Page 39 of 161 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My only issue with the mutant allegory is the downplaying of human allies. All human are treated as enemies and I'm not a fan of that.
    Are they though? Xavier and his island of insanely powerful mutants could take over the world now that they're (for now) united. Instead they are offering life-saving medicine to the world. Not sure they are treating humans as enemies, at least not all of them.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

This is an interesting take. I look forward to this exchange of ideas.
    PM me well chop it. I dont want to drag down the thread about fictional characters with my peoples REAL LIFE any further.
    To protect mutants in a world that fears and hates them
    ... anybody else wanna tell 'em?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    The characters in universe have told us they don't care and haven't done anything. I mean Carol showed up like a day after the bus explosion as if nothing had happened, asking if the X-men would register during Civil War and Emma rightfully called her and the Avengers out. Same for her grilling Iron Man. We have in-universe confirmation that other heroes just don't help mutants. Captain America says just as much when he formed Uncanny Avengers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    They’re like all the people who think it’s such a shame that all those afghani wedding guests died in a drone strike but continue to vote for the people who drop the bombs.
    I just don't believe that. I simply don't believe that every non mutant hero simply doesn't care. Especially when they have mutant loved ones and teammates. There are bound to be some, but all heroes? Nope.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

I'm still not buying that everything is as it has been presented. I find it hard to believe these characters aren't even second guessing Xavier.

And the whole resurrection thing I'm also not buying it, specially when Sinister was involved.

What I found odd, is they are welcoming all these villains and trusting them.... but Magneto doesn't remove his helmet at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Callaghans psi blocking tech was useless against Emma. And the Cuckoos made short work of the defences of the security council

So was Starks ONE sentinels
    This is probably why Xavier sent Emma to deal with diplomacy matters. She's dealt with mind shields before, and she just needs to put some persuasions in their minds. Plus she's not afraid of doing it.

Wakanda and Latveria were notably not influenced by Emma since they voted against. I'm pretty sure their anti TP tech is better than say Russia's

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Avengers YET at the same time they tried to continue to push their original mandate which was "To protect mutants in a world that fears and hates them". It's not protect humanity, it's protect MUTANTS.
    Your post makes me wonder just how many people have this
    completely wrong

http://www.blastoffcomics.com/2016/0...nd-fears-them/

Annnnnd... once you read that you'll kinda at least see where my beef is coming from.

You got it backwards.

The Xmen whole thing was protecting humanity... ostensibly from evil mutants.

So really sunspots whole run on The Avengers common and his time as citizen V was perfectly align with what was supposed to happen.

A big part of the dream was to show that we are Heroes, friends, sisters, brothers, aunts, cousin's...
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 12:27 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Apocalypse is a cool guy.

BANNED

do we know who's behind the Gorgon mask yet

chip zdarsky
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Side note can we acknowledge how Bobby Drake and to my Knowledge Hank McCoy are the only members of the original X-Men who have never died a single time that is impressive!! I clap for them especially since the rest are soulless pod people!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The UN voted for their existence as a nation. Did they have to flex their muscles a bit to get it? Sure. Are they offering powerful mutant/Krakoa pharmaceuticals in exchange? Yes. Peaceful existence with humans is NOT off the table. Take a deep breath, you'll be OK. :-)
    You can present pretty ideas of peacefull coexistence all you like. You can dress Xavier and Magneto's behavior up as much as you want to. The bottom line is this: the human diplomats that met with Magneto were threatened. Plain and simple. Citizen's Bank can agree that I have the right to open a back account all they like. The minute I start posing questions as if I'm making a withdraw before I've deposited any funds and my plans of taking out the security guard, what do you think the teller is gonna do? Especially if I mention that I have special pills that will allow said security guard to wake up sooner. How wound any rational person respond to my plans to make a special withdraw from my checking account? It's not about how you feel they INTENDED to come across. It's about how the people on the other end of that exchange interpreted Magneto's actions. Take a step back and a breather. People need to know that it's never about WHAT you say or do. It's always about HOW you say or do something. And that's factZ.

Niffleheim

Very creepy issue. Mutant Supremacy has taken over even the heroic mutants

Steve will want visiting rights to visit his daughters once Weapon X reveals he is the Cuckoos daddy

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This is probably why Xavier sent Emma to deal with diplomacy matters. She's dealt with mind shields before, and she just needs to put some persuasions in their minds. Plus she's not afraid of doing it.

Wakanda and Latveria were notably not influenced by Emma since they voted against. I'm pretty sure their anti TP tech is better than say Russia's
    Emma only needed the security council to allow the vote. Once it got past their veto, they knew they had the votes from their partners. That's why the Russian ambassador was key.

Anyone who’s hung up on souls as a thing that exists in Marvel canon, I think should just read it as though this process is so complete that the soul follows the Cerebro archive to the new body. Also since there are so many examples cited elsewhere in this thread of clones being confirmed to have souls, my read is that all clones have souls, but if the clone is redundant or significantly altered from the original, then it has its own soul and not the original’s soul.

Although my head-canon goes even further in that I take all souls in Marvel as just a spiritual representation of all the things Cerebro is described as recording. Xavier has his scientific way of dealing with the totality of a person’s essence and more spiritual figures like those in Limbo (or Marvel heaven) have theirs. But it’s all the same essence.

I think Hickman’s anticipation of these questions accounts for the strong language Magneto uses to describe what Cerebro records... Hickman is basically telling us “whatever you need to consider these characters the real deal, that’s what this is.”

There’s an interesting line in one of the data pages that describes how the Eva element prevents the variables introduced by traditional cloning. As if to underscore that Madelyne (for example) is her own person with her own soul, but this Jean is THE Jean. (Of course the complete transfer of Jean’s essence is more relevant than the body; I just thought it interesting how thorough they were! And the fact that they go out of their way to confirm a death so there’s only one of anyone at a time...)