Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Amazing Member

Reading some of the early Rebirth stuff,I personally don't feel that Mr.Oz was always supposed to be Jor-El.

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    Reading some of the early Rebirth stuff,I personally don't feel that Mr.Oz was always supposed to be Jor-El.
    When he first showed up he was clearly supposed to be Jonathan Kent.

That's my belief too. Also always supposed to tie in with what would eventually become Doomsday Clock in Johns' head because of the Ozymandias name and imagery associations (although maybe there was a Wizard of Oz reference there just as prevalent).
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

i dont like it one bit and its probably going to be the main canon for years to come. Jor-el was already fishy now he just a bad dude
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think DC wanted to do something that has "never been done before" and "will change Superman forever" without think about if it will be a good idea or not.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's my belief too. Also always supposed to tie in with what would eventually become Doomsday Clock in Johns' head because of the Ozymandias name and imagery associations (although maybe there was a Wizard of Oz reference there just as prevalent).
    Yes, it could mean that this person, like Dorothy Gale, was transported from Kansas to some magical place. That would work for Jonathan Kent.