Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Remember the “dead wood” thread where we talked about how writers would rather give a story to a popular at the risk of retconning them than build up a newer and probably blank slate hero?

That’s why I hate the idea of “Johnny being bi”.
    Johnny being bi wouldn't take anything anyway from a theroretical "new hero". Plus he's on a the Fantastic Four, not the Avengers or X-Men with their rotating rosters so it's not like he's taking anyone's place or anything.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Didn't say you. Said that example was.

Kind of wish there was some kind of on page indicator for when characters like Daken were using pheromone powers. Like how Wallflower had sometimes.
    Damn. Now I feel like an frikken ignoramus. Please forgive me.

Kind of wish there was some kind of on page indicator for when characters like Daken were using pheromone powers. Like how Wallflower had sometimes
    I agree, but thats the prolbem when they don't show it. Its mostly percieved to be "Just ON" making people like them.
    Yeah, I’m straight.” is probably how you do it without overdoing it and sounding homophobic.
    I don't know... If it were that simple Sony wouldn't have made those documents.

Stan Lee wouldn't have made that statement. . .

I wouldn’t mind, if Peter Parker had originally been black, a Latino, an Indian or anything else, that he stay that way,” Lee told Newsrama. “But we originally made him white. I don’t see any reason to change that.”

“I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly,” he adds. “But again, I don’t see any reason to change the sexual proclivities of a character once they’ve already been established. I have no problem with creating new, homosexual superheroes. It has nothing to do with being anti-gay, or anti-black, or anti-Latino, or anything like that. Latino characters should stay Latino. The Black Panther should certainly not be Swiss. I just see no reason to change that which has already been established when it’s so easy to add new characters. I say create new characters the way you want to.”
    Coupled with
    Why Stan Lee never made any gay superheroes...

So I mean... really...

Yeah, I’m straight.” is probably how you do it without overdoing it and sounding homophobic.
    Seems redundant to have to say that for EVERY SINGLE STAN LEE created character but... the more you know etc.

Stan Lee never created a gay hero... I mean wow... I thought he made northstar. Mind Blown.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Also, can we stop with saying slash-fiction. Because I don't read slash-fiction (I had to look the definition up just now).

That's not the reason why I'm saying that Johnny should be bi. So please don't attempt to reduce what I'm saying by calling my reasoning "slash-fiction".

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Damn. Now I feel like an frikken ignoramus. Please forgive me.

I agree, but thats the prolbem when they don't show it. Its mostly percieved to be "Just ON" making people like them.

I don't know... If it were that simple Sony wouldn't have made those documents.

Stan Lee wouldn't have made that statement. . .

Coupled with
    Why Stan Lee never made any gay superheroes...

So I mean... really...

Seems redundant to have to say that for EVERY SINGLE STAN LEE created character but... the more you know etc.

Stan Lee never created a gay hero... I mean wow... I thought he made northstar. Mind Blown.
    And now you are coming off as phobic.
    Trying REALLY hard to argue against LGBT characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Today in "Not to sound homophobic but..."
    My response was a legiment response to the thread. The reasoning for turning a historically straight character gay at this point are VERY slim. There are so many already now, to the point that almost every other new character is on the LBGT specturm.

Besides why are you so threaten by straight people....Maybe your just Straightophobic *shrug*

Whatever at this point Marvel should just make all their characters LGBT so they have less excuses not to focus on better story telling. Seeing as Iceman's 3 solo chances at bat after coming out. But it probably made him less popular/likeable due to the story mostly focusing on who he likes to sleep with then actually saving the world, being a hero, or any other reason the average superhero comic consumer goes to buy a book. *Double shrug*
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-19-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    My response was a legiment response to the thread. The reasoning for turning a historically straight character gay at this point are VERY slim. There are so many already now, to the point that almost every other new character is on the LBGT specturm.
    You seem to have phased out of your home dimension. Contact your local authorities for assistance in returning.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Besides why are you so threaten by straight people....Maybe your just Straightophobic *shrug*

Whatever at this point Marvel should just make all their characters LGBT so they have less excuses not to focus on better story telling. Seeing as Iceman's 3 solo chances at bat after coming out. But it probably made him less popular/likeable due to the story mostly focusing on who he likes to sleep with then actually saving the world, being a hero, or any other reason the average superhero comic consumer goes to buy a book. *Double shrug*
    To quote Mr. Skywalker...
    Amazing, every word of what you just said... was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    You seem to have phased out of your home dimension. Contact your local authorities for assistance in returning.

Fantastic reply

This is the current running list on Wikipedia

Category:LGBT superheroes
    About this page
    Read in another language
    Watch
    Edit
    Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable. This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, pages and should mainly contain subcategories.
    This category is for LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender) superheroes.
    See also: Category:LGBT supervillains
    Subcategories
    This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.

D
    DC Comics LGBT superheroes‎ (58 P)
    M
    Marvel Comics LGBT superheroes‎ (29 P)
    Pages in category "LGBT superheroes"
    The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).

A
    Aikku Jokinen
    Alpha Centurion
    The Ambiguously Gay Duo
    Angela (comics)
    Anima (comics)
    Anole (comics)
    Apollo (comics)
    Kaldur'ahm
    Artemis of Bana-Mighdall
    Aruna (comics)
    Asami Sato
    B
    Danielle Baptiste
    Claire Bennet
    Black Condor
    Bling!
    Blithe (comics)
    Cullen Bloodstone
    Brat Pack (comics)
    Bunker (comics)
    C
    Captain Astro
    Chalice (superhero character)
    Chemical King
    Grace Choi
    Citizen Cold
    Coagula
    Cobweb (comics)
    Alternative versions of Colossus
    Creote
    Hero Cruz
    Curtis Holt (Arrowverse)
    D
    Dawnstar
    Karolina Dean
    Demolition Man (comics)
    Salu Digby
    Doop (comics)
    E
    Element Lad
    Extraño
    F
    Flatman (comics)
    Freedom Ring
    G
    Gabby Kinney
    Giant-Man
    Graymalkin
    H
    Halo (comics)
    Hero (novel)
    Heroes (comics)
    Hiroim
    Tefé Holland
    I
    Icemaiden
    Invisible Kid
    Natasha Irons
    J
    Jackpot (comics)
    Thomas Jagger
    Jericho (comics)
    K
    Jennifer Kale
    Karma (comics)
    Knock Out (Transformers: Prime)
    Korg (comics)
    Korra
    Trini Kwan
    L
    Sara Lance
    Living Lightning
    M
    Madame Fatal
    Mala (Amazon)
    Manhunter (comics)
    Mantra (comics)
    Maxima (comics)
    Midnighter
    Nico Minoru
    Miss Masque
    Mister Terrific (comics)
    Mister Terrific (Michael Holt)
    Moondragon
    Mother Panic
    The Movement (comics)
    N
    Naked Justice
    Nia Nal
    Negative Man
    Neon the Unknown
    Noh-Varr
    Northstar (comics)
    Nubia (comics)
    O
    Obsidian (comics)
    Off-Ramp
    Olympian (comics)
    P
    Painkiller Jane
    Phyla-Vell
    Pied Piper (comics)
    Power Boy
    Josiah Power
    Julie Power
    Princess Bubblegum
    Prodigy (David Alleyne)
    Promethea
    Psylocke
    Pyro (Marvel Comics)
    Q
    Quasar (comics)
    R
    Rage (Queer as Folk)
    Sarah Rainmaker
    Ayla Ranzz
    Rawhide Kid
    Ray (comics)
    Rictor
    S
    Sailor Neptune
    Sailor Uranus
    Alan Scott
    Shatterstar
    Shim'Tar
    Shining Knight
    Takashi 'Shiro' Shirogane
    Jenny Sparks
    Stacy X
    Peter Stanchek (comics)
    Starman (comics)
    Striker (comics)
    Sunpyre
    Swift (comics)
    Kevin Sydney
    T
    Tasmanian Devil (comics)
    Ray (Ray Terrill)
    Thunder (comics)
    Traci Thirteen
    Triumph (comics)
    U
    Ultimate Colossus
    W
    Wiccan (comics)
    X
    Xavin
    Z
    Zephyr (Queer as Folk)
    Zsazsa Zaturnnah

With more being created every couple of months. The "need" is gone for changing straight characters LGBT.

The list of other minority groups is flat out embarsing in comparison so... No I'm on the Mark here.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-19-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

With more being created every couple of months. The "need" is gone for changing straight characters LGBT.

The list of other minority groups is flat out embarsing in comparison so... No I'm on the Mark here.
    No. You're still pretty firmly wrong.

This isn't a Marvel list.... I just saw mention Sailor Neptune and Uranus.

If this is the list of LGBT superheroes from ALL forms of media, it's still a paltry list. Not to mention how many are likely inactive and haven't been used in years. Where is the list of Marvel characters seeing as we're talking about Marvel here.

Heck, I'll make it easier. Give me a list of Fantastic Four related LGBT superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    This isn't a Marvel list.... I just saw mention Sailor Neptune and Uranus.

If this is the list of LGBT superheroes from ALL forms of media, it's still a paltry list. Not to mention how many are likely inactive and haven't been used in years. Where is the list of Marvel characters seeing as we're talking about Marvel here.

Heck, I'll make it easier. Give me a list of Fantastic Four related LGBT superheroes.

Ah your right. Doing this from my phone and the result came up wonky. I will get the list later

But currently Juila Power and I'm fairly certain Dragon Man are gay.

They are in that franchise Soo... There ya go.

Ah your right. Doing this from my phone and the result came up wonky. I will get the list later

But currently Juila Power and I'm fairly certain Dragon Man are gay.

They are in that franchise Soo... There ya go.
    Dragon Man is an android that has shown no sexual attraction and he's not a superhero, he's a part of the supporting cast. Julie Power is a member of Power Pack, she's only currently on the (already cancelled) Future Foundation. She's as related to the FF as Storm or Black Panther.

The Fantastic Four franchise only has one. Tong the Moloid who is transgender. She isn't a superhero and is part of the supporting cast, the Future Foundation. This means that she is often not used and barely gets focus or arcs. A lot of the Future Foundation is like on the "outer ring" of supporting cast importantc. Where they aren't considered as important as Frank and Val and there are too many of them to give proper stories to.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-19-2019 at 02:01 PM.

Umm... a lot of those aren't from Marvel and I don't see what's the big deal with more lgbt characters existing.

There's still representation present though and Power Pack is pretty much young FF.

Not only that the reasoning that out of four characters none of being LGBT is a problem is somewhat faulty logic.

Can you provide a single reason as to why Johnny should be gay, that does not involve representation, because their is some already, or any other reason that does not represent how the character has been proytraed? Give reasons that will help the character grow or be more popular in Superhero Comics. Without "Representation" being the Crux to the point.