Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It wasn't even a cover up. He was just buying time and throwing false trails for bats and barry. Mutilation of dead bodies was heinous act though. There is no denying it. But, then again he was trying to kill himself.
    Framing 2 people for mass murder is super villain ****, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Wally West isn't a murderer. What happened was an accident. At worst, it was involuntary manslaughter (and even that characterization would be shaky). The problem lies more in the cover-up that Wally tried to perpetrate, and THAT, frankly, was completely out of character.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    No, there is also tremendous fault in knowing that you're a walking death bomb and not informing anyone who spends every minute of every day in proximity with you. Yes, it was an accident. But there are some serious aggravating circumstances I'll detail in a second here.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Where does it says that? Show me a panel. If you are talking about the "burden" thing. When He was having the panic attack.He ran outside so that others would not get hurt, as matter of fact. So, there was no negligence on wally's part. But,the alarm rang the heroes got outside before wally could do anything to warn them his powers went haywire. So, it is involuntary manslaughter. He had no control of his actions, at the moment of crime.

You can say wally shouldn't have put himself in that kind of stress to begin with. But, wally had no idea he was. He was put in a strange place with others to "heal". He had no idea if it was just a coercive tactic to keep him isolated in by the "heroes". He had no idea how this was supposed to help him. So, he decided to investigate to know if the place was real or facade. Sorrows causing him to have a panic attack was entirely an accident or out of his control. He had asked for clarification. But, they didn't give him a satisfactory answer, but playing the pr answers without evidence. So, Wally doubting was entirely on them.

If you are blaming wally not telling others prior to the event. Well, its part of his privacy. Neither did barry his mentor did it. As matter of fact wally was minor when he got his powers. Barry and whom ever was responsible for wally at the time has to be blamed for that. Since, it wasn't wally's decision to take at the time. For example, superman had told the league regarding Jon's erratic powers early on. You could say wally had opportunity afterwards. But, he was following the standard set by barry. So, barry and all other speedsters will be as guilty.
    He says it the very next page you left out. It starts with the line "Here's the thing the Speedsters don't tell you" where Tom King retcons the ENTIRE HISTORY OF EVERY SPEEDSTER OF ALL TIME, in the process, but from Tom King's brain to the paper he has turned all speedsters into living bombs. He literally describes it as "You're making sure the world's most dangerous weapon stays put." Before Wally no one even knew there was a Speed Force (a term Wally coined) besides Max and Savitar. No other speedster can ever attest to having these feelings of holding back some dangerous instant kill explosion (because if they did will the villains would certainly freaking use it) because there no little to no proof or feeling or idea of a Speed Force for most Speedsters. But here we are. King literally wiped his boots on the entirety of both Max's and Wally's stories to establish that every. single. speedster. is a bad day away from killing all those around them.

And yes, the second Barry accidentally explodes and kills a dozen people who trusted him and were assumed to be safe in the vicinity of him because he lost control of his powers it will be grossly negligent on his part, too. But Barry didn't kill a dozen people. If I walk into a fireworks show with some bombs I don't plan on blowing up in my backpack and, woops, a firework hits the bomb and kills a lot of people...I'm a lot more responsible for it than just an accident. Knowing the danger of what you're inflicting on others and persisting on that danger (especially in a world with fucking power depressing collars!) without telling them is morally repugnant.

It's a stupid, shitty plot that doesn't deserve any respect or defense. But it is what happened.

I can't stress enough how dumb and stupid and bad I think HiC is. What Wally did was technically not murder. But everything else, including the killing, involves gross, morally reprehensible insanity. A pure, tragic, understandable accident would be if Wally didn't know his powers could explode and kill people. But he knew. And he's a terrible person for knowing and doing nothing to stop or mitigate and or warn the people he was putting in danger.
    Last edited by Dred; 09-20-2019 at 07:26 PM.