Page 158 of 161 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2405
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I mean, Elizabeth is not even in this. No-one has so much as offered to brew a pot of tea.
    Elisabeth. #fakefanspotted

(I'm kidding)

BANNED

Wait... Betsy Braddock's not in House of X or Powers of X? Maybe she's under the Cerebro helmet.

BANNED

She wouldn't't say 'We are Krakoa' so she had to leave.

Betsy should be in the council. She's Captain Britain and hella rich. Much connections, big role in the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Just where does Forge get the materials to do his out of the clear blue techno-magic?
    One guy's take...

If we accept that Forge had access to some of what we assume that he must have, it's not really that hard to buy into that he could have had access to some of what was not spelled out.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    As customers we should be able to complain when we're getting things we consider sub-par. Especially if the writers are unprofessional & write characters based on their personal feelings or what's convenient rather than making them accurate.

If you went to a restaurant and your food had hair in it, would it be ok because you should just enjoy you got any food when you got it? Same if you pay a surgeon to do something & they screw it up or do it the way they think it works instead of how you wanted it, I am sure most would sue. lol

In the end taste is all subjective. Some people are plot & story oriented. Others are character oriented. Nobody is wrong, but it's just what they like. So people have higher standards in certain areas they care more about.
    Actually, it's nothing like that.

A person discusses what a doctor thinks needs to be surgically corrected, and then agrees to have a surgery.

Marvel doesn't ask you what you would like in the titles they put on the shelves. You are under no obligation to be a customer. You certainly are not entitled to anything because you bought a book off a rack.

If you want to dictate what is or is not "Unprofessional", stick some money in the bank and buy the IP. Otherwise, what the company is paying creators for is "Professional" just by virtue of that it exists. Never mind the IP not being "Accurate". If Marvel owns it, they decide what is and is not "Accurate".
    Last edited by numberthirty; 09-28-2019 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Otherwise, what the company is paying creators for is "Professional" just by virtue of that it exists. Never mind the IP not being "Accurate". If Marvel owns it, they decide what is and is not "Accurate".
    It is certainly strange how this concept escapes some. That there is an entire team, backed by a huge corporation, who decide on what is and isn’t put out based on strategic decisions made many months in advance, and a totally adequate feeback system based on sales, subscriptions and social media penetration.

How many of us would bother to complain to Heinz if we didn’t like their soup? We would just not buy it. There are probably collectors of cans but they wouldn’t feel ownership of the product.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-28-2019 at 05:00 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

With this and the allegations of corruption because Marvel tries to develop new writers and titles that don't always work and sell well, I worry what planet some people are living on.

BANNED

Some people always like to complain about their meals regardless. This is more of the same where some always like to complain about the comics they read.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

@numberthirty
    That's true for anything. You aren't obligated to buy anything. But if you already spent the money & are dissatisfied with what you got, some will tend to complain. Though to rectify that, some may find a way to get the comics for free and they don't buy them unless they like them. lol Solves that issue.

Some follow along in hopes they can find something to like or enjoy because they did enjoy it once. But if things are dissatisfactory, people complain. This is a forum for positive & negative opinions, but some only seem to wanna hear positive and don't want anyone to complain. Well when the complainers have something to praise, they will. Until then as long as they follow along waiting for the good, they may have to see through a lot of bad. In which case, they continue to vent their frustration -especially to like-minded people.

Nobody is really entitled to anything, which goes both ways. Marvel can do whatever they like as a business, but they aren't entitled to not get complaints. They're not entitled for everyone to love what they do. And it's not like the complaints are costing them money. That's just the opinion of random strangers, and for every complaint, there's praise & fans who love everything. Uppity forum posters are more concerned with fan's opinions than Marvel is. lol

Complaints will continue as long as some fans are not happy. The sooner some learn that the better,. The Emma thread for example. Many are happy about her in HOX/POX. But there is a skeptical poster who is wary given the character history. They get a hate for that, but their skepticism has merit given how the character has been handled in recent years. But some act as though that's unreasonable. I am the same with my favorite. Creed is one of my favorites when he's written well. I have seen some happy with how he's depicted in HOX and saying it's nice he's finally badass again but when I read HOX, I didn't see that. I saw the same problems we've had for years. Some will say I am hard to please, but really I am just still seeing red-flags and thinking Hickman has no more planned for him than the other writers they use him as a throwaway character for most of the last 16 years.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-28-2019 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

If we accept that Forge had access to some of what we assume that he must have, it's not really that hard to buy into that he could have had access to some of what was not spelled out.
    Xavier is rich If Forge does not have it Xavier can get it.

@numberthirty
    That's true for anything. You aren't obligated to buy anything. But if you already spent the money & are dissatisfied with what you got, some will tend to complain. Though to rectify that, some may find a way to get the comics for free and they don't buy them unless they like them. lol Solves that issue.

Some follow along in hopes they can find something to like or enjoy because they did enjoy it once. But if things are dissatisfactory, people complain. This is a forum for positive & negative opinions, but some only seem to wanna hear positive and don't want anyone to complain. Well when the complainers have something to praise, they will. Until then as long as they follow along waiting for the good, they may have to see through a lot of bad. In which case, they continue to vent their frustration -especially to like-minded people.

Nobody is really entitled to anything, which goes both ways. Marvel can do whatever they like as a business, but they aren't entitled to not get complaints. They're not entitled for everyone to love what they do. And it's not like the complaints are costing them money. That's just the opinion of random strangers, and for every complaint, there's praise & fans who love everything. Uppity forum posters are more concerned with fan's opinions than Marvel is. lol

Complaints will continue as long as some fans are not happy. The sooner some learn that the better,. The Emma thread for example. Many are happy about her in HOX/POX. But there is a skeptical poster who is wary given the character history. They get a hate for that, but their skepticism has merit given how the character has been handled in recent years. But some act as though that's unreasonable. I am the same with my favorite. Creed is one of my favorites when he's written well. I have seen some happy with how he's depicted in HOX and saying it's nice he's finally badass again but when I read HOX, I didn't see that. I saw the same problems we've had for years. Some will say I am hard to please, but really I am just still seeing red-flags and thinking Hickman has no more planned for him than the other writers they use him as a throwaway character for most of the last 16 years.
    I have been noting that everyone wants just the good commentaries, but not the negative criticism.;

it is impossible please everyone, even if HOXPOX is probably a mostly positive response

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I have been noting that everyone wants just the good commentaries, but not the negative criticism.;

it is impossible please everyone, even if HOXPOX is probably a mostly positive response
    Agreed. I like HOX. Can't get into POX. But despite liking the former, I don't like everything about it & voice my skepticism on the stuff I saw as red-flags. And I backed up my reason for seeing them as red-flags but some still acted as though I was being petty or unreasonable. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Betsy should be in the council. She's Captain Britain and hella rich. Much connections, big role in the multiverse.
    Nah, Betsy is a lady of action, not some pen pusher at city hall. Even in the future that X-Force ruined Magistrate Braddock was more a Mega City One judge than a politician.

Agreed. I like HOX. Can't get into POX. But despite liking the former, I don't like everything about it & voice my skepticism on the stuff I saw as red-flags.
    I'm not hating the stories, there is interesting things going on. I just aware of blatant fan favoritism