Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 213
  1. #91
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    List of Gay Marvel Characters as promised
    That's some list... Any of them Inhumans?

  2. #92
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    161

    Default

    This is such a silly topic.
    Is a fictional character Ďbií? The answer is, it all depends on what the latest writer wants them to be. For over 30 years, Johnny was purely heterosexual, but he also was falling for alien princesses.
    The last 25 years, some writers have written scenes that would certainly paint the picture of Johnny being bisexual.

    Then you look at latest solicit for Fantastic Four today - and it looks like heíll be chasing after another alien woman.

    So if you ask me, Johnny just likes playing the odds - any port in a Storm, if you will.

  3. #93
    FF purist/snob CaptCleghorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    6,205

    Default

    Two big questions here:

    1) Is Johnny Storm bisexual?
    2) Would you like him to be bisexual?

    For 1) there have been scenes and comments from Marvel creators that allude to his lack of pure heterosexuality. Some writers have put him in situations where he's comfortable in close situations with other men. Some writers haven't put Johnny in any situation which could allude to a bisexual nature. Where his motives and actions are dictated by different writers, editors, and IP ownership a straight (pun intended) answer hasn't been made yet. Historically, they were all straight.

    As for 2) some of us will have to agree to disagree. I'd like to see Johnny have an occasional attraction to a man. I think it would help him grow in dealing with a relationship and with Franklin up almost as old as Johnny was in FF1, his kid attitude needs to be passed to another character.

  4. #94
    Spectacular Member starduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Iceman and the Human Torch would be the steamiest Marvel couple

  5. #95
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Two big questions here:

    1) Is Johnny Storm bisexual?
    2) Would you like him to be bisexual?

    For 1) there have been scenes and comments from Marvel creators that allude to his lack of pure heterosexuality. Some writers have put him in situations where he's comfortable in close situations with other men. Some writers haven't put Johnny in any situation which could allude to a bisexual nature. Where his motives and actions are dictated by different writers, editors, and IP ownership a straight (pun intended) answer hasn't been made yet. Historically, they were all straight.

    As for 2) some of us will have to agree to disagree. I'd like to see Johnny have an occasional attraction to a man. I think it would help him grow in dealing with a relationship and with Franklin up almost as old as Johnny was in FF1, his kid attitude needs to be passed to another character.
    1) yeah, I think he is bisexual and who cares.
    2) I'm not sure. I don't like how Iceman was written and i don't know if Marvel can write a good bisexual character. I would like to see a character (bi, gay, pan etc) who would not be defined by his sexual orientation in a comics (like Midnighter in Authority). If Johnny is explicitly written as Bi, I would love to see him be the same character who, sometimes, sleep or fell in love with a man and it's not a big deal...
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

  6. #96
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Is this a troll topic? Why is this a thing?
    You know what would be cool, if comics actually had fun stories and interesting characters again, instead of obsessing over identity checklists. Would it make Johnny more interesting? Doubtful. It sure didn't for Iceman. It never did for Northstar.

  7. #97
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Is this a troll topic? Why is this a thing?
    You know what would be cool, if comics actually had fun stories and interesting characters again, instead of obsessing over identity checklists. Would it make Johnny more interesting? Doubtful. It sure didn't for Iceman. It never did for Northstar.
    I agree with you about Iceman. But for Northstar, his coming-out was the only time that I find him more interesting than his sister.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

  8. #98
    Fantastic Member Doombot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I agree with you about Iceman. But for Northstar, his coming-out was the only time that I find him more interesting than his sister.
    But did it do anything for Northstar as a character, aside from being known as the first gay character? He remains a D-list character.

  9. #99
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    But did it do anything for Northstar as a character, aside from being known as the first gay character? He remains a D-list character.
    and he would be F-list without this story ( who was very good for it's time). In comparison to his sister, he was not as good. At least this story made him interesting, and not just a bad copy of Quicksilver.
    Last edited by lordozone; 09-19-2019 at 08:38 PM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

  10. #100
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Make Sue Bi and switch her affections from Namor to Namorita while we are at it.

  11. #101
    Ultimate Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    10,201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Is this a troll topic? Why is this a thing?
    You know what would be cool, if comics actually had fun stories and interesting characters again, instead of obsessing over identity checklists. Would it make Johnny more interesting? Doubtful. It sure didn't for Iceman. It never did for Northstar.
    Do comics not do that? God, the homophobia and “NOT MUH HEROES” is boiling off this thread.

  12. #102
    Spectacular Member scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Do comics not do that? God, the homophobia and “NOT MUH HEROES” is boiling off this thread.
    "We just want good stories" is one of the bigger lies homophobes and comics gaters try to hide behind.

  13. #103
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    it was an AU Wolverine
    Does that "count" then? We've had examples often on of AU characters with different sexualities from the mainline ones (Ultimate Iceman and Colossus are straight and gay there, the exact opposite of in 616, for example).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  14. #104
    Astonishing Member JackDaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    1) yeah, I think he is bisexual and who cares.
    2) I'm not sure. I don't like how Iceman was written and i don't know if Marvel can write a good bisexual character. I would like to see a character (bi, gay, pan etc) who would not be defined by his sexual orientation in a comics (like Midnighter in Authority). If Johnny is explicitly written as Bi, I would love to see him be the same character who, sometimes, sleep or fell in love with a man and it's not a big deal...
    In his own universe would it be regarded as a big deal?

    My own guess is that it wouldnít be.

    I canít think of a single Marvel hero who is clearly intolerant of race or sexual orientation.

    I understand (I think) the reasons for this, but in some ways itís unrealistic (many heroes have deep flaws), and it not as if Marvel universe is portrayed as sort of place where everyone is super tolerant (e.g. look at way mutants are regarded.)

  15. #105
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,659

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Still no reasons that will benefit the character any more than the path he is currently on.
    Lol

    "Johnnys intricate path of acting like a jackass, then growing up....then immediately being reset again"

    I mean immaterial of whether you like or agree with it, it would certainly give Johhny more to do.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •