Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I love it. Though don't see how this is a cult though.....
    I think PV is being sarcastic. But in general, yeah. I'm not getting the vibe about the cult business. Seems like one person said it, now it's a bandwagon to call them cult-like because it's been said for so long. It's old & tired like the Xavier = Maker theory that people will keep screaming.

They seem like their own separate community where they can finally be openly mutant & proud without the worries of human violence. So everyone is in a state of newness & rejoice. But I don't see it as cultism. Just an awakening period for a while, then things will settle down.

This is more of a cult.
    \
    But not getting the same vibe with Krakoa.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-19-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Bling! would totally reject Krakoa’s offer. If she’s not included in NM its a sham!

BANNED

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...34609105506304

We're just trying to kick off the new status quo by putting out as much story as we can. Things will slow down as we move towards Wave Two.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I don't know it didn't occur to me that Brisson would use his twin OCs + Glob as soon as he got the chance.

Oh, well. I like my boy Herman enough with how Ed writes him, so I'm ok with it.
    Doesn't look like he's using anyone I care about either, so good there. Means I can just enjoy the book for the premise. I wonder if the "young mutants" in question are all new characters that Armor & Co are trying to recruit a la Xavier in the old days, or if some of them are mutants who ditched the school off-panel and they're trying to coax back into the fold. Like, I could see Roxy, Benjy, and Nathan being NOT down with Krakoa's communal living scene.

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Bling! would totally reject Krakoa’s offer. If she’s not included in NM its a sham!
    Yes, exactly. If nothing else, some dissident voices who aren't antagonists would be interesting to hear from.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    The X-Men being called the most powerful heroes and described as people who defend Earth against any thread makes me uncomfortable. They make them sound like a villainous cult. I hope the brave heroes from the MU deploy more sentinels on this threat.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! I see what you did there... *thumbs up*

when hickman turns a species of subs into doms but the plot is watching from the closet dressed like superman and ready to ruin everything
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

ooooo tryna get the new book hype out of the way ASAP to prepare for ayala's boom-boom led x-terminators relaunch, I comprehend
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Doesn't look like he's using anyone I care about either, so good there. Means I can just enjoy the book for the premise. I wonder if the "young mutants" in question are all new characters that Armor & Co are trying to recruit a la Xavier in the old days, or if some of them are mutants who ditched the school off-panel and they're trying to coax back into the fold. Like, I could see Roxy, Benjy, and Nathan being NOT down with Krakoa's communal living scene.

ETA:

Yes, exactly. If nothing else, some dissident voices who aren't antagonists would be interesting to hear from.
    Which begs the question...which it seems as though NM will address in some form...
    If a mutant doesn't want to/chooses not to live on Krakoa, does that mean they are permanently banned from ever stepping foot on the island?
    As open as they are to inviting any and everyone in, I don't see Xavier and Co. 'forcing' or 'dictating' ALL mutants MUST live on Krakoa only.

I'm happy to see Rictor this prominent. I hope Shatterstar will be in this. Also, it's nice to see that they are going to use his connection to the Earth (which was also kind of mystical), especially with Krakoa around.

The covers and the sollicts all look so promising! I cant' wait for Dawn of X.

X-men: Most mutant enemies are now aligned with Krakoa, so I guess the old enemy must be human, right?

New Mutants: I'm glad younger students will be on it, not just original New Mutants and Generation X.

Fallen Angels: Boooring.

X-force: Jean using new Cerebra looks dope.

Excalibur: Betsy and Brian fighting again? Not sure I like it.

Marauders: Everybody aiming a new husk. Must be a very dangerous mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am pretty sure PV is just being sarcastic and mocking people on this forum who think the build up of the mutant domination is leading something sinister, obviously because Hickman personally spilled the beans to them you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think PV is being sarcastic. But in general, yeah. I'm not getting the vibe about the cult business. Seems like one person said it, now it's a bandwagon to call them cult-like because it's been said for so long. It's old & tired like the Xavier = Maker theory that people will keep screaming.

They seem like their own separate community where they can finally be openly mutant & proud without the worries of human violence. So everyone is in a state of newness & rejoice. But I don't see it as cultism. Just an awakening period for a while, then things will settle down.

This is more of a cult.
    But not getting the same vibe with Krakoa.
    OH, I see. Thank you both for the clarification.....

Mighty Member

Why would you need the mind control twins for mutant outreach?

I would say...read the issue to find out before going off into wild speculation and emotional turmoil. But that would be a complete waste of time and energy.

I wish Jon Hickman was writing Excalibur. I really do not trust any other writer with Apocalypse atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Why would you need the mind control twins for mutant outreach?
    To counter the inevitable uproar that Glob Herman is bound to trigger, appearing door to door.

Those twins are gonna need to CALM the hysteria and then GRACIOUSLY edit that terrifying memory from the brain banks of these HooMunz that simply CAN'T, with Glob Herman.