Page 145 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2405

The responses to mutants getting their own nation and autonomy on a legal, social and economic level are WILD, man.
    Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I find this a weird argument, given the history. Mutants have already been captured, detained, murdered, enslaved, exterminated, etc. If anything, Krakoa changes that because it gives Mutants some kind of protection. 100+ nations now have a treaty with Krakoa. If they violate the treaty, they'll lose access to Krakoa's meds and probably worse. They're in the UN. That has responsibilities, too. I don't get the hysteria about border control that ignores all the relationship building Krakoa is doing.

In every future, Mutants are wiped out, so this can't be any worse. Of course there will be losses, because that's how stories work. When things change, I'll be happy to have had these stories where Mutants are more than humanity's super-powered helper monkeys, saving the day and getting nothing in return. The Mutants were basically humanity's Alpha Primitives. Now, they're at least somewhat equal. It's a nice change of pace.
    Pretty much. It makes the assumption that mutants and humans have been on an even playing field --- socio-politically, economically, and culturally --- all this time, which they haven't been. As I myself argued before in a thread asking about how the status quo of HOX/POX would impact someone like Spider-Man, who's had a long history with the X-Men without being a mutant himself, at least Magneto went on trial for his actions back in Chris Claremont's run, which was more than I saw for any human who committed crimes or flat-out atrocities against mutants. Why was that? Because the actions taken by those humans against mutants weren't seen as crimes due to how thoroughly dehumanized mutants were by human society and by human authorities, resulting in total impunity even as they escalated those actions to outright genocide. And now that the mutants finally have a way to defend themselves from that and their defense (they are members of a sovereign nation-state) has to be acknowledged and respected at least on political and legal grounds . . . well, I guess that makes some (or a lot of) people nervous. What are they gonna do without mutants to kick around anymore?
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 09-24-2019 at 03:22 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Scott already told everyone why.
    Krakoa forever

Quote Originally Posted by Bloxer View Post
    I feel there's a big difference between complaining about change in the status quo and complaining about the X-Men are now acting like a weird sex cult with villains with varying degrees of psychopath and depravity.
    I'll have you know that there's nothing wrong with sex cults...

Get with the wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Fang X View Post
    I always knew you were fun.
    Originals fan? You sir are my new BFF.

Fantastic Member

I feel there's a big difference between complaining about change in the status quo and complaining about the X-Men are now acting like a weird sex cult with villains with varying degrees of psychopath and depravity.
    Do you think everyone who wants equal rights is part of a sex cult? Ow.

Despite what Avatar is I'm not angry, but I don't mince words and I'll be blunt when I see fit.
    If someone tells me that everyone with complaints about this story are both calling it trash and saying that they're blinded by nostalgia, hate change and are not actually X-Men fans while claiming saying something like that isn't taking shot at people when it blatantly is that's when I'm gonna be as blunt as possible because that's all it deserves.
    U mad bro?
    Last edited by Jness; 09-24-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    omg, I am so with you for that. That actually sounds like fun!! I want to go to Krakoa even more now!
    Now I wish *I* was a mutant!! I’m in for this cult action if the nouveau-Krakoans will take applicants
    Last edited by Jness; 09-24-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Diff topic

All rise and remove all hats for the Krakoan national anthem...

Mutant and Proud
    Krakoa FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Do you think everyone who wants equal rights is part of a sex cult?
    All the cool ones
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

So, the real question is whether or not Krakoa will be undone do to infighting among leadership. Going from Charles' quote regarding Sinister and the amount of influential villains in the ranks (Apocalypse, Sinister, Selene), I definitely see the stage being set for a power struggle of some kind.
    What are the thoughts of everyone here as to whether this is the first time they have gone the Krakoa route? I have not reread it, but my memory is that the info pages for the future eras refers to a Krakoa, and a mutant leadership, that was sabotaged. So, either that is about this one, or it is about a past one that then this Xavier would know to expect. But either way, yes, it would be shame if some of these villains passed on the opportunity to make a move.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I can't wait to sit down 3 years from now and tell someone that Apocalypse is my favorite X-man.
    LOL!!! I know right?!
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 09-24-2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The responses to mutants getting their own nation and autonomy on a legal, social and economic level are WILD, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL!!! I know right?!
    Dev you deserve kudos for starting the Krakoa signatures. As soon as I saw that I knew I had to change mine too. Same with Wild Fang. Hehe, we are the start of the pro-Krokoan movement at CBR!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Dev you deserve kudos for starting the Krakoa signatures. As soon as I saw that I knew I had to change mine too. Same with Wild Fang. Hehe, we are the start of the pro-Krokoan movement at CBR!
    Yes, we are the Vanguard...and those who have issues with our movement need to file with their counselors. LOL!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Do you think everyone who wants equal rights is part of a sex cult? Ow.

U mad bro?
    You do a good job of showing why it's pointless to try have a discussion here, pretty much everyone who won't hop on a bandwagon is gonna strawmanned and talked down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Yes, we are the Vanguard...and those who have issues with our movement need to file with their counselors. LOL!
    I wonder if we should create a "We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!!" thread?

You do a good job of showing why it's pointless to try have a discussion here, pretty much everyone who won't hop on a bandwagon is gonna strawmanned and talked down to.
    I think the problem is that some of us have drank the Kool Aid and joined the sex cult of Krakoa. NUDITY FOREVER!!!

You can have the satisfaction that you have resisted the pull of the cult and that you are fighting the good fight to help us realize that we are all part of the evil sex cult of Krakoa!