Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Back on topic, although I HATE the starting point (and the nonsensical Wally in regular prison. WTF?) I can see a glimmer of light at the end of tunnel.
    The HiC excrement has been addressed, now lets move on and tell a good Wally West Flash story!
    Those were my feelings as well and but I am still keeping my guard up. I look forward to issue 2 and the book will remain on my pull list for now.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

And seeing Wally and Superman teaming up is always a good thing

I really hope the Justice Incarnate appears as well.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    It falls apart when you look at almost 15 years in which he never made things better.

He allowed for someone else to do so, when he was desperate and begging for help, yes; and after that he promptly turned everything into **** again.
    We'll have to disagree on that. As much as I think a lot of the decisions he's made were extremely dumb, he's also made some good decisions, and has frequently had a good eye for which creators to put on books that ended up being real gems, and making real gains in breaking away from the hard core comic geek market by trying to appeal to newer and younger readers with his various new imprints, and training programs to help the next generation of creators.

Credit where credit is due. Didio screws up a lot, but, unlike Marvel, he's at least thinking about the long game beyond the 40 year old obsessives who are currently propping up the industry.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    We'll have to disagree on that. As much as I think a lot of the decisions he's made were extremely dumb
    Not regarding Wally, which is the conversation at hand.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Not regarding Wally, which is the conversation at hand.
    And on that, we are 100% in agreement.

Mighty Member

It's a lot to read, and it's just a fan theory, but it's probably worth reading if you're hoping for a "good" Wally outcome from all this - the theory (about how Doomsday Clock relates to a number of current ongoings) has multiple parts, so just skip to the Wally one, but the whole theory kind of hangs together in a way that reminds me of the lead up to Infinite Crisis or Bart's death/Wally's return during Countdown to Final Crisis (Lightning Saga, etc)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/10...piracy-theory/
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    This seems more like an issue Marvel has than DC. Personally I think Didio is more ignorant than malicious on some of these boneheaded decisions like what happened to Wally in Heroes in Crisis.
    Nah his treatment of Waid and Rucka (because they disagreed with him on creative directions) absolutely shows him being petty and malicious. As was his reaction to Rebirth and trying to undo aspects of it because fans liked it. He is just good at office room politics and not being openly spiteful. But the fact that many of DC's best editors all jumped ship under him really shows the kind of ship he is running.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 10-02-2019 at 10:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, Didio tried to dump Wally, along with Dick Grayson and other characters he views are redundant or unnecessary, a few times, but he soon learned that the fanbase for those characters are passionate enough that he could use them as a way of generating controversy in hopes of goosing sales. I would guess this is why Didio wanted to bring back Wally as a villain during the New 52, which was guaranteed to get fans up in arms and get lots of attention, which would inevitably turn into a redemption arc for Wally into his more classic role, which would then bring more attention to the comic while placating Wally's fans before starting the cycle yet again. It's one of the oldest tricks in the comic book game, particularly at Marvel in the 70s (which Didio clearly takes a lot of his cues from). Shock readers with some outrageous stunt to get them upset, then make everyone happy again by putting everything back to normal again.

Again, I think this is stupid way of making comics, and it's blown up in Didio's face many, many times, but it's a tried and true formula that comics fans fall for over and over again...and we're falling for again with Flash Forward. The only thing that matters to me is whether or not it makes for a good story. Thus far, Flash Forward looks like it's off to a good start. If the second issue is also good, I'm on board for the whole ride, even though I know Didio is playing us all once again.
    I'm just going to go with Occam's Razor. The guy says he doesn't care for Wally, prefers Barry, and all of his actions make sense when being driven by those two facts.

Some absurdist, grade school attempt at a machiavellian scheme to try to get sales from Wally by taking him out of comics for 5 years only to bring him back to make fans angry at the decisions they make when they bring him back is preposterous. The only reason Wally is actually back is because for a brief moment Didio wasn't in control, Johns was, and Johns forced him to come back. Ever since Didio wrested control again it was back to the same old abusive bullshit. Didio's idea of Wally, one he forced on Venditti, is New 52 Wally. A completely different, shittier character whose sole purpose was to be a minority sidekick to Barry Allen. Pretending Didio cares or wants Wally, the Wally of this thread, to succeed in sales flies in the face of every single decision he's ever made going back to 2005. He doesn't want the character to succeed. He wants Barry to succeed and Wally to fail, and he has shown time and time again he will sacrifice sales and fans to do it.
    Last edited by Dred; 10-06-2019 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I'm just going to go with Occam's Razor. The guy says he doesn't care for Wally, prefers Barry, and all of his actions make sense when being driven by those two facts.
    Great, if that works for you, stick with it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    What I find in equal measure both interesting AND infuriating is Didio's obvious disdain for the legacy heroes.
    As the man in charge of the DC Universe I find it incredible that his personal preference is somehow law.
    I would have thought running a company that publishes literature would mean you would be open to publishing ANYTHING that may sell copies.
    NOT taking characters or concepts you dislike out of the toybox and not let anyone play with them.
    DC/Warner is an interesting complicated beast...
    Despite what some will claim about Marvel-there is a difference between a storyline and trashing who you don't like.
    Excluding the exile of Fantastic Four-what you saw over there was storylines with an ENDGAME.
    Here-you see characters being ruined or pushed aside for PETS.

No one had to wait 15 years for stuff to get better for Steve while Sam was Captain America. You got to see BOTH.
    We never got that here. Barry as your main Flash is NOT an excuse to crap on Wally be it bad stories or limbo.

A true person about BUSINESS understands THIS-not everyone is going to like what you toss out. That is why you offer VARIETY.

Once again look at Spider-Man. If Marvel treated Peter like DC does Barry-no Miles, Gwen, Venom, Carnage, Silk, Spider-Punk, Spider-Noir, Spider-Ham, May Parker, Black Cat, Mary Jane, Dr Octo-Spider-man and so on. How much money would Marvel had forfeited? Along with an Oscar win & Miles's New York Times Bestseller book.

A true person about BUSINESS-would have used Wally to do a different take on Flash. One with a family. You open the door for more money.
    This does not. Because not everyone is going to fall for the trap after seeing it with Green Lantern. A franchise is WORST shape.

Marvel is not obsessive about the Silver Age. They are not doing an imprint that is nothing more than a Batman & entitled friends line.

BANNED

He hates Wally West and trolls anyone who loves him.

DAN DIIIIIIIDIIIIIIOOOOOO!!!