Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Teen Titans #34 Discussion/Spoilers

Boy, this issue delivered a pretty shocking reveal.

Adam Glass offers a new installment where he developes the usual solid character work along with a pretty important detail. The dynamic between the cast is once again really good because the writer creates a situation where the interaction is pretty much forced here, Damian is investigating each one of his teammates and their different reactions tell a lot about each one of them and even offer a few interesting sub-plots.

And the issue could have ended just there and be good, even great because of the whole character work but it goes beyond that and delivers a really surprising twist, one that initially seems like a fake lead but ultimately leads to who the traitor truly is and if everything is what it seems this might be the most impactful turn of events since Marv Wolfman and George Perez' New Teen Titans.

Bernard Chang handles the art and is really good looking thanks to the expressive characters and vibrant style.

Excellent read, I don't think anything can top this this week.

I'm really wondering what will happen next!

I'm assuming either Damian or Wally will arrive to save Emiko. Because otherwise its not looking very good for her - blasted straight out the window.

We know Crush is going to join Lobo soon probably because of how angry she is becoming. Which will mean Damian's team will be rather small with just Damian. Wally and Djinn (plus probably Emiko who will rejoin). I wonder if after all the Other stuff they will relaunch the book.

Roundhouse’s bad guy face is just glorious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    I'm really wondering what will happen next!

I'm assuming either Damian or Wally will arrive to save Emiko. Because otherwise its not looking very good for her - blasted straight out the window.

We know Crush is going to join Lobo soon probably because of how angry she is becoming. Which will mean Damian's team will be rather small with just Damian. Wally and Djinn (plus probably Emiko who will rejoin). I wonder if after all the Other stuff they will relaunch the book.
    If the book gets re launched, I hope we get a different roster.The only character on the team right now who I don't mind seeing again is Kid Flash.

Now that I think on it, we might be stuck with this lineup for a while since most of the characters from the Titans/TT franchise are derailed or dead right now. The only ones who aren't are Raven, Ms.Martian, both Aqualads, Beast Boy, Terra, Lilith and Ravager.

Unless writers decide to use the really obscure members.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If the book gets re launched, I hope we get a different roster.The only character on the team right now who I don't mind seeing again is Kid Flash.

Now that I think on it, we might be stuck with this lineup for a while since most of the characters from the Titans/TT franchise are derailed or dead right now. The only ones who aren't are Raven, Ms.Martian, both Aqualads, Beast Boy, Terra, Lilith and Ravager.

See, Wallace is one of the ones I actually do mind coming back. I used to find him annoying, now I just find him boring. He's just one character who has never really clicked with me and probably never will.

I'm always up for Gar and Raven coming back. But I think some more obscure members would be better right now. The Titans has a HUGE roster. Take advantage of it. Bring Zachary Zatara, Blue Beetle, Static (can they still use him?), Pantha, Rose, Joey, Aquagirl (does she exist, Post-Flashpoint?). There's plenty they can go with before going back to the usual suspects. Unfortunately most of said characters will probably stay lost and abandoned for the foreseeable future.

As for the issue itself, I'm glad Billy's the traitor. Who else could it have been? Djinn was too obvious. Crush was twice as obvious, and there's no way it would have been Wallace again. It was always gonna be either Roundhouse or Emiko.

Overall, this was a pretty good read. Even the art, which I usually hate, was good here. Fitting, even.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-18-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    See, Wallace is one of the ones I actually do mind coming back. I used to find him annoying, now I just find him boring. He's just one character who has never really clicked with me and probably never will.

I'm always up for Gar and Raven coming back. But I think some more obscure members would be better right now. The Titans has a HUGE roster. Take advantage of it. Bring Zachary Zatara, Blue Beetle, Static (can they still use him?), Pantha, Rose, Joey, Aquagirl (does she exist, Post-Flashpoint?). There's plenty they can go with before going back to the usual suspects. Unfortunately most of said characters will probably stay lost and abandoned for the foreseeable future.

As for the issue itself, I'm glad Billy's the traitor. Who else could it have been? Djinn was too obvious. Crush was twice as obvious, and there's no way it would have been Wallace again. It was always gonna be either Roundhouse or Emiko.

Overall, this was a pretty good read. Even the art, which I usually hate, was good here. Fitting, even.
    Static still can't be used and Blue Beetle is working for Batmam Who Laughs along with Donna.

Last page was very surprising. Could Roundhouse person be fake one and he is actually The Other?

And yes, it looks likely that team will shrink down to Damian, Wallace and Emiko once this story wraps up. Good time for relaunch or to put them in another context.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Last page was very surprising. Could Roundhouse person be fake one and he is actually The Other?

And yes, it looks likely that team will shrink down to Damian, Wallace and Emiko once this story wraps up. Good time for relaunch or to put them in another context.
    I guess is fitting considering they were the founding trio of this team.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I like the kid and always have but I still wonder why he's even there... Glass doesn't really use him much. Nerfs him all the time in fights, and basically uses him just to complain about everything that's going on. This whole run has been crowded with Crush, Djinn, and Damian bs since the beginning.

I liked when he was apart of Defiance, because it seemed like Priest enjoyed writing his character for that short time and I wouldn't mind him tackling him again some point in the future.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post

Raven beast boy starfire should never be on a jr titans team again

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Forgot to add that...

I love that the traitor is Roundhouse because he's been suspicious since day 1. No origin, barely knowing anything about him, surviving the nuke, not letting the team know, blowing their cover when they were scouting Lady Vic, triggering the Bat alarm, pretending to be completely clueless on what KF was trying to tell him involving the prison despite being smart. Great twist!

Djinn was always a red herring and WAY too obvious.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Raven beast boy starfire should never be on a jr titans team again
    Regarding Starfire, Jr.Titans is a lot better than pawn of Darkseid. That being said I agree with your sentiments. A lot of Titans are going to need to be re -imagined or rebooted after the DC editorial is through with them.

I feel like Raven and Beast Boy are next to get screwed over.

Figures; I was starting to like billy. And this lobo plot line is taking forever. Consider this book dropped.

Damn! I was hoping it wasn't Roundhouse. I was liking the character. Now he's toast. He'll fade into obscurity never to return again. Quite an ending.

that last page bamboozled me. At first, I was like "ha! I knew Djinn was on some ****" but then Roundhouse popped out the cut! I've been really enjoying the little guy so I'm not inclined to fully buy he's a bad guy but it's titans, betrayals happen. I keep forgetting he's actually one of the smarter characters but reading his pages with Robin knowing he's the "traitor" gave him some slight jr. machiavellian vibes, I'm curious as to how this will pan out. I don't think Roundhouse is really evil, I think this is all part of the machinations of the Other. I noticed Djinn's and Crush's eyes both turned fully red, but doesn't Djinn's ring only controls Djinn? It is possible that they used the same effect because Roundhouse had Djinn controlling Crush but, for my money, i would say that is pointing to something wonky going on; some serious wonkery is afoot.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-18-2019 at 09:30 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."