Page 20 of 161 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I'm kinda hoping Hope gets knocked off the board at some point, permanently, as she is probably the most important piece of the 5 person puzzle that wouldn't be replaceable. I love the lore and while it's not a completely easy get out of jail free card, it does kind of diminish the stakes being able to "defeat death."

But I'm excited to see this status quo play out for at least 1-2 full years worth of story!
    What's the point anyway? Characters always come back.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Just curious; how did they give Wolverine adamantium? Proteus I assume?
    Yes.

10char
    "Cable was right!"

This issue was brilliant. My favourite of the bunch. Loved everything Selene, Frenzy, Polaris and Emma were surprises

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I always wanted a mutant nation and all characters brought back to life that had lame deaths or that didnt really get time to shine.

Thank you Hickman.

But you know. I still want the depowered mutants to have a chance at repowerment.

I'm going to keep mentioning Wind Dancer. My Venezuelan wind Goddess. That is all. Good day.

Also the more I read other peoples perspectives on this issue. The more I like what happened.
    I am truly in awe of how he was able to do in 10 issues what Soule couldn't do with the inhumans with over 40 issues between two books.

The one thing i think about is how far is this mutant connection going to go though. Like will it lead to the want for physical connection. If the mutants working together said it felt like euphoria like fulfliing a life long destiny or purpose. Will they want a physical manifestation of that bond. It is interesting but it can also set up a class system when it comes to have children. Theres just so much here. He gave them heros, he gave them "god like figures" who can bring them back, he gave them a motivational president declaring we are all mutants. In this one issue i feel like hickman gave us years of mutant society. It is so defined and clear beyond the laws which we don't know but the culture is so pure.

As for clones i do think they are welcome as long as they have an x-gene. Before anything else they are mutant and i don't think the cuckoos would care what most think of them anyway.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Offbeat View Post
    I'm kinda hoping Hope gets knocked off the board at some point, permanently, as she is probably the most important piece of the 5 person puzzle that wouldn't be replaceable. I love the lore and while it's not a completely easy get out of jail free card, it does kind of diminish the stakes being able to "defeat death."

But I'm excited to see this status quo play out for at least 1-2 full years worth of story!
    I would argue that Hope's just there to regulate and make sure everyone is running 100%. Sure that's important, but let's break it down...

Goldballs makes organic eggs. Seems important but perhaps a different vessel is possible
    Proteus makes the eggs viable. Honestly, if he was taken out that's a pretty hard thing to replace
    Elixir gives the power of life. Again, that's pretty dang important here. Without him this process doesn't exist.
    Eva bends time so that they can make sure the mutant in the egg is the best possible version of themselves. That's very important, otherwise we'd have X-Babies everywhere. Also has some pretty interesting implications for disaster.
    Hope just keeps the system ticking.

So Wakanda doesn't need the drugs. Which means they already have similar drugs and are not sharing it lol. It's the cancer cure thing all over again.

no Shortpack? GTFO

The Red Dragon

Waiting for the reveal that Xavier locked up the real Jean and Cyclops somewhere or reset them to a time when they were more subservient and meek cuz his characterization of the two aren’t cutting it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    I would argue that Hope's just there to regulate and make sure everyone is running 100%. Sure that's important, but let's break it down...

Goldballs makes organic eggs. Seems important but perhaps a different vessel is possible
    Proteus makes the eggs viable. Honestly, if he was taken out that's a pretty hard thing to replace
    Elixir gives the power of life. Again, that's pretty dang important here. Without him this process doesn't exist.
    Eva bends time so that they can make sure the mutant in the egg is the best possible version of themselves. That's very important, otherwise we'd have X-Babies everywhere. Also has some pretty interesting implications for disaster.
    Hope just keeps the system ticking.
    I think Eva could be replaced with Velocidad. If I remember correctly, he was a time manipulator as well. It would age him quickly though, but they probably got drugs/Elixir to de-age him.

Question: what’s the beef with the resurrection process? We’ve been getting resurrections all our X-lives by any number of flashy ways — magic, demons, cosmic forces, literal rejection of the after life, etc.

I get the concerns folk have over essential immortality but I mean the actual process proposed by combining these specific Mutants is straight fire!

As much hate as Hope Summers gets I’m genuinely thrilled to see her given purpose that lines up so brilliantly with her entire character arc as this significant mutant messiah figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    Just curious; how did they give Wolverine adamantium? Proteus I assume?
    That was my question too, but "Proteus did it" works for me. I absolutely loved this issue and the new status quo. I wonder if the Five being so connected is callback to Hope's low-level telepathic control over the Five Lights? I'd have liked if the Five were called the Five Lights as another nod to X-Continuity. Love Hickman's Emma and Monet, two of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I think Eva could be replaced with Velocidad. If I remember correctly, he was a time manipulator as well. It would age him quickly though, but they probably got drugs/Elixir to de-age him.
    Or they could make a bunch of eggs and put them in The World to age "normally".
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If they strike a bargain with Proteus maybe there's a mutant who can help Selene with whatever she wants. Maybe they can feed her Goldballs eggs

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    If they strike a bargain with Proteus maybe there's a mutant who can help Selene with whatever she wants. Maybe they can feed her Goldballs eggs
    Lol i don't know why this made me laugh so much. Fried Goldballs Eggs.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If this isn’t undone it’s totally killed this series for me. Nothing they did brought these people’s souls back. Copying something isn’t recreating the original it’s just replacing it. A copy of your brain waves or pathways isn’t saving you it’s just making a copy.