Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by objectivewatcher2013 View Post
    Dude this is horrible. You bring Jor El back, turn him into a villain, then send him back to Krypton when it explodes. Lame lame lame. I haven't felt this flat about a story since I saw Rian Johnson Last Jedi. Please tell me Bendis is gonna leave Superman soon, I'm begging ya. Superman needs a serious reboot.
    Which writer did each of these? It runs together for me. I know Mister Oz was earlier, but can't recall when the Jor-El reveal was.

I agree the story is poor, though. It's the family stuff that really kills me with Bendis. Red Cloud was kinda interesting. Seeing more the DP could be great.* But Lois and Clark and Jon have just been bad. Clark so far has gotten off better than the other two, IMO, but not working for me.

* I really like the idea of seeing Jimmy as a competent professional hearkening back to the bronze age or even the radio show. And newspaper staff can have interesting stories on their own. I mean, bronze age had some of those in Superman Family, and frankly the old Green Hornet radio serials did some great stuff with the newspaper environment crossing over with the hero one (wish I knew of an active forum for that version).

He has reasons to be cautious of superman. And being a spy ofcourse he is going to have to lie "Everybody lies" . Lois is as thickheaded as sam is. Maybe even more so. If someone in your family is on the otherside of the spectrum, very much set in his views. It's best to not bring it to the dinner table. Lois and sam both do that. That's why it never works out for them.
    That's sort of the mindset I prefer for Sam. Not trusting, but not hating Superman. Just treating him as a potential threat. Not xenophobic, abusive, or evil. But definitely at loggerheads with Lois over what the public should know. I've definitely disliked some versions/characterizations of him.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 09-18-2019 at 11:02 AM.