Page 41 of 161 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Five seems to be a repeating number in X-men mythos. I wonder if Hickman is intentionally playing with this detail.

05, Phoenix 5, The Five, the Lights, Force Warriors. If you stretch it even the major players in HoX are five; Xavier, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Apocalpyse, Moira.
    5 cuckoos too.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Seriously, how did they accomplish building the astral base and get there and back without serious military funding. I wouldn't be surprised if there are tons of representatives from the American, Russian, and Chinese governments that were working together in the Orchis organization.

They weren't entirely rogue, they were disavowed in case they failed, but I am sure they had support from several world governments.
    It'd be naive to think they didn't tbqh.

If X-Men history has taught us anything it's that no poweful nation is above building panic Sentinels.

spoilers for brunch of x the x-men all move into my mom's basement and i start to sleep on magneto's chest #GloriousNewLunch #FaceTheFuture
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Sticking with my theory that we're seeing a different life than the current 616.

If we aren't and this is the main MU, then Hickman has his voices all wrong for everyone, and this will likely be the way the X-Men leave the planet or whatever that old rumour was about the mutants going away from everyone else
    Looking at the Cover for PoX #6 i'm going to agree with you and say this is Life 10.
    Life 11 is 616. And we NOW know how things can go.

BANNED

Sticking with my theory that we're seeing a different life than the current 616.

If we aren't and this is the main MU, then Hickman has his voices all wrong for everyone, and this will likely be the way the X-Men leave the planet or whatever that old rumour was about the mutants going away from everyone else
    Why would they move off-planet? They have their own island. And it's definitely taking place in 616 since Krakoa and the mutant boom been referenced in Invaders.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    So you really think all those heroes simply just don't care at all?

There are tons of times where major things happen and heroes from other teams aren't there, are we to assume it's because they don't care?
    Huh? What does it matter what I think? I'm talking about what characters think, who exist in the fiction, which is a shared universe.

Do I think it's reasonable for a mutant character to think "the human superheroes are never around while we're constantly getting lynched, bombed, and giant robotted--this sucks, why don't they ever help us!?"

Do I think it's reasonable for a mutant character to be angry about the near-complete lack of support of the human superheroes and their allied government agencies?

Yes, I think that's perfectly reasonable--empathetic, even.

It would be bland, shallow writing if they did not have those thoughts or feelings. Imagine a Marvel Universe where there wasn't that tension between the different teams and individual heroes. No thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    spoilers for brunch of x the x-men all move into my mom's basement and i start to sleep on magneto's chest #GloriousNewLunch #FaceTheFuture
    That's cool, but I get to sleep on his back.

SO many pages already!
    >Beautiful art.
    >Immortal mutants? OK. I'm honestly not thrilled with the idea but OK. As long as it brings back our deceased favourites.
    >Speaking of which... Synch and Mimic got mentioned! Welcome back, guys!
    >Once the world knows that mutants have cured death, they'll want in on it or they'll try even harder to murder every last mutant.
    >X-Cult? As a proud cultist, even I'M a bit creeped out by all this.
    >The casual nudity, as was mentioned before, was very Claremontian.
    >I'm annoyed that Archangel and Husk didn't get good deaths OR good resurrections.
    >Apocalypse and the birds reminds me of Doomsday and the bird.
    >I'm really unsure how the 'evil' mutants are going to fit into whatever new society Xavier is building. The ones who robbed banks? Sure. The ones who suck life from other beings and enjoy it? The ones who want to sacrifice millions to reach godhood? This is a time bomb waiting to explode.

Favourite panel...
    cycwolv.jpg
    ...with perv Husk watching...
    hx1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    No, Bro... wtf... No they frikkenn didn't.

Mad scientists did that ****. Rogue members of international organizations, did that. A.I.M. Hydra... Hammer... Disgraced or Rogue Shield...

Not "HUMANITY".

And... again this is the same justification for every bs invasion since 911.

12 dudes commit extremism... letd invade and occupy that home country.

I mean seriously. Some people need to stop moralizing and admit you just want to read books about the brotherhood of evil mutants.

Honestly... it's not even that big a deal... the PUNISHER has a book. So it's fine I'd that's what you want. Really.

It's not what I want. Now what I've been rooting for all these years.

This is as close to Magnetos dreams since house if M.

XAVIER'S PLAN WOULD HAVE WORKED FINE IF NOT FOR ALL THE JERK MUTANTS STARTING WITH MAGNETO
    Again no... the federal government didnt. It tells you in the book who did.
    Also they didnt build it they hijacked the Hammer of Sol from new avengers on of the weapons used to save our world from incursions.

I quote that because there was some editing work and I do not expect you guys to be so on go.

Miss me with that “it’s just a few bad apples” garbage. It’s always been systemic
    And no... because the same logic trumps using to say build the wall.
    Some of those skittles will kill you bs.
    Its evil its justifying being the bad guys.
    Miss me with that all of them are bad talk.

It literally explains where all that stuff came from in the book so...
    Do we need receipts about where the Hammer of Sol came from and who was involved?
    I dunno maybe u missed the issue, but its laughable and
    .. well evil to justify dominate a people declare X people your enemies because...
    Those guys over there did something.

Shrug.
    Last edited by Midnight_v; 09-18-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    And that's factZ.
    Well let's see. The humans learned that in 20 years the mutants would outnumber them so they created a Mother Mold near the sun (so it wouldn't be easily detected). This is a machine that creates more machines that creates machines specifically created to end mutants. This is their answer to the mutants eventually outnumbering them. Factz.

Seems like a threat to me and Magneto, as he always has, threatened back.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Five seems to be a repeating number in X-men mythos. I wonder if Hickman is intentionally playing with this detail.

05, Phoenix 5, The Five, the Lights, Force Warriors. If you stretch it even the major players in HoX are five; Xavier, Magneto, Mr Sinister, Apocalpyse, Moira.
    omg five of the only x-men gnerations that matter: O5, ANAD, New Mutants, Gen X, Academy X

mind blown

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why would they move off-planet? They have their own island. And it's definitely taking place in 616 since Krakoa and the mutant boom been referenced in Invaders.
    Because they are basically sounding like villains at this point.

Hickman is pushing them in to beyond Bendis level world conquerors. They're going to get kicked out at this point for being aggressively forward in their 'we are superior' stuff. However justified you may feel it is.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Mighty Member

Why is Emplate there?

The guy eats mutants.

That's his power. Not people, specifically mutants

BANNED

Hickman is pushing them in to beyond Bendis level world conquerors. They're going to get kicked out at this point for being aggressively forward in their 'we are superior' stuff. However justified you may feel it is.
    They haven't really doing anything villainous yet. Their wrecking of the pharmaceutical industry is arguably one of the most heroic things they've ever done.

Sounding like villains? Have we been reading the same books?