Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    he has a thing for brunette sorceresses. it's canon.
    Well duh...I was just pointing out that the dinner story with all the death traps being tossed at Loki was not in a serious vein.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Well duh...I was just pointing out that the dinner story with all the death traps being tossed at Loki was not in a serious vein.
    well that much is true. not sure why he thought the flame throwers would work.

Clint's been dead to me for awhile actually. not for this particular incident. but yeah they both took advantage. at least with Clint, there's the plausible deniability of not being in his right mind.

to even posit this, you'd have to believe that doom was an incompetent roboticist. Clint clearly didn't know that Wanda was a robot. and he didn't make sexual advances towards Wanda. he showed up to confront her about being murdered. Doom created a sex bot to steer people away from the real Wanda. he would have to make that bot realistic enough to fool Wanda's friends; even while she's naked.
    At the time that the Wanda bot was destroyed in the first issue of Children's Crusade, Victor and Wanda had not had been intimate in fact they never were or Wanda would have remembered it. She bore no malice towards Doom when the story ended.

It has never been specifically stated that Clint slept with a Doombot. Sure, people joke about it but the woman he slept with looked like this.

The Doombot looked like this, with no indication of the sophistication of Doom using a much more complex an artificial being. It's strictly "nuts and bolts" functionally and I doubt Doom would create one in anticipation of someone having sex with it.

not sure what you think you're showing me other than that Wanda is easily manipulated. he controlled her so that he could have godlike power. then he used it to kill a teenager before running away like a coward. probably a hypnotic suggestion like he used on the Arthurian times lady. look at that first panel. he's standing behind her like a ventriloquist.
    That's your own interpretation and obviously not the story Heinberg was telling. I doubt if any one else read this and came to the same conclusion that you do with your obvious and long standing bias.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-23-2019 at 12:14 PM.

At the time that the Wanda bot was destroyed in the first issue of Children's Crusade, Victor and Wanda had not had been intimate in fact they never were or Wanda would have remembered it.
    maybe he had an off night. maybe she reminded him too much of his mother. maybe she accidentally called him 'Clint.'

She bore no malice towards Doom when the story ended.
    or course not. she got an expensive ring out of the deal.

It has never been specifically stated that Clint slept with a Doombot. Sure, people joke about it but the woman he slept with looked like this.
    Doom made the robot. it being or not being part of the doombot collection is irrelevant.

The Doombot looked like this, with no indication of the sophistication of Doom using a much more complex an artificial being. It's strictly "nuts and bolts" functionally and I doubt Doom would create one in anticipation of someone having sex with it.
    the wanda bot came on to Clint and had working lady parts.

That's your own interpretation and obviously not the story Heinberg was telling. I doubt if any one else read this and came to the same conclusion that you do with your obvious and long standing bias.
    maybe i'm more perceptive. i knew that Scott would one day have a live-action movie and that Doom would be hard to adapt.

At the time that the Wanda bot was destroyed in the first issue of Children's Crusade, Victor and Wanda had not had been intimate in fact they never were or Wanda would have remembered it. She bore no malice towards Doom when the story ended.

For what is worth, even if it's been a while since I read it all, I'm pretty sure that Clint was really not very in his own mind when he slept with Wanda*. He was angry (a bit mad at Wanda, but angry at everything else. He didn't really hold much a grudge and it showed after that issue with their interactions), he was down (at least he felt like a bit depressed for me), and he was probably not sure anymore about where his place was or what really had happened (understable after being death, then in an alternate reality, then death again--or erased more so; then coming back to a reality in where his friends were warring against each other). So I doubt he had any real idea of what he was doing, and he definitely was drawn in that issue as if he weren't sure he was doing the right thing. I took it as him not being even sure if Wanda was pretending to be amnesiac or she wasn't her and she was another woman entirely (besides being genuinely her and amnesiac, I mean). And then there was whatever he found there when he woke up. Which, as far as I recall, was another plot thread that Bendis never addressed again.

Now, it wasn't a good thing to do, but it was a very human thing to do. And as much as I would want to complain about Bendis take on him, that's a mess classic Clint would've put himself in, I think.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-23-2019 at 01:22 PM.

have Wanda and Clint had any meaningful interaction since she murdered him? i can't remember any off-hand.

Well to be honest, I see a Doombot who looks exacly like a human and even can bleed and scream in pain, if they weren't accidentally broke her they wouldn't have noticed that she was a Doombot.

All the wires were exposed in an autopsy when they aredy had removed the fake skin so under the skin she actually loked like a Doombot but with it, she was able to pass as a normal human with normal fuctions. Doom is pretty able to do Bots who look totally human he just dosen't bother most of the time since he dosen't need them. Magneto himself seems impressed for the complexity of the bot.

have Wanda and Clint had any meaningful interaction since she murdered him? i can't remember any off-hand.
    You mean after she murder him the first of the second time? After she murder him the second time (and caused the mutant genocide) she went in a vacation, and Clint found her, they didn't talk too much as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post

You mean after she murder him the first of the second time? After she murder him the second time (and caused the mutant genocide) she went in a vacation, and Clint found her, they didn't talk too much as far as I remember.
    Small meetings here and there in the contexts of groups and teams, nothing really important or with the two of them alone, but definitely not hostile. At least, that I'm aware.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-24-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Well to be honest, I see a Doombot who looks exacly like a human and even can bleed and scream in pain, if they weren't accidentally broke her they wouldn't have noticed that she was a Doombot.

All the wires were exposed in an autopsy when they aredy had removed the fake skin so under the skin she actually loked like a Doombot but with it, she was able to pass as a normal human with normal fuctions. Doom is pretty able to do Bots who look totally human he just dosen't bother most of the time since he dosen't need them. Magneto himself seems impressed for the complexity of the bot.
    The Wanda decoy in Children's Crusade really doesn't display any human traits at all if you go back and check the panel where it is damaged. We have no idea how long it been put in place. So we should just agree to disagree on that. I think the Wandabot was a more recent creation, that is to say it was created after Clint's encounter with the amnesiac Wanda. But it does amuse people to speculate that Clint slept with a Doombot. I'm just not totally convinced it is canon but I doubt Marvel will bother the revisit that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Small meetings here and there in the contexts of groups and teams, nothing really important or with the two of them alone, but definitely not hostile. At least, that I'm aware.
    Well thank you for the information I'm not really a follower of the characters but the relationship bacl then looked shallow and innecesary to me, they just seemed to have sex becuase that how Clint deals with being murdered aparently.

I'm just not totally convinced it is canon but I doubt Marvel will bother the revisit that.
    Well is not as it were really important, we never see any repercution about that one night stand in any of those characters, so anyone can think whatever they want and there is not going to change anything to marvel.

As I said, looked a shallow relationship to me, like "we have a men, we have a woman,they could have a meanifull conversation about the crap they have lived recently but that's too boring, instead just let's make them have sex because that's the only way a men and a woman can interact".

Well thank you for the information I'm not really a follower of the characters but the relationship bacl then looked shallow and innecesary to me, they just seemed to have sex becuase that how Clint deals with being murdered aparently.
    Well is not as it were really important, we never see any repercution about that one night stand in any of those characters, so anyone can think whatever they want and there is not going to change anything to marvel.

As I said, looked a shallow relationship to me, like "we have a men, we have a woman,they could have a meanifull conversation about the crap they have lived recently but that's too boring, instead just let's make them have sex because that's the only way a men and a woman can interact".
    IIRC it was just a random interlude in Bendis's first volume of New Avengers (they relaunch titles so often one loses track) so it's just anyone's guess what the point was. After HOM, Wanda suddenly wasn't being written about anymore so one wonders what was the point of that random appearance. It didn't help that the artist's coloring job made Wanda's hair too red when she's not normally done that way. Why was it that Wanda didn't appear in anything until around the time Bendis left the Avengers titles? I guess we will never know

As far as I know (I haven't read comics from that period), Wanda and Clint were teammates in the Avengers (in a very popular teamup). Clint was interested in her, but she wasn't in him; but they still remained as friends for all that period; and I think they still are today even if it isn't as prominent as Natasha and Clint's friendship (which was actually romantic at first). Which is why they tried to make them sort of friendly in the movies, I guess.

Wanda has a complex net of relationships, but at least her link to Clint is clear for me: they're just friends and ex-team mates.

IIRC it was just a random interlude in Bendis's first volume of New Avengers (they relaunch titles so often one loses track) so it's just anyone's guess what the point was. After HOM, Wanda suddenly wasn't being written about anymore so one wonders what was the point of that random appearance. It didn't help that the artist's coloring job made Wanda's hair too red when she's not normally done that way. Why was it that Wanda didn't appear in anything until around the time Bendis left the Avengers titles? I guess we will never know
    My guess as for why she didn't appear after that, my two cents go for "her story is a mess at this point and she kind of killed the mutants. Better put her in cold for a while". They didn't want to touch that mess after disassembled and house of m. Fortunately writers are writing her again (thanks to the movies, I guess).
    Last edited by Zaresh; 09-24-2019 at 05:13 PM.

As far as I know (I haven't read comics from that period), Wanda and Clint were teammates in the Avengers (in a very popular teamup). Clint was interested in her, but she wasn't in him; but they still remained as friends for all that period; and I think they still are today even if it isn't as prominent as Natasha and Clint's friendship (which was actually romantic at first). Which is why they tried to make them sort of friendly in the movies, I guess.

Wanda has a complex net of relationships, but at least her link to Clint is clear for me: they're just friends and ex-team mates.
    That's how it should have stayed but then Bendis did his thing. Clint, Wanda, Pietro and Cap were the Avengers team that fans call the Kooky Quartet. It was relatively short-lived but IMO it was a fun group to read. They were not overly powerful and there was the soap opera element of Wanda/Cap/Hawkey. Before this Clint was linked with Black Widow in the old Iron Man series in Tales of Suspense back when they were both villains or maybe you could call them adventurers of questionable goals. But yeah, Clint moved on from Wanda a long time ago and she never showed any interest in him.

My guess as for why she didn't appear after that, my two cents go for "her story is a mess at this point and she kind of killed the mutants. Better put her in cold for a while". They didn't want to touch that mess after disassembled and house of m. Fortunately writers are writing her again (thanks to the movies, I guess).
    Yes, I have come to the same conclusion over the years. Bendis later defended his arc in Disassembled etc by saying he thought she was a tragic and flawed hero. But if he had read ALL of the Darker than Scarlet arc in WCA and then Busiek's Avengers then he wouldn't have much to go on in asserting Wanda being mentally unstable. Which brings us back to Doom's insertion to her story years later by Heinberg in Children's Crusade to explain away why she suddenly got those powers that she never had before
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-25-2019 at 12:06 PM.

BANNED

Kind of shows how underdeveloped the storm sister and brother duo are where threads are started about them having a affair and their sexuality and doom takes over the thread. Truly Susan and Johnny are crushed under his boots as he is a juggernaut in terms of popularity no matter how many times they defeat him in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Kind of shows how underdeveloped the storm sister and brother duo are where threads are started about them having a affair and their sexuality and doom takes over the thread. Truly Susan and Johnny are crushed under his boots as he is a juggernaut in terms of popularity no matter how many times they defeat him in comics.
    I'd love to read a story about just the Storm siblings vs Doom.