Page 19 of 161 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Soul stuff is pretty tractible in Marvel. You could say it's just a recording of memories, but Xavier's soul was stuck on the astral plane for ages and that's considered the real him.
    And yet, there was also an Xavier in the heaven Kurt was in at the start of his resurrection story, separate from the "astral ghost" that begat Soule's "X".

[And speaking of "souls"... how's Kurt doin' here?]

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    X-23 was long ago established to have a soul. Hellverine only said otherwise to torment her, and any others who say she doesn't (in AND out of universe) are only doing it to insult her. Plus she's not a full clone, anyway. Part of her genetic code also comes from Sarah, though we don't know the actual percentage.
    Yup, but not only is her sister a full clone, but she would be interested in other grey situations, like her other "sisters"

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    It only does this explain the return of recently killed Havok, Wolfsbane, probably Madrox, Strong Guy, Chamber, Mondo, Banshee, and those killed last issue, etc and we’ve seen Vulcan in solicits, this also could mean characters like Sway, Petra, Destiny, Caliban, Thunderbird, etc .......

While I don’t see this going completely sideways right now, if the pendulum shifts against the X-Men behind the scenes (doubtful now that Disney owns Fox) again the negative impact of this would kick in.......

Wait, does this work [I]only [I] for Mutants, or could it be used for family members? Like say, family that was all but wiped out Shi’ar Death Commandos? Or assimilated by the Phalanx after being abducted by anti mutant nuts years ago (do I even have to say which family?)

At least Cyclops has his eye back......
    You just made me think of Sinister with this. Sinister basically stole Thunderbird's x-gene. He must have given us that information for a reason. Will there be a problem trying to bring Thunderbird back that could lead them to something sinister. There's just so many ways the x-men can go from here.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member Graphicisnovel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Interesting. My thought on this is that all those stories were fine, nothing needed validating or reconciling, and this kind of 'look how clever I can be' type of storytelling does more to damage past stories than boost them.
    I respect your taste, but an X-men story about demons. And then a convoluted mess about a Jean clone gone rogue? It never quite fit. I think in retrospect things are becoming more cohesive.

Plus, people like me who dislike Hope for example: giving people like her story purpose, makes it all more bearable overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Speaking of clones, I wonder what Krakoa means for Laura’s other sisters Zelda and Bellona, especially given that the former is dead and the later possibly still locked up. Also could them bring rebirthed fix whatever about their DNA caused them not to develop Laura’s powers?
    As I understand it, They should just use her genetic code and have Xavier put the memories of Zelda and Bellona in the shell. But that comes dangerously close to using the whole thing to create cannon fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    And yet, there was also an Xavier in the heaven Kurt was in at the start of his resurrection story, separate from the "astral ghost" that begat Soule's "X".

[And speaking of "souls"... how's Kurt doin' here?]
    But whose to say the consciousness doesn't travel or even has to be in one place (jean splitting xavier consciousness in morrison run.). Perhaps when their is no body a mutant's consciouness is in heaven, Moira's mutant powers breaks that cycle because her consciousness always has a place to go back to when she dies. Surely a telepath of Xavier's calibre can make his consciousness do amazing things.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I have this feeling that out of all the villains it's going to be Apocalypse that goes all in on supporting the new nation. Right down to his speech on arrival, this is is pretty much his dream, the ascendancy of mutant kind. The only thing I think he might do is when he thinks Krakoa is strong enough he would start or ignite a war with the humans so the mutants can take over the planet. But Apocalypse will bide his time and be patient, he is immortal, he has all the time in the world to be patient.

I agree with others that I think Selene and Sinister are the two biggest threats and I think they will try to take over, or in Selene's case want to absorb everyone's life force to make herself into a goddess. As soon as Selene finds out Rachel is alive she will try to take Rachel's life force again for sure.

But I loved this issue, this is a massive status change for the mutants and I am really interested in seeing what the world wide political ramifications are for this.

It's interesting that Xavier told Emma that there are mental consequences to taking over other people's minds. The implication that he appreciates her sacrifice, I wonder if this goes back to the concept of Onslaught and how using your mind to overwhelm someone else leaves an imprint of them in your head. Perhaps a telepath could eventually succumb to a form of Schizophrenia if they do that too often. The other alternative is that Emma is going to take the brunt of human animosity when they realize she was meddling with their minds and that she is going to be prime target #1 for the enemies of Krakoa, so Emma's sacrifice is that she has taken on the responsibility of being the political face for Krakoa and will take the brunt of any reprisals that come upon them from the humans.

Fuck yeah, Costa Rica is not on the list against the Mutants.

Also Emma and Charles exchange was just so good. I need more Emma from Hickman.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh and Wakanda sucks. lol
    Preeeeeach.

Same.
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 09-18-2019 at 08:37 AM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Actually X-23 isn't a clone. She has a mother and Logan is her father through artificial insemination. They did engineer Laura so that she would have Logan's variation of the X-Gene and hence a similar power set to her father, but Laura is not a clone, she just thought she was originally. She was DNA tested later and it was determined that the woman who took care of her in the lab and helped her escape was actually her mother.
    That is absolutely at odds with her story from her origin in innocence lost; she was a clone, they just duplicate her X chromosome because the Y one was badly damaged; Sarah Kinney merely acted as a surrogate (which is what they do for real world clones.) what you are describing is completely at odds the underlying intention of the project, in which even the change to the X chromosome was viewed unkindly by those in charge.

There was a non sequitur declaration by Tony Stark at the end of Adamantium Agenda (a mini series she was not even advertised as in.), that she apparently had Sarah Kinneys DNA, which did not lead into anything, was not explained, or followed up on; and should probably best be viewed as schrodingers plot point until an actual explanation is given.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

I always wanted a mutant nation and all characters brought back to life that had lame deaths or that didnt really get time to shine.

Thank you Hickman.

But you know. I still want the depowered mutants to have a chance at repowerment.

I'm going to keep mentioning Wind Dancer. My Venezuelan wind Goddess. That is all. Good day.

Also the more I read other peoples perspectives on this issue. The more I like what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Yup, but not only is her sister a full clone, but she would be interested in other grey situations, like her other "sisters"
    Clones are allowed on the island. We already have the Cuckoos

I’m glad Daken is back (thank you Hickman!) but I hope he’s not gonna be reduced to daddy issues once again (it wasn’t interesting even for the first time, let alone for the 748398th time) or just a plot device for Logan…

It’s a new situation so it’s a good opportunity to see him doing something new finally or interacting with Logan in a different way. Some proper interaction between them is a long overdue anyway…
    Put him on a team and give him something to do that is not being a one-note villain to further other characters.

And now that we have more decent writing also hoping that the manipulative bisexual stereotype and the bury your gays trope will die finally and his bisexuality getting better representation.

Also I’m curious about how Bobby will feel about Daken living with them

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    The issue was excellent! The colors, the panels. wow

And for the those saying about the "clones". Mind you but do you want Phoenix Force or Death to come and say that they have the original's souls? Like seriously... Ben Reily is a clone and he returned from death by being cloned again. And guess what. Death itself comfirmed that he has the original Ben Reily's soul.

Its the same with the X-Men here. Here the process is way beyond with what happened with Reily.
    Well, Death confirmed the same thing about cocoon-Jean and Phoenix-Jean in Classic X-Men 43 (1990) and X-Men Forever #3 (2001) and yet people still argue that Jean wasn't Phoenix. lol So, Death itself confirming it still wouldn't be enough for some.

I'm kinda hoping Hope gets knocked off the board at some point, permanently, as she is probably the most important piece of the 5 person puzzle that wouldn't be replaceable. I love the lore and while it's not a completely easy get out of jail free card, it does kind of diminish the stakes being able to "defeat death."

But I'm excited to see this status quo play out for at least 1-2 full years worth of story!

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.

2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.

3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.

4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.

5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

6. Sync is back ☺️
    Just curious; how did they give Wolverine adamantium? Proteus I assume?