Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    a good story could be told seeing him crawl back into the light, while simultaneously explaining away the worst parts of Heroes in Crisis without completely negating it
    Nah, it's gotta be copmpletely negated. NEGATE THE HELL OF IT, I SAY.

DC still wants to sell TPBs of it.
    I hope they don't. I hope they print one bazilion copies of those TPBs and not a single one sells and they eat the largest loss in DC's history because of it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    There's two intemingled "forgottens" going on - the pre-Flashpoint stuff, and Wally's New 52/Rebirth history

In Rebirth, Barry only remembered the latter and the Titans had the same thing in Titans Rebirth. Them forgetting Wally was attributed to Abra Kadabra mindwiping everyone of Wally and causing him to fall into the Speed Force before he ever stopped being Kid Flash (and accidentally mindwiping himself in the process, to boot). And in that history, Linda literally never met Wally until after his return, so there was nothing for her to remember. (Indeed, it was suggested that this Wally only remembered any pre-Flashpoint history at all because he got those menories from the Speed Force, not because he "was" pre-FP Wally.)

Now, Flash War blurred this, by having Magenta (implicitly) and Iris (explicitly) remember pre-FP memories from meeting Wally. So, uh... *shrug* I'm not sure DC have a solid idea about any of this any more. Maybe these guys fought KF Wally and being around him is jogging their memories of that, maybe he fought them off-panel post-Rebirth, maybe he's still leaking pre-FP memories like Williamson had him do (but that would raise questioms about Linda, so probably not).
    Yeah, at the moment, history is broken so the memories of each individual is up to whatever the writer (or editorial) wants them to be.

I haven't read this, but it's sounding like this series is dipping into Morrison's work with the multiverse. Concurrently, Morrison is diving into it himself over in "The Green Lantern." Are there any indications the impending Crisis that's mentioned in "TGL" will play a part in this series as well?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I haven't read this, but it's sounding like this series is dipping into Morrison's work with the multiverse. Concurrently, Morrison is diving into it himself over in "The Green Lantern." Are there any indications the impending Crisis that's mentioned in "TGL" will play a part in this series as well?
    It's absolutely looking like this is going to be a Multiverse-centric story, which will inevitably mean that Morrison's stuff is gonna come up. However, I don't think Morrison has much interest in playing with anyone else these days. I think he's perfectly happy to do his own thing with Sharp while the rest of the DCU does whatever it's doing. Morrison got burnt badly by how Final Crisis was mismanaged, so I doubt he'd want to dip his toe in anything like that again.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Nah, it's gotta be copmpletely negated. NEGATE THE HELL OF IT, I SAY.

I hope they don't. I hope they print one bazilion copies of those TPBs and not a single one sells and they eat the largest loss in DC's history because of it.
    And I used to think I was the optimist

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Wally West as Multiverse explorer/protector. I've *vaguely* suggested something like that before.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Wally West as Multiverse explorer/protector. I've *vaguely* suggested something like that before.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    My idea would be to have him be protector of speed force wall.

This will only pay off if it undoes the character assassination garbage that happened this year.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

And I used to think I was the optimist
    Heh, nice one!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm not lowering my standard and picking up scraps just because it has a sign that it will be good. DC needs more than giving me a sign. They made it clear the last 7 years that they're not interested in Wally and just an attempt is not enough. Actually create something good, not just "this could be good", and make it consistent, is the only way for them to convince me that they care. That means, I will see where this goes first, what is the result once Flash Forward ends, before even considering picking anything with Wally.

Sending a man with mental illness so bad that he accidentally killed so many people with a superpower in a regular prison while the system that put him in this place is allowed to continue to run is backwards

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm not really a big fan of either Lobdell or Booth, but both of these guys are clearly doing their damnedest to try to salvage Wally from how badly Heroes in Crisis ended his arc.

I think Lobdell has a pretty good job so far, given the situation he's got to deal with. Sometimes, my preference is to simply ignore bad stories or character directions and hand-wave them away as quickly as possible, but I think there's enough potential with Wally's current low that a good story could be told seeing him crawl back into the light, while simultaneously explaining away the worst parts of Heroes in Crisis without completely negating it, as I'm sure the story has some fans and DC still wants to sell TPBs of it. Johns was able to accomplish a similar feat with both his Identity Crisis aftermath story and, most successfully, with GL: Rebirth, that managed to not only course correct Hal Jordan, but set up the whole GL mythos to reach new heights.

I'm highly doubtful that Lobdell will be able to pull that off, but I'm certainly intrigued enough to come back for another issue. As long as the second issue isn't a total fumble, I'll stick around for the entire miniseries.
    My thoughts as well. If the book ends with Wally retiring and going off to start a new life with Linda, maybe take up a career as a social worker to help people with issues such as himself, I'd honestly be fine with it. He'll come back eventually, get some time away from Didio's regime and Wally gets a rest after a decade of mangling. I don't really need Flash Forward to be a grand slam, I just want a solid base hit--maybe double-- that tees up a good play or graceful finish to a bad inning.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    My thoughts as well. If the book ends with Wally retiring and going off to start a new life with Linda, maybe take up a career as a social worker to help people with issues such as himself, I'd honestly be fine with it. He'll come back eventually, get some time away from Didio's regime and Wally gets a rest after a decade of mangling. I don't really need Flash Forward to be a grand slam, I just want a solid base hit--maybe double-- that tees up a good play or graceful finish to a bad inning.
    I liked it. Thank goodness, because boy did I HATE, HATE, HATE HIC. I kept hoping every month it would get better, and HIC just disappointed. So we now know that Wally is not only the fastest speedster on Earth, or in the Universe, but THE FASTEST SPEEDSTER IN THE MULTIVERSE, and that this was NOT the case before Rebirth from what Tempus F told Wally. At least that's what I gathered. His time in the Speedforce, trapped outside of the multiverse, seems to have supercharged him something crazy. That leads me to wonder if THAT is why he's been having such a hard time. Losing his wife and kids made him very sad, but controlling his powers? He's been using those powers since he was a teenager. Losing control, even under this crazy situation seemed .... wrong. Especially killing 13 people in the process. BUT, if as Tempus suggests he is far more powerful than he realizes, then it would make sense why all that new power has been harder and harder to control.

He's clearly going to travel through the multiverse, but I thought the story also suggested he'll be travelling through time and space. That suggests that he might actually be able to save those 13 people somehow. I know, I know - unlikely, but I'm actually counting on him at least getting the chance to save Roy. If anything, that opening seems to suggest we haven't heard or seen the last of Roy.

My hopes for this miniseries:

1) Wally learns just how fast he is, and that he can travel time, space, and between universes with no assistance from any device or other speedster.
    2) Wally helps save the entire multiverse - becoming a true hero - and everyone knows it.
    3) Wally sits in the Mobius chair and learns how to save all 13 people he killed (or at least Roy) and somehow, he's able to find his wife and children as well, and bring them into the existing DC Universe.

Sure, maybe foolish hopes - but where there is time, space, multiverse matters at issue, as well as the source of all information Mobius chair, it seems that many things that would otherwise be impossible might be possible!

Personally I hope he goes back to where he was prior to that awful event but not before the reboot. He was at a great place when he was brought back and it was a real shame that they had to go and mess with that.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Extraordinary Member

I always find the ideaof trials funny, like what can they do to him

Malaclypse

So Wally had a breakdown because he was concerned that Sanctuary was made only for him... but he was there chatting with Roy and everyone's food in the fridge had their names on it? Or that was a dream? So many Lobdell text boxes but nothing explained. Then an Interlude where "Tarkul of Edya 12", a rando with Thanagarian tech and one of the most irritating FONT VOICES for no reason at all dies to remind us that Metron's chair is somewhere 'on the cusp of the multiverse' (for some reason not on the Moon where it was left during the Darkseid War) and it kills the apparently 'countless' people who have tried to sit in it since Owl Man. Finally we get to the story starting and a bit of Blackgate action, shortly interrupted by a multiversal rescue and then its nearly all speech bubble exposition that makes very little sense and/or is deliberately cryptic stuff from the Fuginaut. Wally mopes and says he can't help, this is hand waved away and Wally is thrown across the Multiverse to meet with Calvin Ellis Superman as it appears his world is falling to the rogue world that has escaped from the Dark Multiverse. CLIFFHANGER! This book might get better from here but there are a lot of actually interesting looking books coming out from DC over the next couple of months so I won't be getting issue 2.