Page 3 of 161 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    No doubt counting the encyclopedia pages.
    Even with those pages it still doesn't match Claremont, lol

Astonishing Member

I LOVED THIS ISSUE!!! I twas amazing from beginning to end the boldness of it, the detail, the lore, building, the characterization (especially the Jean scene the felt like a "suck it haters" moment).

I know some X-fans will hate the fact that everybody "SEEMS" on-board with Krakoa or that their favorite character didn't show the necessary rebellious attitude to not be "OOC" but screw the scope and ambition of Xavier's plan is incredible.

I loved how he actually detailed why Hope in on the Omega list and rogue isn't. It's her ability to harmonize and draw out the full potential of the mutants she's mimicking.

Can't wait to see where the last act of this story takes us. Especially since Sinister is up to no good.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Ororo is the hype woman/propagandist for a revolutionary movement. Yes, it's definitely cult-y. But a cult of awesomeness.

When do we see poor Synch? And when did they know for sure they could do this and begin resurrecting people?
    They were discussing about the process of doing it in the future during Powers of X. In the far future, which happens after Moira dies. And that brings the question to mind: Are Xavier and Moira the librarian and the woman with him in the future? What happens if Moira fully dies and is then brought back to life?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Emesem View Post
    No doubt counting the encyclopedia pages.
    Yeah, no Claremont issues were just as if not more text heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Huh??? How?????
    Maybe I am just used to 80's Storm because I am reading through my backlog...but this did not seem like Ororo.

With her inate connection to nature & the earth, I just do not see her being so enthusiastic about such an unnatural process.

I feel like more of these morally centered mutants...Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus...should be questioning Xavier's vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This issue was very... culty.

Wondering if there are any mutants not drinking the Kool-Aid.
    The X-Men has always been a cult. lol

BANNED

It's natural for mutants via their powers. I think Ororo's seen enough friends die.

Still waiting to see how they treat non-mutants who are part of the family. Like Jubilee's son, Northstar's husband, Shatterstar, Longshot...
    Will they be allowed in Krakoa? Will they be second rate citizen, not allowed to travel in and out without a master race chaperon?

And yes, they sound deliciously creepy. Although in par with some american extremist movements, I guess.
    Still, it's probably not for nothing that we're told that Charles is in charge of keeping a back up of mutant's minds.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    @andru And Polaris wasn't OOC in her talk with Magneto? Hickman's being... characterisationally-flexible... here throughout.

So, how are they going to explain Wolverine having adamantium from here on in ('cause you know he's gonna)? Shouldn't he be back to bone?
    Maybe they keep some adamantium aside for such a scenario? But I feel it will come down to the 5 having the ability to recreate Wolverine with adamantium due to Proteus. He can warp reality after all, plus he is getting a major boost as well. So should be doable.

Cerebro making a back up of each mutant's mind/memories makes sense. But it also copies their soul/essence too?

Proteus husks are cloned bodies of Xavier. I wonder if they keep them on ice somewhere? Purely because Proteus is needed in the cloning process to help bring the body to maturity. Kind of hard If his current husk burns out without another ready to go. Unless Charles lets him die and transplants his essence later on.

Interesting that one of their long-term plan is to (eventually) resurrect the mutants killed during the Genoshan genocide. Charles just doesn't have enough telepaths on hand to process 30.000 plus mutant minds every week (which requires a 24/7 operation to be in place.)

Also, why does Cyclops still need a visor? He should be able to control his powers in a new perfected body.

Sidenote: Wolvie has a great ass!

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    @andru And Polaris wasn't OOC in her talk with Magneto? Hickman's being... characterisationally-flexible... here throughout.
    She said worse about humanity then this post Genoshan genocide.

Then it was forgotten that she ever went through starting around Brubaker and she was changed into having the voice of a very generic female hero and she was punted into space. There is a bit of conversational flexibility, but I am fine with that in regards to Lorna as she hasn't had a solid voice in over a decade making it necessary to rebuild one.

Her comments about humanity were the highlight of the issue for her and hopefully will lead to a quasi independent actor status allowing her to interact with the x-side and the more militant side as they in time likely start to fracture over invariable differences which will develop.

I will say I had some parallels with Jean in this standing naked and reborn to Lorna in New X-Men 132 standing reborn in a way in the ruins of Genosha.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 05:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

Having read X-Men since first being introduced to it via the Masterworks (Giant Size X-Men onwards), this is already one of the greatest runs in history. Depending on how it concludes it will be *the* greatest run. Crazy.

BANNED

You know this is dipping into vintage X-Men feels because they're all casually naked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    There is a bit of conversational flexibility, but I am fine with that in regards to Lorna as she hasn't had a solid voice in over a decade making it necessary to rebuild one.
    Lorna has never had a long-term consistent voice, IMO. The one that most interests me is when she veers towards how she was this issue.

Krakoa is Marvel Unlimited for mutants, with back issues being filled in all the time. The villains all arriving is when they add parental controls and upload the MAX line.

Goldballs laying eggs was my big WTF moment.

I mean, WTF?