Page 47 of 161 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

I hope they bring back the siege courageous

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Did everyone note the bit that alludes to the no duplicates rule being relaxed for X-FORCE? Multiple Quires?
    Where was that? I totally missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    That makes a lot of sense to Make sure we get a loop that works
    With, Destiny, Magik, and Tempus, they could have Destiny see the future, than send Magik to that future to confirm and than with Tempus help rewrite that future until they get the result they want. Similar to how Magik used her time travel powers to get her soul back and killed the elder gods.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I hope they bring back the siege courageous
    I'm definitely expecting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    This.

And of course... I'm not ignoring everything magneto says and does.
    Freeing sabertooth after a near sanctioned multiple murder spree
    Mind wiping at the UN to force the nations to bend to their will (whatever that happens to be)

Seems to me like
    What would doctor doom do
    Hey, if it helps to ensure survival, then I got zero problems with it. Morality has no place over survival. There's no room for traditional heroism here. Why keep helping the oppressor when they have shown the world who they really are?

idk how they would explain Destiny, but it makes sense to me that they'd be keeping Moira's abilities and past lives as a secret to everyone else. Specially since if word got out, Moira could be a target. If she wasn't already... the fact she hasn't been shown makes me think Xavier/Magneto stashed her somewhere cause she might had different views than them at this point.

Or this "life" is the one leading to her getting the database from Nimrod in the far future, and she is just in hibernation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    In the information pages.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They are retasking them because they know of Xavier's plan to take over the world. It is slightly a between the lines kind of plot point, but we are told Orchis is activated in response to a threat and told what that threat is: human extinction. I am not here to defend mutant hunting robots, but let's not pretend they were not built because the people they are hunting are often walking weapons themselves.
    It was said that humans calculated that mutants would outnumber them in 20 years, that's why they built the Mother Mold. As a preventive measure? Maybe. But the X-Men went there to destroy the machine, not the station. Scott didn't have to be shot point blank in the head. They could have let him leave. Same with Jean. They could have called off the drones and let her go. They didn't.

Mighty Member

I'm curious as to how Mutants will in turn treat the advent of Sentient AI.

Which has been gaining traction a lot recently.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    There are some exceptions in the restrictions section. One exception talks about the group that will determine if people are dead or not, which kind of sounds like the purpose of X-Force, but maybe that will actually be the purpose of Fallen Angels? The other exception talks about allowing dupes during "FORCE" initiatives (can't remember the exact wording here) that seems to be suggesting X-Force, but might just end up referring to something that happens outside of that specific book.

Fantastic Member

The thing I *love* about this series is that it is doing something I don't feel previous runs *ever* really did well...make mutants and mutant culture distinct from other superheroes. While the X-Men have always been an allegory, it was a weird allegory in that Marvel is *so full* of superheroes that it never made sense to me why humans would ever hate or be concerned about mutants when they were basically superheroes with an arbitrary extra designation. *This*...this is unique. It definitely takes Morrison's run and amps it to the next level. Love love love it.

Astonishing Member

They are retasking them because they know of Xavier's plan to take over the world. It is slightly a between the lines kind of plot point, but we are told Orchis is activated in response to a threat and told what that threat is: human extinction. I am not here to defend mutant hunting robots, but let's not pretend they were not built because the people they are hunting are often walking weapons themselves.
    And yet they were still driven to the brink of extinction by a bunch of flatscans. Miss me with that "the fear is justified" bs.

Xavier isn't trying to "take over the world" he's just trying to carve out a tiny slice of the pie for Mutantkind (like he did in a previous life before Humans sent Sentinels to murder them. Again.)

I find much more incriminating that there's a secret organization who's sole purpose is to kill mutants when they start getting "uppity".

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It was said that humans calculated that mutants would outnumber them in 20 years, that's why they built the Mother Mold. As a preventive measure? Maybe. But the X-Men went there to destroy the machine, not the station. Scott didn't have to be shot point blank in the head. They could have let him leave. Same with Jean. They could have called off the drones and let her go. They didn't.
    Yeah I am not defending them. I did not find them sympathetic, but the one who shot Scott just experienced her husband being killed by the X-Men and was prodded by that Omega sentinel.

One exception talks about the group that will determine if people are dead or not, which kind of sounds like the purpose of X-Force, but maybe that will actually be the purpose of Fallen Angels?
    I kinda loved the meta of all that. How many times have posters on here debated whether someone was dead or not? Mutants must now confirm someone is dead before hatching a new duckling. Brilliant.

Anyone who does not take their deal is considered to be naturally adversarial. I.E., did not accept terms of surrender.
    Given that part of that deal included recognizing Krakoa as a sovereign nation, that's completely reason. When one nation refuses to recognize the other as legitimate, that is a naturally adversarial relationship.

Xavier doesn't have a plan to take over the world, he has a plan to resuscitate the mutant race and ensure it's survival. In the long-term, mutants are more advantageous and will out-compete humanity, sure, especially as humans continue to birth mutants. But there's no implication that Xavier and Krakoa are angling towards mutant genocide.

Humans aren't afraid of dying, they're afraid of being replaced. That is not enough to justify any element of Orchis' plans.