Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Absolute Carnage 3

So this issue is all about being a parent. We see the symbiote gave us on his kid Carnage and now wants him dead we see Eddie caring more and more about Dylan but since Eddie and the Symbiote arent in the same page its causing some friction. Eddie saves scorpion and returns him to based only to find that the Maker is gone and supposedly they brought Bruce Banner which honestly makes no sense since Immortal Hulk is going on right now. The codex removal machine works Spider-man indirectly told Carnage who sneak in that Dylan is Eddie Son and the symbiote fed up with Ediit decided to take control of Hulk and we have our first instance of Veulk. My favorite moment is when Peter told Eddie he isnt going to remove the codex until this is over since he technically brought the symbiote first to earth. But the symbiote is telling Eddie to tell Peter the truth so he can relive himself and Eddie like naw I need his guilt-ridden responsibility self to help. So its a good issue just uneasy about Hulk being in it honestly.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

I don't know much about the current Hulk continuity, so I can't speak to that, but I look forward to seeing him poundcake Carnage in the next issue. Also, it's really interesting seeing the Venom symbiote wanting to kill off Carnage due to a sense of responsibility. In the 90s, that was a running theme, but now it looks like the symbiote is finally fed up with Carnage's rampages.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    I don't know much about the current Hulk continuity, so I can't speak to that, but I look forward to seeing him poundcake Carnage in the next issue. Also, it's really interesting seeing the Venom symbiote wanting to kill off Carnage due to a sense of responsibility. In the 90s, that was a running theme, but now it looks like the symbiote is finally fed up with Carnage's rampages.
    makes me wonder about how parents feel when they know their child is nonredeemable
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Thing is... this isn't the Carnage symbiote, no? It's the Grendel symbiote that Clerus is wearing. Which isn't Venom's child.

...what even happened to the Carnage symbiote anyway? Kasady explicitly didn't have it in Venomized - the Poisons bunged some random symbiote they could actually convert onto him.

[Not even counting the whole "Venom ate the original Carnage symbiote in the Byrne run" thing

BANNED

Can symbiotes possess a dead being? cause Bruce Banner is currently "dead" while the immortal hulk is a undead creature or something.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Can symbiotes possess a dead being? cause Bruce Banner is currently "dead" while the immortal hulk is a undead creature or something.
    Sleeper was wearing a corpse, so, yeah, probably.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Sleeper was wearing a corpse, so, yeah, probably.
    Yes and now that you mention it I also remember that Deadpool had also been dismembered by carnage and had died when the four life foundation symbiotes possessed him and brought him back to life though maybe his healing factor also was a factor

Astonishing Member

In Life Story, Venom was possessing Kraven’s corpse, so it’s pretty much confirmed by now. I think they just prefer living hosts.

Holy crap! Carnage knows! Peter and Eddie are going to have to stop him before he tries and slaughter his friends and family!

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Thing is... this isn't the Carnage symbiote, no? It's the Grendel symbiote that Clerus is wearing. Which isn't Venom's child.

...what even happened to the Carnage symbiote anyway? Kasady explicitly didn't have it in Venomized - the Poisons bunged some random symbiote they could actually convert onto him.

[Not even counting the whole "Venom ate the original Carnage symbiote in the Byrne run" thing
    The original Carnage symbiote presumably "died" at the end of "Go Down Swinging" in ASM #800. It was previously used by Norman Osborn. It was removed from Kasady before that storyline. Not sure how, but that's where it was.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Holy crap! Carnage knows! Peter and Eddie are going to have to stop him before he tries and slaughter his friends and family!

The original Carnage symbiote presumably "died" at the end of "Go Down Swinging" in ASM #800. It was previously used by Norman Osborn. It was removed from Kasady before that storyline. Not sure how, but that's where it was.
    The Carnage symbiote was removed from Kasady at the end of the ongoing series by Gerry Conway back in 2015-2016. That was how Osborn was able to have it stolen from the FBI's Anti-Symbiote Taskforce's lockup and then bond with it.

As for Kasady knowing Peter is Spider-Man, or Spider-Man is Peter, he might've already known that when the Carnage symbiote bonded with Ben Reilly during Ben's time as Spider-Man, but since he never capitalized on or referenced it at all, I figured he was like the Joker with Batman at DC; he just didn't care who Spider-Man was behind the mask.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I could be remembering wrong, but I think there might still be a little bit of Carnage codex left within him, just like the Venom codex is still within the other characters. That's also how the cult was able to resurrect him and bond him to the Grendel in the first place.

The last real bit of the carnage symbiote itself died in Go Down Swinging and at the beginning of the Carnage Born one-shot, but I guess because since at this point, Cletus and Carnage have become so synonymous with each other, even more than Eddie and Venom ever were, the Symbiote will still see any damage Cletus does as his responsibility.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I could be remembering wrong, but I think there might still be a little bit of Carnage codex left within him, just like the Venom codex is still within the other characters. That's also how the cult was able to resurrect him and bond him to the Grendel in the first place.

The last real bit of the carnage symbiote itself died in Go Down Swinging and at the beginning of the Carnage Born one-shot, but I guess because since at this point, Cletus and Carnage have become so synonymous with each other, even more than Eddie and Venom ever were, the Symbiote will still see any damage Cletus does as his responsibility.
    A Carnage codex was still inside Normie Osborn at the time, and that was extracted as of this issue, I believe.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    makes me wonder about how parents feel when they know their child is nonredeemable
    Yeah, there are definitely some deeper themes going on in this story. I wonder how and when Dylan finds out that Eddie is his father.

It's been shown on multiple occasions that even when he's technically separated from the symbiote, Kasady almost always retains a small portion of the symbiote inside him, such as when he painted himself red and had a few super powers. As to Venom eating the symbiote, it seemed to to me at the end of that issue that the Carnage symbiote was rapidly being rejected by the Venom symbiote. I always assumed that after it was expunged, it was somehow then transferred to the Negative Zone where Kasady found it again.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Lightbulb

Here is a good vid which explains in brief how Carnage and Cletus came to be resurrected after the events of "Venomized" as seen in "Carnage Born" -

Edit - So basically both Cletus and the Carnage Symbiote were all but dead until the Grendel (sp?) sample infused them with new life.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-19-2019 at 08:35 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    In Life Story, Venom was possessing Kraven’s corpse, so it’s pretty much confirmed by now. I think they just prefer living hosts.
    I don't think they can get the same nutrients from a corpse as a living person, so even if they can use one, why should they if there are better ones? And ones like Venom seem to want a relationship with their hosts.