Page 160 of 161 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161 LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2405

I'm sure Hickman has plans for Jean and the Phoenix and their eventual reuniting celebration because we all know it's coming.
    I'm sure somewhere in the plan Xavier has, he wants Phoenix on Krakoa merged successfully with Jean (I'm sure thats why PoX mentions her).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    I'm sure Hickman has plans for Jean and the Phoenix and their eventual reuniting celebration because we all know it's coming.
    I'm sure somewhere in the plan Xavier has, he wants Phoenix on Krakoa merged successfully with Jean (I'm sure thats why PoX mentions her).
    So, Charles simply goes back to an earlier backup of Jean when her original clone was living for her... Why wouldn't dateded DNA be in Sinister's digital database of sample(s)?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-28-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Now that I have read and reread what we have gotten so far I am beginning to appreciate what's happening. What's really got me interested is the appearance of the Necro-Sword "All-Black" and the the Phalanx -- almost makes me wonder if at some point the space faring Krakoan society will run into the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda in "X3: The X-Men. Year One Thousand."?
    I don't think that's the Necro-Sword. I want it to be Surtur and the Twilight Sword, though it probably isn't.

It seems to mirror the new design of Illyana's sword, so people are thinking it's a Limbo-connected Soulsword.

Astonishing Member

Wasn’t it actually called the twilight sword in the captions?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Wasn’t it actually called the twilight sword in the captions?
    Yet, said caption(s) can't possibly be referencing the "Twilight Sword", also known as the Sword of Doom, composed of a metal known as Scabrite which can only be found in the mines of Surtur's realm. The same sword which is magical and capable of manipulating vast amounts of mystical energy, and feats such as shattering dimensional barriers. I believe it's the Necro-Sword because Doug Ramsey, and the Phalanx are involved in all of the this... Wait?!? Is Douglock a POD-cast too?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-29-2019 at 09:00 AM.

I mean, it could, power levels fluctuate for all things between different depictions.

Far as I’m aware the only substantive obstacle is that I believe the Twilight Sword we know was forged in the destruction of Beta Ray Bill’s galaxy and thus the Krakoa origin predates it. But it’s possible it was not the first Twilight Sword. And that’s even before taking Ragnarok cycles into account...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    @numberthirtyCreed is one of my favorites when he's written well. I have seen some happy with how he's depicted in HOX and saying it's nice he's finally badass again but when I read HOX, I didn't see that. I saw the same problems we've had for years. Some will say I am hard to please, but really I am just still seeing red-flags and thinking Hickman has no more planned for him than the other writers they use him as a throwaway character for most of the last 16 years.
    But you don't seem to think Sabretooth has been written well in like 20 years? Same with Deadpool. But as for the rest of us, most of the planet loves Deadpool as he is now and does not miss the Nicieza/Liefeld version of the character in any way. The fact is he grew beyond that limited interpretation over two decades ago.

And per Sabretooth, frankly I take him no more or less seriously now than I ever did going back to the 1980s. I see no recent 'ruining of Creed' or treating him poorly that differentiates in any way from how he was written in the '80s or '90s. As far as I'm concerned his character has always varied wildly between psychopath and disposable buffoon depending on the month, going back to Sinister spanking him in Fall of the Mutants.

You are entitled to your feelings. But you also could try to understand that you are possibly in the minority, or that there are more nuanced views than those absolutes.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    But you don't seem to think Sabretooth has been written well in like 20 years? Same with Deadpool. But as for the rest of us, most of the planet loves Deadpool as he is now and does not miss the Nicieza/Liefeld version of the character in any way. The fact is he grew beyond that limited interpretation over two decades ago.

And per Sabretooth, frankly I take him no more or less seriously now than I ever did going back to the 1980s. I see no recent 'ruining of Creed' or treating him poorly that differentiates in any way from how he was written in the '80s or '90s. As far as I'm concerned his character has always varied wildly between psychopath and disposable buffoon depending on the month, going back to Sinister spanking him in Fall of the Mutants.

You are entitled to your feelings. But you also could try to understand that you are possibly in the minority, or that there are more nuanced views than those absolutes.
    Joel Kelly developed Deadpool and that version was good. There is no development in Daniel Way making him a Family Guy joke character which the films followed. Duggan did justice to the character again but the Jar Jar Binks version keeps popping up. And that's the opposite of development. It's simplifying the character down to 1 trait & flanderizing it. Way, Pak, the Thompsons, Young, and Bendis are writers who don't do DP any justice imo.

And I have written about the ruining of Creed's character. He developed beyond Sinister's whipping boy and was a dangetous solo villain with some occasional low points. One difference is him getting his ass kicked by characters he's defeated & kissing Mystique's ass while letting her smack & order him around, compared to almost killing her 3x in the 90's. And when he made a fool of Sinister in Tieti's Weapon X. Or when he was esrablished as an expert hacker, but Pak writes that he can't use a keyboard.

You're entitled to your opinion of course but could understand many have higher hopes & standards for favorites. You don't see Creed ad ruined, but don't care for the character anyway. As such you wouldn't notice many of the things fans complain about. Most Creed fans I speak to have agreed with him that he's been,pathetic for a long time & is a pathetic henchman & bafoon rather than the conniving character he'd developed into when effort was made with him in the 90's.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2019 at 04:20 PM.

BANNED

I don't not care for Creed. I just think he has always been very broadly defined. He's always ranged from story to story between being a buffoonish heavy to a calculating serial killer, since his very inception. I think pretending Creed was suddenly only caricatured in the last 20 years is a convenient memory. He's always been OTT, since the beginning. In terms of how he fares as a villain, he has good days and bad days.

I don't particularly care about the '90s for the X-books and never have. I lived through them once and I think almost no established character came out well.

You're welcome to decry the modern Deadpool but I feel like you're raging against the dying of the light there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    My ship was sunken for 11 straight years...
    Take the hint then. What on Earth would make someone pay for eleven years of content they don’t like? And if you didn’t pay, as you strongly hint, then that gives you less investment and uninvested dissatisfaction is cheap, meaningless and easy to ignore.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I don't not care for Creed. I just think he has always been very broadly defined. He's always ranged from story to story between being a buffoonish heavy to a calculating serial killer, since his very inception. I think pretending Creed was suddenly only caricatured in the last 20 years is a convenient memory. He's always been OTT, since the beginning. In terms of how he fares as a villain, he has good days and bad days.
    In the 80's up to 2002 he was mostly a good villain who had his low points. Jobbing to Kitty Pryde was one of them. BUt he also had more high moments & good feats.

Such as gutting Psylocke and escaping with all of the X-Men going after him while he mentally or physically injured them one by one until he got to Jean. Compared to today where he's KO'd in all his "fights" in 1 page or two. Or better yet, the man who gutted Pyslocke can now get punk'd out by Rahne. There is no comparison in that front.

Creed is 1 huge pussy at this point, and I have seen few high points outside of AXIS where he was inverted & under Bunn's pen.

Now it's flipped. He's largely a joke with with a good moment here & there. Can't think of any now, but maybe there's some somewhere that weren't rendered moot shortly after. But there's been more bad than good. The fact that nobody takes him serious in the X-verse is proof of that..

I don't particularly care about the '90s for the X-books and never have. I lived through them once and I think almost no established character came out well.
    And that's your opinion. Lucky for you you're getting what you want. But again it's easy to lecture others when you don't have the same problem. Some us had favorites who peaked in the 90's for us, and that lost every bit of that which made them favorites for us. So we will tend to be salty when the modern/ mainstream version is a dumbed-down caricature of what we had.

Some people LOVED Lola Bunny in Space Jam.

Some loved her when she became more slapstick & goofy.

Lucky for those who like that version because it's here to stay. But those who liked her in SJ probably would be annoyed with the change and complain about the deviation of a character they didn't see as broken and in need of fixing.

For me, I am familiar with the original but was indifferent to her. She's was an ok character for what the film needed her for. But I didn't have any investment. So I won't care as much about the change to the character. But it would be different for nostalgia fans who still watch toons from time to time hate the modern version.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2019 at 04:40 PM.

I guess those moments were good if you’re a Sabretooth fan, but if you were a fan of... any other character, those moments were just frustrating.

I’d rather he be a joke than a hyper competent douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I guess those moments were good if you’re a Sabretooth fan, but if you were a fan of... any other character, those moments were just frustrating.
    Welcome to the world of bias. That's true of anything & anybody. lol Everyone likes to see favorites do well & stick it t everyone else. But if you hate the person or character in question, that's the one who want embarrassed.

I hated Ronda Rousey, so when she lost I was beyond happy. And KO'd on top of it. Yay! But naturally her fans wouldn't be happy. lol

Some wanted Creed evil again as Wolverine's "arch foe", and if you're a Wolverine fan who loves seeing him smack Creed around, it's wonderful. He got his punching bag back. If you're a fan of the latter, it's annoying & why many wanted him to stay inverted. lol because nothing of note was waiting for the villain version. Sadly Face-Turns never seem to last. Some character go back & forth, like Daken and Juggernaut. Others have 1, then snap right back with no questions asked. It's just sad such developments never get to stick.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2019 at 05:18 PM.

BANNED

What should he be doing to be more of a badass? Gutting more women? I don't get it.

BANNED

I gotta be honest too. Sabretooth is a villain character, and not in the arguably heroic mold like a Magneto either, so I don't really get what you would be expecting.