Page 5 of 161 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

It's either 'cult' or whatever people are saying or going instinct. I'm not seeing the problem here...

question does someone like Stacy X kill herself so she can come back as a mutant?

Also props to person a bleeding cool who mutants spoil this stuff months back but Immortal mutants sounded so batshit crazy that no one took it seriously

Oh and Wakanda sucks. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

In this issue (and series) we learn what would happen if Xavier joined the Hellfire Club. By that I mean becoming a mutant industrialist with global agenda. He still won’t take off that helmet even while attending a UN cocktail party. Something not right...

Storm’s “ritual leader voice” was in character if you consider the time she addressed the Morlocks after taking leadership from Callisto. But yeah, I’m not cool with X-Men behaving like a autocratic cult. That was Inhumans’ gig and their “lording over everyone” posture was what prevented me from caring about any of the characters.

Reading the fine print — Proteus gets resurrected using Xavier's DNA? I guess that means he was Xavier’s kid all along? Where is Moira? Oh and, resurrecting Cyclops without the ability to control his blast? He lost control as kid when he hit his head. But resurrecting Wolverine with adamantium? Interesting choices.

How do resurrections work if Gold Balls is killed?

Besides that congrats mutants you are now enslaved in Xavier’s dream for an eternity. You will be resurrected again and again whether you like it or not.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-18-2019 at 06:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A couple things I was thinking:

1. The 5 starting to become a sort of "hive mind" after using their powers together kind of not so implicitly links it to the whole Phalanx thing imo.

2. The resurrection scene and Storm gave a big cult-y, creepy vibe. I like that Hickman stated multiple times that the soul is the same so we will avoid months of "are they the real deal" conspiracy theories on this board lol. And he also took into account to possibility of duplicates which is nice.

3. I like that it set up X-Force and Marauders. Pretty sure the Marauders will be shipping the drugs under Emma's founding and diplomatic coverage. I also liked how she and Charles interacted with each other.

4. I know they are all united under Krakoa now but I can't see people like Selene or Emplate either being accepted so easily or being kept in check with just a promise of a mutant land. Emplate freaking feeds on mutants and Selene is as shady as they come. I wonder if they have some sort of police force on the island.

5. There was a lot of talk about why Moira married Joseph in this life, and I think that she knew that it would produce Proteus and that they could use him for resurrection (maybe she did not foreshadow him needing a body and going crazy).

6. Sync is back ☺️
    5 i wonder about. Like is proteus really charle's son and not Joseph. I only thought it because on the data sheet it says Proteus' back up bodies are all made from Xavier's dna.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Why? After the crap the X-men have gone through would any question a peaceful homeland for mutants? The fun questions begin Krakoa is full then what but right now bring back all dead mutants to life, A safe place for mutants, a united mutant nation. Why shouldn't everyone be on board?
    Oh I don't know...the way it is being achieved? Threats to humanity, mental persuasion, alliances with villains.

I think it is fair & accurate that some, if not many, have been molded by the years of hatred & hurt toward mutants & totally embrace this new way of life. But all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Storm’s “ritual leader voice” was in character if you consider the time she addressed the Morlocks after taking leadership from Callisto. But yeah, I’m not cool with X-Men behaving like a autocratic cult. That was Inhumans’ gig and their “lording over everyone” posture was what prevented me from caring about any of the characters.

Reading the fine print — Proteus gets resurrected using Xavier's DNA? I guess that means he was Xavier’s kid all along? Where is Moira? Oh and, resurrecting Cyclops without the ability to control his blast? He lost control as kid when he hit his head. But resurrecting Wolverine with adamantium? Interesting choices.
    You beat me to it with the Proteus thing but that stood out to me immediately too.

Also if you think about it society in of itself is nothing but a cult. It's the individuals that stand out to make it more.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Apocalypse, Frenzy, Daken, Random, Emplate, Lady Mastermind, Marrow, Black Tom, Sinister, Shogun, Forearm, Wildside, Selene, Sebastian Shaw, Exodus, Mesmero, Animax, Mentallo, Masque, and Azazel??
    Thumbelina and Briquette better not be far off.

I wonder why Frenzy was with the villains when she's been an X-Man for a long time. She even had her classic villain look (though to be fair, she was wearing that in Uncanny a few months ago, too).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    A new status quo. Which would you prefer?
    A point of telling me what this end goal is gonna be. I'm tired of hickman's shenanigans. Cause otd all just standard ass hickman

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    This was a very interesting issue. You can tell a lot of thought went into this whole resurrection/immortality process.

Art was beautiful! I loved disheveled Monet. Paige needs to watch out though, she was sporting Illyana's signature bangs & length.

Also, what the hell was up with cult leader Ororo? Seemed very OOC
    It seemed very resident Goddess to me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    You beat me to it with the Proteus thing but that stood out to me immediately too.
    I foolishly barely considered that.

The real question here is why is Proteus onboard but #1 indicates Legion/David is not yet aligned with the mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    A lot to process here. I'm torn between "this is genius" and "this is a creepy cult not relatable at all and Storm sounds like a lunatic".
    They are playing up the themes very loud and intentionally.

I mean mutant controlled Genosha was a dictatorship with a cult of personality around Magneto and even then it was more of a straight mutant nationalist feel with a militarist component then a revolutionary or cult like mutant feel. This feels more like the revolutionary nationalism of young states that believe anything is possible and believe in themselves without question.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-18-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Thumbelina and Briquette better not be far off.

I wonder why Frenzy was with the villains when she's been an X-Man for a long time. She even had her classic villain look (though to be fair, she was wearing that in Uncanny a few months ago, too).
    Yeah, it was weird to see both her and Marrow with the villains. They've both been more or less on the side of the angels for years.

BANNED

No one's talking about this.
    Screenshot_20190918-191132~2.jpg

Amazing Member

I just read the issue. Hickman is a brilliant and careful writer, so he has to know that on a theological/metaphysical level, the strike team in still dead. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but in Marvel continuity, the immortal soul is literally cannon. So, despite the fact that Magneto used the Greek philosophical term “anima” to suggest it’s really them, it’s not. They are still dead. They are just glorified clones with uploaded memories, and their souls are still in the afterlife.