Page 22 of 161 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.

2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.

3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.

4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.

5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

6. Sync is back ☺️

I think since Krakoa is alive, it has built in defenses, vines, snares, trees that grage you if you act up. Plus a team of enforcers probably.

Also Storm is like the Priestess of this cult

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    But that is how always has been done. The best x-men writers have always been the ones to build new things using continuity. At some points in the nineties plot points were rutinely introduced without a full story in mind. The Summers brother storyline, for example. Then someone would come and try to make some sense of them.
    Abandoned plot lines are fair game. I don't mind minor slants on old stories either. But while Deadly Genesis picked up that Summers brother story and added something new with it, it also went and ruined Xavier and effectively any old stories about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So basically they've just made comic book death even MORE meaningless than it already is?
    It already was. That was the whole point of Rosencanny.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    This issue (and every issue really) just makes me more certain this isn't happening in the 616. It's way too big of a change that won't be reflected in other books. I could be wrong, but I kinda hope I'm not.
    It’s already being reflected in the books. Havok, Vulcan, Chamber, Wolfsbane, Sunspot, and Multiple Man are confirmed in the Dawn of X books.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    If this isn’t undone it’s totally killed this series for me. Nothing they did brought these people’s souls back. Copying something isn’t recreating the original it’s just replacing it. A copy of your brain waves or pathways isn’t saving you it’s just making a copy.
    So literally everyone you’ve been reading about since 2015 is a copy since they all died in Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Just a placeholder 'til Zaladane gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Says who? A soul is just a made up thing anyway. It can conform to whatever rules a writer wants to apply to it.
    I have not read the story, but does the possibility of multiple existing concurrently exist?

If so, then no they are not the same, they are distinct entities, that happen to have the same memories, personality, and sense of continuity with the originals. It is merely duplication, not transmigration, which means something in a world where souls are objectively confirmable things. (and even in a world where it isn't it's still a concern, you die, you're gone, something like you lives on.)
    Last edited by Nazrel; 09-18-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    So literally everyone you’ve been reading about since 2015 is a copy since they all died in Secret Wars.
    I've always thought that way but since I never actually read SW I could pretend it didn't happen.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    If this isn’t undone it’s totally killed this series for me. Nothing they did brought these people’s souls back. Copying something isn’t recreating the original it’s just replacing it. A copy of your brain waves or pathways isn’t saving you it’s just making a copy.
    Then when Ben Reily which he came back with cloning and Death confirmed that he had the original Soul makes Death a foolish abstract?

Waiting for call me Alex to show up. The greatest threat to this mutant society

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Perfect way to put it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhoenix View Post
    Then when Ben Reily which he came back with cloning and Death confirmed that he had the original Soul makes Death a foolish abstract?
    You argue some minor point in some other comic that people can either buy into or not depending on if they really want to read about Ben Reilly. It has not impact whatsoever to someone reading the X-Men who might be invested in these characters. Everyone is going to respond differently and no it won't have to be consistent or provable.

https://twitter.com/ororo101/status/...395133440?s=21

Great reference that Hickman snuck into HoX today from the Inferno era. Storm and Jean will always be my favorite friendship/sisterhood.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Abandoned plot lines are fair game. I don't mind minor slants on old stories either. But while Deadly Genesis picked up that Summers brother story and added something new with it, it also went and ruined Xavier and effectively any old stories about him.
    Yeah, that is why I said good writers. Like Carey, for example or Peter David, who took the mess that was Polaris bio and made it into something manageable. I do not see this as harmful. For example, if Limbo was always a demonic half of Krakoa that is a new slant, but it does not change or diminish anything abour Inferno or Illyana as a character.
    Same goes for the Phalanx thing.

So X-Baby Alex is gonna be an Eva Bell blunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    https://twitter.com/ororo101/status/...395133440?s=21

Great reference that Hickman snuck into HoX today from the Inferno era. Storm and Jean will always be my favorite friendship/sisterhood.
    Oh wow, that's really cool