Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 213
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Umm... a lot of those aren't from Marvel and I don't see what's the big deal with more lgbt characters existing.
    I don't see the big deal either. Not sure why we have to change characters to do it though.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  2. #62
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't see the big deal either. Not sure why we have to change characters to do it though.
    Oops sorry I misresd your post. As for your question I think it's done cause new characters tend to fade into limbo pretty quickly, especially lgbt chars since it's kind of hard for them to appear in media outside of comics

  3. #63
    Spectacular Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    There's still representation present though and Power Pack is pretty much young FF.

    Not only that the reasoning that out of four characters none of being LGBT is a problem is somewhat faulty logic.

    Can you provide a single reason as to why Johnny should be gay, that does not involve representation, because their is some already, or any other reason that does not represent how the character has been proytraed? Give reasons that will help the character grow or be more popular in Superhero Comics. Without "Representation" being the Crux to the point.
    1. No one said he should be gay. The whole point of the thread is that he's bi.
    2. There's not a goddamn limit or quota on something like this.
    3. Can you provide a single reason as to why Johnny should be straight that does not involve "He's dated women" or something similar?
    4. "because their is some already" ...we've covered there's not in the Fantastic 4.


    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I don't see the big deal either. Not sure why we have to change characters to do it though.
    And yet if someone creates a new character...them existing at all will be whined about by some of the very same people complaining about the idea of Johnny being bi.

  4. #64
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    There's still representation present though and Power Pack is pretty much young FF.

    Not only that the reasoning that out of four characters none of being LGBT is a problem is somewhat faulty logic.

    Can you provide a single reason as to why Johnny should be gay, that does not involve representation, because their is some already, or any other reason that does not represent how the character has been proytraed? Give reasons that will help the character grow or be more popular in Superhero Comics. Without "Representation" being the Crux to the point.
    The Power Pack aren't the Fantastic Four. You can't just say "close enough" and be done with it.

    Never said it was a problem.

    I have read several instances which can be read as Johnny being bi and think that it could be cool if it happened. Simple. Representation isn't bad thing and wanting more is not bad, I don't have to give a reason why with such constraints just because you don't like representation being a reason. Especially as you have yet to back up your point which is:

    There are so many already now, to the point that almost every other new character is on the LBGT specturm.
    The burden of proving their point is on yourself, not me.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  5. #65
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oops sorry I misresd your post. As for your question I think it's done cause new characters tend to fade into limbo pretty quickly, especially lgbt chars since it's kind of hard for them to appear in media outside of comics
    Well thats currently incorrect. Since there is a marvel tv/cartoon show filled with new charcters with failed solo and group titles currently on tv today. Not only that but that same group of failed solo title new heroes has two LGBT characters in it...so...yeah.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-19-2019 at 02:39 PM.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The Power Pack aren't the Fantastic Four. You can't just say "close enough" and be done with it.

    Never said it was a problem.

    I have read several instances which can be read as Johnny being bi and think that it could be cool if it happened. Simple. Representation isn't bad thing and wanting more is not bad, I don't have to give a reason why with such constraints just because you don't like representation being a reason. Especially as you have yet to back up your point which is:



    The burden of proving their point is on yourself, not me.
    Its Your thread and your push to change cannon. So yeah it is up to you.

    The idea that out of every group of 4 one of them would/should be gay is false. It be hard to keep a population going of it wore just based of the repoduction aspect.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Captain M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    What type of men do you guys think Johnny is into

  8. #68
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Its Your thread and your push to change cannon. So yeah it is up to you.

    The idea that out of every group of 4 one of them would/should be gay is false. It be hard to keep a population going of it wore just based of the repoduction aspect.
    Already posted my point several times with the panels. While you have given nothing more than saying you don't like it. You've made several statements on how the LGBT community are "the most represented minority group". You've yet to prove that.

    I never said that, so I don't know where you're getting your second point from.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  9. #69
    Spectacular Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Well thats currently incorrect. Since there is a marvel tv/cartoon show filled with new charcters with failed solo and group titles currently on tv today. Not only that but that same group of failed solo title new heroes has two LGBT characters in it...so...yeah.
    Yeah, that's wrong.
    On multiple fronts.

  10. #70
    Moderator Nyssane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    I initially thought no, but damn... Those scans convinced me. Get it, Blizzard!

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Well thats currently incorrect. Since there is a marvel tv/cartoon show filled with new charcters with failed solo and group titles currently on tv today. Not only that but that same group of failed solo title new heroes has two LGBT characters in it...so...yeah.
    Oh really, I didn't know. That's cool. I haven't watched a Marvel cartoon since watxm and avengers emh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What type of men do you guys think Johnny is into
    Nerdy twunks

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    List of Gay Marvel Characters as promised

    AMERICAN ACE [Perry Wade], from All Winner's Squad: Band of Heroes (2011)
    ANGELA aka Aldrif Odinsdottir
    ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]
    BENJAMIN DEEDS
    BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]
    BLOKE [Mikey Tork] (Peter Milligan’s X-force)
    BLOODSTONE [Cullen Bloodstone]
    CANNIBAL, foe of Black Panther
    CAPTAIN FLAME [Frank Cortez], from All Winner's Squad
    CLUSTER, the female Fantomex
    DAKEN [Daken Akihiro]
    DANGER
    "DEADPOOL" [Wade Wilson]
    DESTINY
    ELECTRO [Maxwell 'Max' Dillion]
    ENDO [Meifeng], Weapon X Program
    FANTOMEX [Jean-Phillipe/Charlie-Cluster 7]
    FIRELORD [Pyreus Kril], Herald of Galactus
    FLATMAN [Dr. Val Ventura], Great Lake Avengers
    FREEDOM RING [Curtis Doyle]
    "GAMBIT" [Remy leBeau]
    GIANT MAN [Raz Malhotra]
    GRAYMALKIN [Jonas Graymalkin]
    HERCULES, Prince of Power
    HIROIM THE OLDSTRONG, Warbound
    HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]
    ICEMAN [Robert "Bobby" Drake]
    JACKPOT II [Alana Jobson]
    JENNIFER KALE
    JOYSTICK [Janice Olivia Yanizeski]
    KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]
    KAROLINE DEAN
    KORG, Warbound
    LIGHTSPEED [Julie Powers]
    LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]
    LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief
    MACHINESMITH [Samuel ‘Starr’ Saxon]
    MERCURY [Cessily Kincaid]
    MULTIPLE MAN [James Arthur 'Jamie' Madrox], Madrox’s gay dupe
    MANKILLER [Katrina Luisa vanHorn]
    THE 'MIGHTY' DESTROYER [Roger Aubrey] ~ Golden Age ~
    MIRACLEMAN [Michael Moran]
    MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ
    MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]
    MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]
    NOH-VAR
    NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]
    PHAT [William Robert ‘Billy-Bob’ Reilly]
    PHYLA-VELL
    POD [Aikku Jokinen]
    PRODIGY [David Alleyne]
    "PSYLOCKE" [Elisabeth 'Betsy' Braddock]
    RAWHIDE KID [Johnny Clay]
    RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]
    SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]
    SKEIN [Sybil Dvorak]
    SPYMASTER [Sinclair Abbot]
    STACY-X [Miranda Leevald]
    "STORM" [Queen Ororo Monroe]
    STRIKER [Brandon Sharpe]
    SWORDSMAN II [Andreas vonStrucker]
    TIRESIAS, genderqueer blind Greek profit
    THUNDRA
    TWO-GUN KID [Mark Hawk]
    UNION JACK [Brian Falsworth] ~ Golden Age ~ [MARVEL'S FIRST OPENLY GAY COMPUTER GAME CHARACTER]
    "VALKYRIE" [Brunnhilde]
    VENOMM [Horatio Walters]
    VIVISECTOR [Myles Alfred]
    WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan]
    "WOLVERINE" [James 'Logan' Howlett]
    ???Xavin???
    Agent Kim, Hydra agent and former lover to Daken
    Dr. Annabelle Rigg, Fearless Defenders
    the Ameri-moms, the two mothers of Miss America Charez
    Amy Chen, Silver Sable's Wild Pack
    Arnie Roth, childhood friend of Captain America
    Arnold Astrovik, abusive father of superhero Justice
    Chili Storm, from Millie the Model
    Christian Frost, Emma Frost's brother
    Courier, a man in a female's body (SEE BELOW)
    Finch & Marcus, black married gay couple, friends of Kate Bishop in L.A.
    Frenchie, Moonknight's friend and helicopter pilot
    Gabriel Shepherd, 500 year old mutant from Brian Wood’s X-men, friend of Pixie
    Glorianna, Inhuman with Godlike powers, birthname Rhonda, girlfriend to Jasmine
    Goleta, the Wizard Slayer; from Wierdworld
    Hector, one of the Pantheon Gods
    Ian Soo, telekinetic Inhuman, bisexual, friend of Hellcat
    Ja Kyee "Jackie" Lrurt - self-proclaimed warlord and goddess alien, form Captain Marvel
    Jane Smythe - WHO????
    Jasmine, works for Miguel O'Hara
    Jazinda, daughter of the super-skrull K'lrt
    Jovana a.k.a. SWAIN, an Inhuman
    Koi Boi, trans superhero ally of Squirrel Girl
    Kyle Jinadu, Northstar's husband
    Leah of Hel, ally to Loki
    Lieutenant Flint, ally of Moonkight
    Lola & Rafferty, interracial couple and coworkers with Silk at Fact Channel
    Marlo Chandler (Jones), wife to Rick Jones
    Max Modell, from Superior Spiderman (his partner is named Hector; they married in Amazing Spiderman vol. 4 #1 - 2015)
    Mindmeld, X-force villain and bodyguard to Shinobi Shaw; he is visually male, though referred to as female
    Natasha "Nash" Salvato, karate teacher and girlfriend of Victoria Montesi
    Ren Kimura, Inhuman (dated Annabelle Rigg in Fearless Defenders)
    Sera
    Sharon King, depowered mutant and landlord of 68 Jay Street, tenants include She-Hulk, Howard the Duck and Spiderwoman; married to Ellen King
    Shiklah, Queen of Monster Metropolis, Deadpoo's pansexual wife
    Shinobi Shaw, son of the Hellfire Club's Sebastian Shaw
    Switch - WHO???
    Timothy Cababa, Iron Man
    Tom Hale, gay bookshop owner and childhood friend of Hellcat
    Tong, transgender, participated in Moloids collective crush on She-Hulk
    Taku, Minister of Communications for Wakanda, ally to T'Challa and secret lover of Venomm
    Tracy Burke, Carol Danver's good friend assistant editor
    Twitchy - WHO????
    Ms. Victoria Hand
    Victoria Montesi, Darkhold Redeemer, worked with Midnight Sons
    Wally Layton & Donald Meland, married couple (a cop and a doctor) from Scarlet Spider
    Zoe, highschool friend of Ms. Marvel
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  13. #73
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    List of Gay Marvel Characters as promised

    AMERICAN ACE [Perry Wade], from All Winner's Squad: Band of Heroes (2011)
    ANGELA aka Aldrif Odinsdottir
    ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]
    BENJAMIN DEEDS
    BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]
    BLOKE [Mikey Tork] (Peter Milligan’s X-force)
    BLOODSTONE [Cullen Bloodstone]
    CANNIBAL, foe of Black Panther
    CAPTAIN FLAME [Frank Cortez], from All Winner's Squad
    CLUSTER, the female Fantomex
    DAKEN [Daken Akihiro]
    DANGER
    "DEADPOOL" [Wade Wilson]
    DESTINY
    ELECTRO [Maxwell 'Max' Dillion]
    ENDO [Meifeng], Weapon X Program
    FANTOMEX [Jean-Phillipe/Charlie-Cluster 7]
    FIRELORD [Pyreus Kril], Herald of Galactus
    FLATMAN [Dr. Val Ventura], Great Lake Avengers
    FREEDOM RING [Curtis Doyle]
    "GAMBIT" [Remy leBeau]
    GIANT MAN [Raz Malhotra]
    GRAYMALKIN [Jonas Graymalkin]
    HERCULES, Prince of Power
    HIROIM THE OLDSTRONG, Warbound
    HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]
    ICEMAN [Robert "Bobby" Drake]
    JACKPOT II [Alana Jobson]
    JENNIFER KALE
    JOYSTICK [Janice Olivia Yanizeski]
    KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]
    KAROLINE DEAN
    KORG, Warbound
    LIGHTSPEED [Julie Powers]
    LIVING LIGHTNING [Miguel Santos]
    LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief
    MACHINESMITH [Samuel ‘Starr’ Saxon]
    MERCURY [Cessily Kincaid]
    MULTIPLE MAN [James Arthur 'Jamie' Madrox], Madrox’s gay dupe
    MANKILLER [Katrina Luisa vanHorn]
    THE 'MIGHTY' DESTROYER [Roger Aubrey] ~ Golden Age ~
    MIRACLEMAN [Michael Moran]
    MISS AMERICA CHAVEZ
    MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]
    MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]
    NOH-VAR
    NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]
    PHAT [William Robert ‘Billy-Bob’ Reilly]
    PHYLA-VELL
    POD [Aikku Jokinen]
    PRODIGY [David Alleyne]
    "PSYLOCKE" [Elisabeth 'Betsy' Braddock]
    RAWHIDE KID [Johnny Clay]
    RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]
    SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]
    SKEIN [Sybil Dvorak]
    SPYMASTER [Sinclair Abbot]
    STACY-X [Miranda Leevald]
    "STORM" [Queen Ororo Monroe]
    STRIKER [Brandon Sharpe]
    SWORDSMAN II [Andreas vonStrucker]
    TIRESIAS, genderqueer blind Greek profit
    THUNDRA
    TWO-GUN KID [Mark Hawk]
    UNION JACK [Brian Falsworth] ~ Golden Age ~ [MARVEL'S FIRST OPENLY GAY COMPUTER GAME CHARACTER]
    "VALKYRIE" [Brunnhilde]
    VENOMM [Horatio Walters]
    VIVISECTOR [Myles Alfred]
    WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan]
    "WOLVERINE" [James 'Logan' Howlett]
    ???Xavin???
    Agent Kim, Hydra agent and former lover to Daken
    Dr. Annabelle Rigg, Fearless Defenders
    the Ameri-moms, the two mothers of Miss America Charez
    Amy Chen, Silver Sable's Wild Pack
    Arnie Roth, childhood friend of Captain America
    Arnold Astrovik, abusive father of superhero Justice
    Chili Storm, from Millie the Model
    Christian Frost, Emma Frost's brother
    Courier, a man in a female's body (SEE BELOW)
    Finch & Marcus, black married gay couple, friends of Kate Bishop in L.A.
    Frenchie, Moonknight's friend and helicopter pilot
    Gabriel Shepherd, 500 year old mutant from Brian Wood’s X-men, friend of Pixie
    Glorianna, Inhuman with Godlike powers, birthname Rhonda, girlfriend to Jasmine
    Goleta, the Wizard Slayer; from Wierdworld
    Hector, one of the Pantheon Gods
    Ian Soo, telekinetic Inhuman, bisexual, friend of Hellcat
    Ja Kyee "Jackie" Lrurt - self-proclaimed warlord and goddess alien, form Captain Marvel
    Jane Smythe - WHO????
    Jasmine, works for Miguel O'Hara
    Jazinda, daughter of the super-skrull K'lrt
    Jovana a.k.a. SWAIN, an Inhuman
    Koi Boi, trans superhero ally of Squirrel Girl
    Kyle Jinadu, Northstar's husband
    Leah of Hel, ally to Loki
    Lieutenant Flint, ally of Moonkight
    Lola & Rafferty, interracial couple and coworkers with Silk at Fact Channel
    Marlo Chandler (Jones), wife to Rick Jones
    Max Modell, from Superior Spiderman (his partner is named Hector; they married in Amazing Spiderman vol. 4 #1 - 2015)
    Mindmeld, X-force villain and bodyguard to Shinobi Shaw; he is visually male, though referred to as female
    Natasha "Nash" Salvato, karate teacher and girlfriend of Victoria Montesi
    Ren Kimura, Inhuman (dated Annabelle Rigg in Fearless Defenders)
    Sera
    Sharon King, depowered mutant and landlord of 68 Jay Street, tenants include She-Hulk, Howard the Duck and Spiderwoman; married to Ellen King
    Shiklah, Queen of Monster Metropolis, Deadpoo's pansexual wife
    Shinobi Shaw, son of the Hellfire Club's Sebastian Shaw
    Switch - WHO???
    Timothy Cababa, Iron Man
    Tom Hale, gay bookshop owner and childhood friend of Hellcat
    Tong, transgender, participated in Moloids collective crush on She-Hulk
    Taku, Minister of Communications for Wakanda, ally to T'Challa and secret lover of Venomm
    Tracy Burke, Carol Danver's good friend assistant editor
    Twitchy - WHO????
    Ms. Victoria Hand
    Victoria Montesi, Darkhold Redeemer, worked with Midnight Sons
    Wally Layton & Donald Meland, married couple (a cop and a doctor) from Scarlet Spider
    Zoe, highschool friend of Ms. Marvel
    Wow that list is gonna be torn to shreds by some posters. There are many unconfirmed, dead, and in limbo characters. And that's only looking at the hero side of things...
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

  14. #74
    Astonishing Member DragonsChi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Wow that list is gonna be torn to shreds by some posters. There are many unconfirmed, dead, and in limbo characters. And that's only looking at the hero side of things...
    Ok...so no reasoning for Johnny then. Just based on other characters...good talk.
    The Human Rocket Nova Prime Appreciation Thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2019

    Explain The Appeal ~ Hawkman: http://community.comicbookresources....73#post3725173

    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

  15. #75
    Extraordinary Member Crimz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Ok...so no reasoning for Johnny then. Just based on other characters...good talk.
    I already see that no reason would be deemed "worthy" by you and I have nothing to prove to you. If a poster sincere in wanting to know the reason why asks, I'll answer. But you've made your views very transparent.

    Especially when you claim I posted context-less panels when the very first image I gave context to and most of the rest speak for themselves.
    Get the INVISIBLE WOMAN mini OUT NOW!


    Also check out : The Invisible Woman Appreciation thread!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •