Page 58 of 161 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Krakoa Five process has more steps and relies on more people

Congrats Xavier you invented inefficiency
    And there are some quality control issues...

4D3373D4-4688-4278-A09C-2372E84058B0.jpg

0AA55D7A-07A2-41BF-B478-7F35F11B037F.jpg

BANNED

The moral gray area and ominous ambiguity are the points of the run. It feels like both a cult and a revolution and it is both uplifting and foreboding. Some people don't like ambiguity in books where they've gotten used to baseball games at the school and the same old schlock.

I guess having a group of four teenagers and a body-hopping murderer ressurecting people through an ceremony was probably a bit more marketable than the Sinister way of keeping a thousand Gambit clones saying "chérie" trapped somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Krakoa Five process has more steps and relies on more people

Congrats Xavier you invented inefficiency
    Sinister makes Clone's Xavier is rebirthing X-Men ala Moira going back to her fetus self. It's like right there in her powers mutant body (why they call it a husk or shell) and consciousness= the totality of a mutant. I don't think you can just put their consciousness in any body and their soul returns. And again X-Men history shows when their body is repaired or restored their souls aren't far behind. Perhaps mutant souls mutated as well.

I also think the duplicate problem will touch on what happened with Moira in life six when she went into a coma and then presumably died in life 5
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

"Grrr, when Hickman has other characters speaking succinctly, that's just his style! When we do it, we're brainwashed! Not fair, Bub! When other nations and their kings do shady stuff, it's for their people first! When we do it, it's because we're a cult! Really makes me want a beer! Whadda you think, Jeanie?!"

"You are screaming in my new ear."
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Am I the only person with the “I absolutely love this series but can’t recommend it” mentality? I mean the more I read, the more I find it harder to recommend it to any casual superhero fans. It’s a very heavy series that was supposed to be a jumping on point for “new readers” but I could easily see people just being completely overwhelmed by everything going on especially the recent developments in this issue with the X-men being reborn.
    I've never read an X-Men comic and seriously enjoying HoX/PoX. My only exposure to the mythos is the movies, so you can imagine how tainted it is. So I think it's doing it's job especially if you have a basic idea of who the X-Men are. But I have had to do some further reading. Regardless I think that's the point. This is a good way to get someone new very interested in the book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    I guess having a group of four teenagers and a body-hopping murderer ressurecting people through an ceremony was probably a bit more marketable than the Sinister way of keeping a thousand Gambit clones saying "chérie" trapped somewhere.
    Wait, you mean he doesn't?

BANNED

If it's a religious process, it's easier to make people willing to protect the five. It's also way more spectacular. You keep the Sinister method, people will either go for "who cares, just copy that dude's notes" or "my very own clone, now neither of us will be a virgin".

So let's go with the less gross and more empathetic option of five fellas becoming Bff's while part of a controlled process.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I've never read an X-Men comic and seriously enjoying HoX/PoX. My only exposure to the mythos is the movies, so you can imagine how tainted it is. So I think it's doing it's job especially if you have a basic idea of who the X-Men are. But I have had to do some further reading. Regardless I think that's the point. This is a good way to get someone new very interested in the book.
    This whole book probably does read very weird to us more established fans because, you know what? I likedthe baseball games.

Hickman took someone like gold balls and made him relevant...wow. I stan Tempus and Lorna and Magneto panels have me ok with her being his only child, let the twins go it’s cool they would just bring drama into the equation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Getting clone conspiracy 2 vibes and days of future past not that the later aspect played much of a role in this issue. However I do wonder how it will come crashing down. Rise of Krakoa podspeople? Surtur putting the whole place to torch using the twilight sword? Return of Arrako to assimilate Krakoa? Possibilities are endless....
    Arrako is already coming back in future solitics and Surtur probably is not far away.

When Thanos comes back to life and the X-Men have beat death so he's gotta pull up to Earth for more Hickman events.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Wait, you mean he doesn't?
    He sure does!

(The phalanx reference... Hickman's run is basically the spiritual sucessor to Gillen's isn't it)

Extraordinary Member

He sure does!

(The phalanx reference... Hickman's run is basically the spiritual sucessor to Gillen's isn't it)
    Thank God!

He sure does!

Hickmans run is pretty much a spiritual successor to Carey’s, Morrison and gillen’s run