers because that would be a true act of war with a nation recognized by the United Nations. The Krakoan government is perfectly within their rights to destroy any Helicarrier that tries to enter their air space without permission. If a nation tries to blockade them without approval from the United Nations, the Krakoan government is allowed to defend their border. They are allowed to build the most advanced missile defense system in the world that can repel Sentinels, nuclear bombs, and anything else the human nations try to throw at them. They are allowed to defend their country. They are allowed to capture and detain any hostile combatants that enter the nation of Krakoa. If the Avengers come into Krakoa without authorization they can be captured and detained. Humans who commit war crimes can be put on publicized trial in Krakoa and tried with those war crimes under the Geneva Convention. No more ONE showing up at the door and thinking they have the right to detain everyone for being a mutant, if they show up at Krakoa every member of the ONE can be captured and tried for attempting to start a war with the nation of Krakoa.
    All well and good but they used mind control, to get all of these, things and if that gets out they will be an international rogue state with no rights whatsoever.

I love this because even if there are some things that are questionable that will probably be addressed later, the mutants having a nation changes the game for the entire 616 Earth. If you show up at Krakoa looking for a fight now, you have to be prepared that you are declaring war against an independent nation and that nation can strike back in reprisal if you attack their citizens. If you bring a submarine in range of their territory and fire a missile at Krakoa, they have every right to destroy your submarine, confiscate any weapons on board, and detain every member of the crew.
    I love it too but for different reasons. It’s not going to go well for them.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Despite what Avatar is I'm not angry, but I don't mince words and I'll be blunt when I see fit.
    If someone tells me that everyone with complaints about this story are both calling it trash and saying that they're blinded by nostalgia, hate change and are not actually X-Men fans while claiming saying something like that isn't taking shot at people when it blatantly is that's when I'm gonna be as blunt as possible because that's all it deserves.
    Actually the appropriate way to deal with that is to block the person annoying you don’t you think?