Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default How many innocent people mass murdered in the DC Universe in last 20 years?

There is a matching thread going on over at the MARVEL forums.

The question is - what are the mass murder numbers in the DC Universe over the last two decades. The times where some villain or villains has killed whole swaths of people either before or after the heroes got involved.

I know Flashpoint and the New 52 and Rebirth reset a lot of things, but we are going to go by stories, not by continuity.

So, Bludhaven was bombed by villains using Chemo - according to Superman #648, just over 100,000 dead

Mongul and Cyborg Superman murder Coast City - population around 7 million

Atlantis Attacks - Ocean Master floods the eastern US coast cities of Metropololis [11 million], Boston, Gotham [10 million] and New York [8.5 million]. Assuming only 0.5% casualty rates in each of these cities and other, the death toll would be around 200,000
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Mad Hatter sold hypnotic hat that drove a lot of people to drown themselves in the river.
    The Joker killed an apartment worth of people during Death of The Family.

Extraordinary Member

Prometheus killed 90,000+ people in Star City
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Trillion + in COIE but that out of time frame

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DGraysonWorldsGreatestSpy View Post
    Trillion + in COIE but that out of time frame
    Yeah it's also hard to know with the multiverse being collapsed down into one universe. Did any of them really die if they never existed?

Do we know how many died in the aftermath of Gotham earthquake during No Man's Land?
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-03-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah it's also hard to know with the multiverse being collapsed down into one universe. Did any of them really die if they never existed?

Do we know how many died in the aftermath of Gotham earthquake during No Man's Land?
    I feel like the part of me that wants some grounded scientist will refuse to believe a Trillion + worlds never existed, Information cannot be lost hence why we will always know they existed in a meta way and a comic book event way like Convergence or Crisis. Antimatter destroys so IMO the multiverse of earth is just a unique structure caused by the COIE and various entities and gods manipulating reality or trying to control it or keep balance. This makes earth and interesting place in the universe hence why so many worlds are involved with it but they do not change as much as earth does so I assume that they are less affected and Just insert back into their "main" world far from earth while their interaction with earthlings changes over various universe reboots.

I think it was exactly 20 years ago Morrison blew up Montevideo the capital of Uruguay in DC One Mill

J'onzz: "All dead, over a million people!"

The entire population is just about 3 Million in the entire country, but over 80% live in, or near the capital.
    So looking at that blast radius in the image, that's near genocide for their entire population.
    And the total end for the World Cup's first soccer champions.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-28-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Black Adam killed the entire population of Bialya in 52, I believe that was about 2 million people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by justinslot View Post
    Black Adam killed the entire population of Bialya in 52, I believe that was about 2 million people.
    Bloody hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I think it was exactly 20 years ago Morrison blew up Montevideo the capital of Uruguay in DC One Mill

Not a huge population about 3 Million, but over 80% live in or near the capital, so looking at that blast radius in the image near genocide for their population, and the end for the world cup's first soccer champions.
    Wait a minute. What? He did the same thing to Genosha.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Extraordinary Member

If I recall Ultraman burned about fifty reporters to death in the New 52

And a whole town of people were eaten by alien bugs in Wonder Woman in the run by Meredith Finch, following Azzarello.

That same run also killed off all the male Amazons that had been taken in by Hephaestus [in order to stop their female counterparts from killing them, which in the end is exactly what happened]. There were at least a hundred of them.
    Last edited by brettc1; 06-04-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So far the body count for DC over the last 20 years is up around 12.4 million innocent people.

There was also the Invasion storyline in Justice League International where the aliens conquered Australia. But I think that is outside the 20 year time frame I set.

Also Tower of Babel in JLA - Ras Al Ghul stops the entire world from being able to read. No telling globally how many pilots crashed planes, doctors botched surgeries, car accidents, but I think we can safely say it was in the thousands.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Injustice universe was destroyed by Brainiac in the opening pages of convergence.

Extraordinary Member

It's almost impossible to calculate the number of people the Joker has killed. But consider he once rained poisoned broken glass all over Gotham and also blew up a school full of kids, upwards of 5000 is not out of the question.

Seriously, DC. 5000 people! What the hell?

Extraordinary Member

I think it was a little more than 20 years ago, but Cheshire droped a nuke on the capital of Qurac.