Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Depends on jurisdiction. And superhero worlds aren't generally running on the rule of law anyway.
    Involuntary Manslaughter Penalties and Sentencing: Federal Level

The base sentence for involuntary manslaughter under federal sentencing guidelines is a 10 to 16 month prison sentence, which increases if the crime was committed through an act of reckless conduct. The minimum sentence for involuntary manslaughter committed with an automobile is higher still, although judges may use a certain amount discretion in those cases.

Involuntary Manslaughter Penalties and Sentencing: State Level

While states often take their cues from the federal courts when drafting their own sentencing guidelines, they do vary widely on this issue. States will generally give a range of possible sentences and allow judges discretion in determining what sentence to actually impose.
    Source:https://criminal.findlaw.com/crimina...entencing.htmlis this correct? If it is i doubt he would get death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I wonder if HIC will get retconed here at the end or will they keep on running with Wally West: Murderer narrative till he dies trying to redeem himself.
    Wally at no point murder anyone.

BANNED

Is Linda Park here real or are we in for another Cry for Justice/Roy Harper moment ?

I mean this is Dan Didio we’re dealing with here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am no law expert, but does Accidental/involuntary Man slaughter get death sentence?
    As said, it depends on jurisdiction, but in most cases it doesn't. I think it'd be a hard sell for a prosecutor to push the death sentence for involuntary manslaughter.

BANNED

Wally at no point murder anyone.
    I know but that's what DC is trying to portray him as.

When?even tom king came out and said he didn't kill anyone. But, people did die. Wally does feel guilty for that

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Wally West isn't a murderer. What happened was an accident. At worst, it was involuntary manslaughter (and even that characterization would be shaky). The problem lies more in the cover-up that Wally tried to perpetrate, and THAT, frankly, was completely out of character.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member

lobdell was pretty clear that editorial considers wally a murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Wally West isn't a murderer. What happened was an accident. At worst, it was involuntary manslaughter (and even that characterization would be shaky). The problem lies more in the cover-up that Wally tried to perpetrate, and THAT, frankly, was completely out of character.

It wasn't even a cover up. He was just buying time and throwing false trails for bats and barry. Mutilation of dead bodies was heinous act though. There is no denying it. But, then again he was trying to kill himself.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    lobdell was pretty clear that editorial considers wally a murderer.
    No, if i heard his interview correctly. He said the editorial "might" disagree with him on this. This being, lobdell not considering wally as not a murderer.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-20-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Fantastic Member

No, i heard his interview correctly. He said the editorial "might" disagree with him on this. This being, lobdell not considering wally as not a murderer.
    He also mentioned when he first got the book, he was told "Wally is really depressed because he's a murderer".

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    He also mentioned when he first got the book, he was told "Wally is really depressed because he's a murderer".
    Maybe, that was the plan.but,it ain't now. Wally killed no one.

Fantastic Member

Maybe, that was the plan.but,it ain't now. Wally killed no one.
    Wally technically killed thirteen, just didn't murder anyone.

Though I do think odds are the original idea for HiC was to have Wally murder everyone which would lead to him being in Suicide Squad like was rumored. But they changed it to an accident mid-story, and Flash Forward is the result of that as they try to walk things back as much as they can.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Bingo.

The out-of-nowhere Speed Force explosion that killed everyone at Sanctuary was never Wally's fault, and, despite my problems with King's writing in Heroes in Crisis, he went out of his way to show how this was not an act of murder, but a tragic accident. A Speed Force explosion was something no one heard of before, but the idea that something as powerful as the Speed Force could cause that kind of damage isn't really something I have a big issue with because the nature of the Speed Force has always been vague.

Wally's reaction to that tragic accident is the main issue.

Stories of superheroes having to deal with the aftermath of losing control of their powers is well-trodden ground in comics, but the idea that Wally West, no matter how emotionally distraught over the loss of his wife and kids, would decide to further endanger the lives of someone else by framing them for his own mistake is simply not an idea that the overwhelming majority of readers could accept because the story hadn't done enough work to justify it and Wally's established personality outright contradicted it. I've heard King & Gerads try to explain that the whole idea was that Wally's trauma is the reason he was acting so out of character, but that just didn't work narratively. I think they did an excellent job showing how deeply the loss of his family had affected him. Hell, that early issue of HiC focused on Wally is the reason I didn't drop the series early on and stuck with it to the end in the misguided hope that the story was actually going somewhere interesting.

If Flash Forward is going to be viewed as successful by fans who felt burned by HiC, Lobdell has to address Wally's actions after the Speed Force explosion, because that's the main problem.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 09-20-2019 at 04:44 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

We SHOULD NOT be having this discussion.

Having this discussion validates HiC as a thing that happened. And yes, it happened, but so what? NO other DC book is concerned with continuity; everything either happened or didn't happen acording to whtaver writer wants, so **** it.

We should just let be clear that we don't want want Hic to be in continuity (Any continuity), period.

And we should let be clear that this is not a valid take for Wally. Period again.

**** HiC, **** editorial vision on Wally, just **** it. There, that's it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!