Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 213
  1. #136
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Who even knows if Skrulls have genders in the same way we (generally) do, or just straight-up choose them (or get assigned them, based on status or role or whatever).

    It is interesting that so many rank and file 'warrior' or worker Skrull appear as male, and the occasional females tend to be leaders like Veranke or Princess Anele, but that's not a consistent thing either.
    Skrulls are complicated from what I've gathered. There's some that believe they have a 'default' gender that they hatch as and they identify with it no matter the shape but there are others who see things more fluidly.

  2. #137
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Speaking as a bisexual person myself, that's not really how bisexuality works.
    I am using the parameters of a work of serialized fiction, not the RW. Johnny is a character with a long history of relationships with women.....Dorrie Evans, Crystal, Frankie Raye, Alicia, Psionics. What do you see as evidence of his being bi? Seriously, would like to know. IMO, a character that has been written with a certain proclivity shall we say for that long better have a very good reason for change. Some out of the blue random thing doesn't work from a long time reader's perspective. And do you honestly think Dakken is a good example?

  3. #138
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I am using the parameters of a work of serialized fiction, not the RW. Johnny is a character with a long history of relationships with women.....Dorrie Evans, Crystal, Frankie Raye, Alicia, Psionics. What do you see as evidence of his being bi? Seriously, would like to know. IMO, a character that has been written with a certain proclivity shall we say for that long better have a very good reason for change. Some out of the blue random thing doesn't work from a long time reader's perspective. And do you honestly think Dakken is a good example?
    So...you just didn't read most of the thread then?

  4. #139
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    I've made my point in this thread and I'm done.

    Just here to say that Lyja is female and she also sexually assaulted Johnny and then continued to stalk and gaslight him. That is all.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  5. #140
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    So...you just didn't read most of the thread then?
    Yes, I have. Most of it was just off handed remarks that take panels out of context. Everyone has their own head canon, but that doesn't make it a fact.

  6. #141
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I've made my point in this thread and I'm done.

    Just here to say that Lyja is female and she also sexually assaulted Johnny and then continued to stalk and gaslight him. That is all.
    Too bad, because I wanted to ask you what you see in his friendship with Wyatt that allegedly proves your point? Or that panel with Prince Zorba? To be honest, I think there is a stronger case for Doom being at least bi-curious. He was a bit confused about Fem-Loki. And then there was the part about how Victor wanted to team up with Stark, and for his part how Stark couldn't get over how good Victor looked when he had his face restored.

  7. #142
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    687

    Default

    You are bi! You are bi! ........The whole Marvel Universe is bi.

  8. #143
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Too bad, because I wanted to ask you what you see in his friendship with Wyatt that allegedly proves your point? Or that panel with Prince Zorba? To be honest, I think there is a stronger case for Doom being at least bi-curious. He was a bit confused about Fem-Loki.
    I will start by saying my view is an interpretation of moments that I think present Johnny as possibly not being 100% heterosexual. I can respect that people disagree and am fine with it as long as they do it respectfully. Saying things like this is just "fanfiction" or based on "slash-fiction" as way to dismiss someone's opinion is ridiculous and insulting. If we as fans truly see comics as an art form then it's open to interpretations like other forms art. Now there are limits to this because these are often clear-cut stories, but I don't think wondering whether Johnny is not 100% straight is one of those limits. This isn't aimed at you specifically, but at others who commented on this thread.

    Anyway, for your question. The Prince Zorba panel was for the way it was framed with the others paired off in couples with only Johnny there with Zorba making a comment basically saying that he needs to get laid lol. It can come across as flirty and that's how I read it, but I understand those who think otherwise.
    Johnny and Wyatt's interactions seemed a bit closer than friends to me at times, and especially in the current Slott run. I remember quite a few new readers wonder if they were dating, so it wasn't only me that picked up on it. I go into a little more detail in this post: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4101299

    I don't believe any of the panels I presented where taken out of context. That would mean that providing context would change their meaning, Most them already have all the context or providing more context would change nothing. It's more about interpretation and how you interpreted those moments. The thing with interpretation is that people will see things differently and I respect that.

    On the Doom thing, it doesn't make Doom bi-curious as female Loki is viewed as female. He was attracted to Loki in that form because Loki looked like a woman. It would be different if he was attracted to male Loki.

    That's pretty much it and now I'm done with this thread.

    I'll leave this and people can make of it what they will:

    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  9. #144
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    687

    Default

    The same can be said of Daken. . He was pulling the same shit as Lyza. No wonder he is attracted to him and forgives him.

  10. #145
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I will start by saying my view is an interpretation of moments that I think present Johnny as possibly not being 100% heterosexual. I can respect that people disagree and am fine with it as long as they do it respectfully. Saying things like this is just "fanfiction" or based on "slash-fiction" as way to dismiss someone's opinion is ridiculous and insulting. If we as fans truly see comics as an art form then it's open to interpretations like other forms art. Now there are limits to this because these are often clear-cut stories, but I don't think wondering whether Johnny is not 100% straight is one of those limits. This isn't aimed at you specifically, but at others who commented on this thread.

    Anyway, for your question. The Prince Zorba panel was for the way it was framed with the others paired off in couples with only Johnny there with Zorba making a comment basically saying that he needs to get laid lol. It can come across as flirty and that's how I read it, but I understand those who think otherwise.
    Johnny and Wyatt's interactions seemed a bit closer than friends to me at times, and especially in the current Slott run. I remember quite a few new readers wonder if they were dating, so it wasn't only me that picked up on it. I go into a little more detail in this post: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4101299

    I don't believe any of the panels I presented where taken out of context. That would mean that providing context would change their meaning, Most them already have all the context or providing more context would change nothing. It's more about interpretation and how you interpreted those moments. The thing with interpretation is that people will see things differently and I respect that.

    On the Doom thing, it doesn't make Doom bi-curious as female Loki is viewed as female. He was attracted to Loki in that form because Loki looked like a woman. It would be different if he was attracted to male Loki.

    That's pretty much it and now I'm done with this thread.

    I'll leave this and people can make of it what they will:

    Will just have to disagree on the Fem-Loki stuff. But there is more there than what you have with Wyatt IMO. The only FF (former) team member he's interested in is She Hulk.

    Just a suggestion but when you post random panel, name the source. I prefer to go back to the comic myself and read it in context. Or see if it was an AU comic. I've seen people being dishonest about that. Not that I am accusing you. I always name the source of any pages I post. People were notorious about posting the panel in Byrne's run where Reed slaps Sue without putting in the panels leading up to it. That kind of stuff always annoys me.

  11. #146
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,919

    Default

    Unless it states it 100% on panel in an actual book where he says "I like men", then no he is not bi and all the wishfull thinking is just that. You can look back on on almost any character and pull random panels from the last 60 years that imply thing, but that does not make them facts.

  12. #147
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Will just have to disagree on the Fem-Loki stuff. But there is more there than what you have with Wyatt IMO. The only FF (former) team member he's interested in is She Hulk.

    Just a suggestion but when you post random panel, name the source. I prefer to go back to the comic myself and read it in context. Or see if it was an AU comic. I've seen people being dishonest about that. Not that I am accusing you. In the past when I wrote papers while a student, sources were always required. I always name the source of any pages I post.
    Yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

    Cite your sources was practically beaten into my mind back when I was at school. I just got lazy about it when it comes to forums, I'll name the comic along with the panel from now on.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-21-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  13. #148
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Do we really care anymore? Marvel has identified him as bisexual and the only thing we can point two are scenes and materials that, are, at best, subject to confirmation bias. Besides, even if there was a specific scene that only worked one way, that wouldn't stop future writers from locking in one or the other into place as decided then, and what we think is sure as heck not going to count.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  14. #149
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Latverian Embassy
    Posts
    13,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Yeah, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

    Cite your sources was practically beaten into my mind back when I was at school. I just got lazy about it when it comes to forms, I'll name the comic along with the panel from now on.
    Thanks. I changed the tone of my post a bit so as not to sound all professorial, which I am not.

  15. #150
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we really care anymore? Marvel has identified him as bisexual and the only thing we can point to are scenes and materials that, are, at best, subject to confirmation bias. Besides, even if there was a specific scene that only worked one way, that wouldn't stop future writers from locking in one or the other into place as decided then, and what we think is sure as heck not going to count.
    Yeah, it's not going to count, like everything we write in this forum It doesn't count, we are just fans who speculate and it's fun. It's ok if we disagree about Johnny Storm sexuality if it's an polite and well argued manner, it will not change how future writers will perceive him. (But I really think that he is bi)
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •