Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    He's clearly attracted to Namor.
    More so than to any woman he's ever interacted with, it seems. (Seriously though, he showed some interest in Storm, but I feel like he admires the same things about her as he does Namor, the sense of royalty, the regal presence they both share.)

I don't think Doom has attractions. He probably recognizes the need to take a wife, at some point, to be queen to his king, and he's got rooms and clothes and scripted appearances all set for her, and a closet to store her in when she's not on his arm.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-22-2019 at 12:39 PM.

They still haven't explained how he impregnated that woman Tony was with. She reacted as if she hadn't slept with Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Unless it states it 100% on panel in an actual book where he says "I like men", then no he is not bi and all the wishfull thinking is just that. You can look back on on almost any character and pull random panels from the last 60 years that imply thing, but that does not make them facts.
    Find me a panel that says “I only like women.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Find me a panel that says “I only like women.”
    Find me a panel that says "I'm bisexual!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Are sexy, half-naked men not allowed to make french toast for their roommates without being accused of degeneracy? Damn these homosexuals for perverting the sanctity of platonic male friendship!

Nope, he's not. Just because some writers threw a line or two that can be interpreted through a certain lens if you want it to,doesn't make it so. There is nothing that explicitly states that he is, so currently he is not.It always could change obviously whoever writes the character can make that determination, but I have never read him as anything other than straight. Typically in FF stories he seems to be extremely attracted to women and seems to make impulsive decision following on that attraction that lead him into trouble, there has never been anything like that in relation to him feeling that way about men. Sure some of the stuff like the panels with Peter that keep popping up in the thread are kinda awkward but I just take that as Johnny being an annoying prankster intentionally irritating his friend and nothing more. Obviously people can read into whatever they want pretty sure no matter how much evidence there is that characters are straight some people look for it to not be that way, I think I have in the time I have been on here see people insuinate the same thing about, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, Captain America, Bucky, Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Spider-Woman, Kitty Pryde, Magneto, Gambit, Nightwing despite none of them ever actually being shown involved in any relationship that would make it so. Kinda seems like pretty much every character has some people who swear that they are something that has never been outright stated or shown in anything other than kinda ambiguous random panels that have never really been followed up on.
    Last edited by regg215; 09-22-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Find me a panel that says "I'm bisexual!"
    Isn't that part of the point some are making?
    That because there is no version of either of those panels, he could be either. And that some of us think he is based on the evidence we've been reading?

The assumption is that doom would sleep with Sif without consent?
    Not sure where the assumption is coming from. He's clearly attracted physically to Sif, just unaware it was Sif. If you're talking about the fantasy, it was literally a power fantasy, a daydream. I doubt anyone here would believe Doom would lower himself to the level of rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not sure where the assumption is coming from. He's clearly attracted physically to Sif, just unaware it was Sif. If you're talking about the fantasy, it was literally a power fantasy, a daydream. I doubt anyone here would believe Doom would lower himself to the level of rapist.
    He used the Purple Man to remove everyone’s free will. Why would anyone doubt it? Because he’s a good guy?

Not because he's a good guy, but because it goes against his own demented moral code. Notice how he didn't go raping and pillaging when he did use the Purple Man's powers, he felt humanity was better off with him ruling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    The thing about the Doom and Lady Loki stuff is that that wasn't the genderfluid Loki we all know and love. That was Old Loki, who was a male, who was using a woman's body partially because he could use it to seduce and confuse men. It was basically a classic trap, something which today would be a rather offensive storyline but which here, ironically, helped give us our current Loki who is genderfluid.
    Isn't is basically the same Loki though? He's just trying to act differently but he's the same guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't is basically the same Loki though? He's just trying to act differently but he's the same guy.
    I'm not sure about how this jumped from Is Johnny bisexual to Is Doom bisexual?

IMO, Maybe for Johnny and I don't think so for Doom.

At same time I don't think that Doom could be interested in Sif at all, he hasn't show interest in her before or after and he knew all the time that the mind in that body was Loki.

Yes he actually felt attraction to Loki but we are talking about a Loki in a female body.

It's a case that "hey we are buddies, we have the same tastes in wine, the same experience with jealousy, both like magic, both are most intelligent that anybody in the respective realm, both feel superior to others, both had complicate morals, and we have fun together. We could be a nice couple if we were sexually compatible, sadly we are not"

And then Loki appears in a hot female body. And Doom gets confused for a bit.

It's like you have a friend who is gay and could be your perfect match, but you are heterosexual so nothing is going to happen.

Then he returns after a while and now he is not only a she but is HOT. You can perfectly feel confused, but still being heterosexual.

but he even acted like Loki. I vividly remember loki and doom sitting at a dinner table. and Loki is just going to town on some poisoned meat; like no table manners at all. was this hot to Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Not because he's a good guy, but because it goes against his own demented moral code. Notice how he didn't go raping and pillaging when he did use the Purple Man's powers, he felt humanity was better off with him ruling them.
    or it isn't as fun to do it without having the overpower the person. isn't that how he lost? he got bored and needed something to fight. and play it all the way out. what if everyone had remained under the thrall of the Purple Man. Doom has physical needs. what would he have done? keep in mind that he has used his position as king to just walk down to the village and choose a companion for kicks. he took full advantage of an amnesic Wanda as well. isn't anyone else curious how he duplicated her body to make that Wanda-bot? I imagine that it came after a very invasive inspection.

but he even acted like Loki. I vividly remember loki and doom sitting at a dinner table. and Loki is just going to town on some poisoned meat; like no table manners at all. was this hot to Doom?
    He, maybe, as I said, Doom finds Loki mentally compatible (but in a male form not physically) Woman-Loki was like the behaviour he liked in a body he also liked so mentally and physically compatible.