Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cyclops got 'Cyclops was Right' movement out of AvsX but all Wally got out of HIC was a T-shirt Saying "I was in HIC and all I got was this lousy T-shirt saying 'Wally Was Wrong' ". Lol

Fantastic Member

And who shoved a set of chattering teeth down 'Steel's' throat and why? That still bugs the hell out of me. Really' Wally? What was your logic behind that one. 'HiC' should never had happened, not just the character assassination of Sally and the pointless informatics deaths, but the whole thing was a load of rubbish. Pompous, pretentious, boring puggle. Imagine King was paid for this? I really hope 'Flash Forward' does bring some redemption to Wally and wash away the bad taste that was 'HiC.' If Didio had any sense he would make a editorial decision to have the whole thing retconned and we could then bury the monster. I have read bad stories before, it's just 'HiC' is just burnt into memory by shock tactics and awful story & characterization. King, is using cheap tactics thinking he'll leave his mark. Accomplished, but not in a positive way. If I was ever at a comic con, would just walk past, if I did have to address him' one word 'why?' Now we have 'Flash Forward' and I'm so far' totally behind it. Please Scott' do your best. Fingers crossed. Hope it's not obvious that Wally is going to end-up Sat in the Mobius Chair, finding his family and zipping around the Multiverse. Would love some time travel shenanigans, where the events of 'HiC' are totally recommend. It's gonna be hard to turn the whole thing round, especially so soon. Even Geoff John's would struggle with this one. Best of luck' Scott, we're wishing you the best.
    Last edited by Franny6422; 09-24-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Honestly, let's just say Heroes In Crisis NEVER HAPPENED and move on.
    It's hands down the shittest story DC has published in the last 20 years.
    At least it showed DC that readership won't actually sit down and just let them **** all over a character with over 50 years history.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    And who shoved a set of chattering teeth down 'Steel's' throat and why? That still bugs the he'll out of me. Really' Wally? What was your logic behind that one. 'HiC' should never had happened, not just the character assassination of Sally and the pointless informatics deaths, but the whole thing was a load of rubbish. Pompous, pretentious, boring puggle. Imagine King was paid for this? I really hope 'Flash Forward' does bring some redemption to Wally and wash away the bad taste that was 'HiC.' If Didio had any sense he would make a editorial decision to have the whole thing retconned and we could then bury the monster. I have read bad stories before, it's just 'HiC' is just burnt into memory by shock tactics and awful story & characterization. King, is using cheap tactics thinking he'll leave his mark. Accomplished, but not in a positive way. If I was ever at a comic con, would just walk past, if I did have to address him' one word 'why?' Now we have 'Flash Forward' and I'm so far' totally behind it. Please Scott' do your best. Fingers crossed. Hope it's not obvious that Wally is going to end-up Sat in the Mobius Chair, finding his family and zipping around the Multiverse. Would love some time travel shenanigans, where the events of 'HiC' are totally recommend. It's gonna be hard to turn the whole thing round, especially so soon. Even Geoff John's would struggle with this one. Best of luck' Scott, we're wishing you the best.
    I never said, mutilation of the bodies wasn't reprehensible. But, steel was already dead. Wally showed the teeth down a dead steel's throat to make it look like harley shoving shoving the teeth caused asphyxiation, which lead to death. It was a diversion. The truth was steel died due to cardiac arrest caused by the surge. its like getting shocked.
    Electric Shock Symptoms
    A person who has suffered an electric shock may have very little external evidence of injury or may have obvious severe burns. The person could even be in cardiac arrest.
    Source:https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/electric-shock
    Now, the act of mutilation for framing was itself cold blooded, diabolical and methodical . Only two kind of people could do it. One) someone really trained like doctor, police men, someone from the forensics .. Etc two) a seasoned high iq criminal. I have never condoned anything wally did. I don't need to. This story is trash. It is out of character for wally to have a methodical, diabolical and criminal behaviour or mind. The real Wally should/would have collapsed from the shock of seeing roy's dead body. He wouldn't have been able to perform such a frame job intricate enough to fool both barry and batman.
    But, the author had no intent of making wally a murderer. I repeat, wally ain't no murderer. And i stand by that.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-24-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Fantastic Member

I never said you said anything? Where's that come from? Mine was a general post.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    I never said you said anything? Where's that come from? Mine was a general post.
    Oh! My bad then. Like, i said i can be a bit of a bone head. I apologise. I thought you were insinuating that wally shoving teeth down commander steels throat killed him. That's a wrong reading.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Honestly, let's just say Heroes In Crisis NEVER HAPPENED and move on.
    It's hands down the shittest story DC has published in the last 20 years.
    At least it showed DC that readership won't actually sit down and just let them **** all over a character with over 50 years history.
    We can forget HIC or act like it never happened but who will give me back Roy Harper?
    He’s the one who paid the higher price, maybe Wally would be fixed and none talk about poor Roy.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Oh! My bad then. Like, i said i can be a bit of a bone head. I apologise. I thought you were insinuating that wally shoving teeth down commander steels throat killed him. That's a wrong reading.
    Not at all my fellow DCer. You're a bonehead? Me too, wanna start the Bonehead League? And Legendkiller is right, poor Roy. Come on Scott' weave magic.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Lobdell already said he had plans for Roy. He wanted Cheshire to bring him back in Red Hood with a Lazarus Pit.

DC said no.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Lobdell already said he had plans for Roy. He wanted Cheshire to bring him back in Red Hood with a Lazarus Pit.

DC said no.
    Where did he say this? Do you have a link please?

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Where did he say this? Do you have a link please?
    Sure !

https://soundcloud.com/user-44237172...dell-interview

Unfortunately, I’m sorry, I don’t remember exactly when he talks about his Red Hood plans :/

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    However, since DC ain't doing that, I'm curious to see how they figure their way out of the hole they've dug.
    Their solution is just to dig a deeper hole.

Dan doesn't believe in bad publicity and stated many, many times that if people are angry is because they care (the latter is actually true).

We keep discussing this steaming pile of crap that is HiC, the message that gets across is that "it generates interest". An angry dollar is still a dollar.

We should just bury it and let it be clear that that **** is just not ok, not relevant and not worth spending saliva on.

Anything else is guaranteed to lead to HiC2.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Their solution is just to dig a deeper hole.

Dan doesn't believe in bad publicity and stated many, many times that if people are angry is because they care (the latter is actually true).

We keep discussing this steaming pile of crap that is HiC, the message that gets across is that "it generates interest". An angry dollar is still a dollar.

We should just bury it and let it be clear that that **** is just not ok, not relevant and not worth spending saliva on.

Anything else is guaranteed to lead to HiC2.

That's also a problem for Flash Forward.

If it is meant to be a redemption saga, and it sells well, then it is likely to generate more interest from DC in doing redemption sagas.

Which means more characters have to fall. And fall harder, because the bar for what constitutes "shock value" will just go up.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    That's also a problem for Flash Forward.

If it is meant to be a redemption saga, and it sells well, then it is likely to generate more interest from DC in doing redemption sagas.

Which means more characters have to fall. And fall harder, because the bar for what constitutes "shock value" will just go up.
    Yes, it is a no-win situation.

Buying (to show support) and complaining about it endlessly in every forum or network I can (to show that their direction is ****) is the best I can do.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

This comic has minimal advertising, no title value (It's not called The Flash or Batman or Justice League), and is coming on the heels of an event that didn't sell that well for an event. It's coming from a creative team that has no major sales history and is largely hated by the community. If it sells it would take a monumental amount of cognitive dissonance to believe it was for any reason beyond Wally. It's not like Tempus Fuginaut sells books. People buying it early on will not know if it's a redemption story or not.

As a matter of fact, the more you look into it, the more it becomes apparent that this book was set up to fail in as many ways as possible sans having Wally as the main character.