Page 46 of 161 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    The goal of the oppressed is not to become the oppressors.
    Agreed. If they wanted to oppress humanity, I don't think they would be offering them medicine in hopes of trade deals to coexist. That's not to say some of the mutants wouldn't love to oppress humanity (we know who they are) but so far I don't see them turning into oppressors. So far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. If they wanted to oppress humanity, I don't think they would be offering them medicine in hopes of trade deals to coexist. That's not to say some of the mutants wouldn't love to oppress humanity (we know who they are) but so far I don't see them turning into oppressors. So far.
    Anyone who does not take their deal is considered to be naturally adversarial. I.E., did not accept terms of surrender.

So Cerebro isn’t so much a cybernetic amplifier for Charles’ telepathy —as a cybernetic replication of Moira’s resurrection mutation and repository for mutant minds. Interesting and terrifying.

I assume Husk will have Moira’s mind, and it will be her 11th and final life.

Astonishing Member

It's also not to get massacred at every turn by genocidal robots and bigots.

Who are they oppressing? I don't see the mutants killing humans in droves, throwing them into concentration camps, experimenting on them, or enacting laws that limit or outright deny their existence.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    So Cerebro isn’t so much a cybernetic amplifier for Charles’ telepathy —as a cybernetic replication of Moira’s resurrection mutation and repository for mutant minds. Interesting and terrifying.

I assume Husk will have Moira’s mind, and it will be her 11th and final life.
    Could they not clone Moiras ability

That’s.............not the goal. The goal is to survive and be able to freely be yourself without punishment. The Gay Liberation Movement, Black Lives Matter, GATE, feminist movements, and disabled groups all are far more worried about their right to live.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    ...They were building and retasking genocidal death machines?? Is this really the hill you want to die on?
    They are retasking them because they know of Xavier's plan to take over the world. It is slightly a between the lines kind of plot point, but we are told Orchis is activated in response to a threat and told what that threat is: human extinction. I am not here to defend mutant hunting robots, but let's not pretend they were not built because the people they are hunting are often walking weapons themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Well sure, but then you’d clone her power. The graphic says they’ve never experimented placing a different mind in a subject husk. It’s too obvious to not be foreshadowing.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Anyone who does not take their deal is considered to be naturally adversarial. I.E., did not accept terms of surrender.
    This.

And of course... I'm not ignoring everything magneto says and does.
    Freeing sabertooth after a near sanctioned multiple murder spree
    Mind wiping at the UN to force the nations to bend to their will (whatever that happens to be)

Seems to me like
    What would doctor doom do
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Exactly they supposedly have this big wide database for Mutant DNA I can't imagine they wouldn't have Moira or Destiny's DNA on file.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Exactly they supposedly have this big wide database for Mutant DNA I can't imagine they wouldn't have Moira or Destiny's DNA on file.
    That makes a lot of sense to Make sure we get a loop that works
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

That makes a lot of sense to Make sure we get a loop that works
    Would you prefer the solution at the end of Rosenbergs run. Make everyone forget mutants exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The Mother Mold head went into the sun, not the station. Scott watched it happen then he was murdered out of revenge for the husband's suicide, and then Jean was killed. The station mostly survived, no thanks to the agent who set off the bomb. He rather have died than let the mutants destroy the very thing that was made to destroy them.
    This. Had everything gone to plan the X-Men would have gotten in and out without any casualties on either side.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Well sure, but then you’d clone her power. The graphic says they’ve never experimented placing a different mind in a subject husk. It’s too obvious to not be foreshadowing.
    I bet someone with more sinister leanings has experimented with it.

This.

And of course... I'm not ignoring everything magneto says and does.
    Freeing sabertooth after a near sanctioned multiple murder spree
    Mind wiping at the UN to force the nations to bend to their will (whatever that happens to be)

Seems to me like
    What would doctor doom do
    I get the feeling we'll be seeing what mutant justice looks like on Krakoa. Hickman made that Creed scene pretty big for a reason.
    And was anyone at the UN mindwiped for sure? Charles warned Emma of the consequences of doing so and she, as usual, played coy.