Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Lol

"Johnnys intricate path of acting like a jackass, then growing up....then immediately being reset again"

I mean immaterial of whether you like or agree with it, it would certainly give Johhny more to do.
    Like what?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm going with no, bruv. Wake me up when something legit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Like what?
    Like help their fanfic.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Like what?
    Johnny is a crazy huge celebrity, loved by millions. Used to walking the street, getting high fives and picking up chicks wherever he wants (well not every women, but still), so he's like "Hey its 2020, I can come out right ? It'll be cool"

Except its not cool. He suddenly starts getting hate mail, his merch deals are slowing down, he has people giving him **** in the streets from time to time, thats just the obvious negatives. Then you get **** like his LGBT followers causing social media storms. His Gay fans now decry him as "greedy" or "gay in denial" whilst his straight fans are uneasy. Johnny is banned from entering certain nations etc

Johnny actually has to deal with more then "Got to act like an adult" he's got to deal with what its like to actually be treated like **** FOR EXISTING which due to Reed (other then briefly during Civil War) has never been too much of an issue.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

I don't see how Johnny Storm being bisexual is going to hurt anybody. In fact since I read this thread that's what I'm hoping the MCU does (instead of just getting a token black actor in that role). Maybe MU 616 Johnny isn't bi, but he can be. The problem is I don't think Marvel hires people that can write LGBTQ characters all that well.

One of the best LGBTQ characters in any comic related media was Negative Man in Doom Patrol. I wouldn't spoil it for anyone, but what that show did was absolutely make his sexuality define him as a gay man (I see a lot of people say the best way to write an LGBTQ character is not have their sexuality define them which isn't true), but give him such a relatable love story and character arc. Anyone can relate to the idea of "the one that got away" when it comes to love, gay or not.

Now I don't know if Johnny Storm is relatable or not. I mean on paper he's a pretty boy, a celebrity, a powerful superhero and a hit with women. He's a power fantasy (like many superheroes). Making Johnny bisexual (and doing it right) can make him a lot more relatable. But I don't think some people are ready for that.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    I don't see how Johnny Storm being bisexual is going to hurt anybody. In fact since I read this thread that's what I'm hoping the MCU does (instead of just getting a token black actor in that role). Maybe MU 616 Johnny isn't bi, but he can be. The problem is I don't think Marvel hires people that can write LGBTQ characters all that well.

One of the best LGBTQ characters in any comic related media was Negative Man in Doom Patrol. I wouldn't spoil it for anyone, but what that show did was absolutely make his sexuality define him as a gay man (I see a lot of people say the best way to write an LGBTQ character is not have their sexuality define them which isn't true), but give him such a relatable love story and character arc. Anyone can relate to the idea of "the one that got away" when it comes to love, gay or not.

Now I don't know if Johnny Storm is relatable or not. I mean on paper he's a pretty boy, a celebrity, a powerful superhero and a hit with women. He's a power fantasy (like many superheroes). Making Johnny bisexual (and doing it right) can make him a lot more relatable. But I don't think some people are ready for that.
    They only trouble with that is the case for Johnny being bi is pretty weak. Every serious relationship he had, every flirtation he had has been with women.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Dragon Man is an android that has shown no sexual attraction and he's not a superhero, he's a part of the supporting cast. Julie Power is a member of Power Pack, she's only currently on the (already cancelled) Future Foundation. She's as related to the FF as Storm or Black Panther.

The Fantastic Four franchise only has one. Tong the Moloid who is transgender. She isn't a superhero and is part of the supporting cast, the Future Foundation. This means that she is often not used and barely gets focus or arcs. A lot of the Future Foundation is like on the "outer ring" of supporting cast importantc. Where they aren't considered as important as Frank and Val and there are too many of them to give proper stories to.
    Julie Powers is a semi-regular in Runaways and she had a relationship with Karolina Dean. Do we need a quota system now in comic book cast members?

Then there's the thing with Daken...

That really isn't strong enough proof that Marvel editorial agreed with her implications. Her tweet would be more definitive if she said that Tom B agreed that we could do this. You'd have a hard time convincing me that TPTB at Marvel would make that drastic a change to a legacy character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

She's only admitting to creating sexual tension. Where's the scene where they are actually admitting they've been intimate? And as others have pointed out, Dakken is a very poor candidate to argue for this change due to the nature of his powers. Any writer can easily negate her claim by bringing that up.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-20-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Like Johnny didn’t know that Lyja was really a male Skrull the whole time...
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

It says a lot that this thread gets this kind of energy while a thread saying "Sue will only be a good character if she cheats on Reed" does not.
    Well that's actually the problem I also perceive.

I don't care about Jhony or his sexuality, but Susan never had show desire to cheat on Reed, she never has been shown in another relationship, she never has been shown to actually cheat on Reed, still we can open a thread about with whom she would cheat in the hypothetical case that she someday decide to try it even when we have no evidence and there is not problem.

But if we are making a question about open the sexuality of a character we get...this. People could say "I think that he is because..." or" I think that he is not because..." and is very respectable but when people really get offended for the mere suggestion, is when I can see that there is a problem there and yes is frequently related with aan homophobic attitude.

By the way yes Johnny is a kind of womanizer (one of the reasons I'm not very fond of him) but that doesn't make him automatically straight, a bisexual people is not the same that homosexual, a bisexual people can be attracted mostly for one sex (women in Jhonny case) and then once in their lives gets attracted for other without problems or try a relationship with a male as after seeing that is not working, return to pursue women, but being attracted to woman is not a countundent proof.

I don't know, don't care about what Jhonny orientation is but seeing examples of images that looked as subtext was opening the possibility so in the hypothetical case that some writer would like to address the issue I would not have any problem as I don't have any problem with Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That really isn't strong enough proof that Marvel editorial agreed with her implications. Her tweet would be more definitive if she said that Tom B agreed that we could do this. You'd have a hard time convincing me that TPTB at Marvel would make that drastic a change to a legacy character created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

She's only admitting to creating sexual tension. Where's the scene where they are actually admitting they've been intimate? And as others have pointed out, Dakken is a very poor candidate to argue for this change due to the nature of his powers. Any writer can easily negate her claim by bringing that up.
    To add to that Daken is known for using his Pheromone powers to get what he wants. Whether that be attention, sex, status, or anything else. Johnny's and the FF's whole relationship with Daken could be entirely false. Based on the odd way that story in particular was written its not to far off to call shenanigans or write it off.
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 09-21-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    To add to that Daken is known for using his powers Pheromone powers to get want he wants. Whether that be attention, sex, status, or anything else. Johnny's and the FF's whole relationship with Daken could be entirely false. Based on the odd way that story in particular was written its not to far off to call shenanigans or write it off.
    I'd be inclined to think that, writer's wishes aside, A) they didn't bang, and B) Johnny is well aware of Daken's pheremones, and is already horny all the time anyway (so *that* certainly didn't change anything!), but is also able to boost his internal temperature well into the thousands while keeping his skin a human-normal (so the relatively fragile molecules that are pheremones would break apart and have no effect on him, but you couldn't even tell by touching his skin, or viewing him with an IR scope, since he's containing the heat entirely within himself, which is well within the scope of his powers).

I'm pretty sure the *last* thing even a ship-happy writer wants to throw in to mix is the notion that Daken basically raped Johnny (by using his powers to roofie him and dodge consent).

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Who even knows if Skrulls have genders in the same way we (generally) do, or just straight-up choose them (or get assigned them, based on status or role or whatever).

It is interesting that so many rank and file 'warrior' or worker Skrull appear as male, and the occasional females tend to be leaders like Veranke or Princess Anele, but that's not a consistent thing either.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 09-21-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Yup he is

10char
    Attached Images Attached Images

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    They only trouble with that is the case for Johnny being bi is pretty weak. Every serious relationship he had, every flirtation he had has been with women.
    Speaking as a bisexual person myself, that's not really how bisexuality works.

BANNED

The Daken thing is gross. Daken is gross.

I wouldn't be proud of it, and would hope it was Daken using his powers in immoral ways.

But Johnny is probably bi anyway.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    You have any pics to prove that?